• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will You Be Able To Accept The Outcome of the Impeachment Trial No Matter Which Way it Goes?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
That might had been the case against Hillary Clinton if she were the authoritarian who had been elected.

During the 2016 election, Donald Trump suggested 'Second Amendment people' can stop Hillary Clinton.

I'd like to see any anti-Second amendment authoritarian taken down by pro-second amendment people.

Answer my question. I didn't ask about Hilary.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Will our politicians Republican and democrat be able to accept the outcome or will they blather on and on about how wrong or unfair it was?

I thought the question was, "Will You Be Able To Accept The Outcome of the Impeachment Trial No Matter Which Way it Goes?" Now you want to ask if the politicians will accept the outcome.

For starters, we already know the outcome, which is what makes it a sham trial and its outcome dishonest. And, no, I will not condone that kind of banana republic behavior from the Republicans, but I also don't care. I've come to accept that that is what America is today, and that it will become worse as the years unfurl. We're not really watching any more.

To not be able to would seem to show a distrust of our system and it's institutions which would seem to undermine our democracy and cause divisiveness.

That ship has long since sailed.

Distrusting America is not what undermined American democracy, which is just a word now. What democracy? Sham elections, invited and welcomed foreign interference, a mindless electorate led by nose by incessant conservative media indoctrination, destroying uncounted ballots. and the purging of voter rolls (happened to me twice - went to vote, not on the roster - so I quit voting or caring long ago),

You have no say over what the federal government does. It doesn't ask you or listen to you. It's a dog and pony show meant to resemble a democracy to keep you thinking your opinion matters and that you are a participant in a democracy so that you will be content with what follows.

don't care anymore ... I've kinda given up on American values and institutions.

Agreed. I just don't care any more.

And in the process of giving up on America, I find myself just not caring about much not in my immediate sphere of influence, meaning my wife, my dogs, my neighbors, my friends, and a few local causes.

Speaking of which, some of our Mexican neighbors threw a fiesta on the street in front of our houses last night, a Mexican tradition that closes off the street to traffic. There was an excellent band and good food, with everybody dancing in the streets including young children. It was nice to see the gringo and local populations getting along so well, with Mexican children, their parents, and we immigrants dancing in circles holding hands and dancing in conga lines. It was a feel-good moment.

My wife was asked to help earlier in the day by shredding two large blocks of cheese for tacos and enchiladas. They came to the door with a cheese shredder and the cheese, but my wife has a device that shreds the cheese in minutes, which delighted the neighbors. I think she's their permanent go-to person for shredding, which is a laborious job if done manually.

This year we began sponsoring one of these children, an 11-year old daughter of one of the four sisters in the extended family throwing the fiesta, to attend private school. The local schools teach just the basics, which doesn't include much science, English, or mathematics, and we'd like to see this girl end up with a college diploma and a professional career.

These are the things that matter now, not the news.

Last edited:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Answer my question. I didn't ask about Hilary.

Even if President Donald J. Trump himself were to cross the line of trying to take away the people's right to be well-armed, then under that very hypothetical circumstance would I like to see this anti-Constitutional P.O.T.U.S. deposed from power.

Would you also agree with me regarding the pro-second amendment people's right to depose an anti-second amendment P.O.T.U.S. from power?

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Even if President Donald J. Trump himself were to cross the line of trying to take away the people's right to be well-armed, then under that very hypothetical circumstance would I like to see this anti-Constitutional P.O.T.U.S. deposed from power.
So you're saying that you support the country being ruled by an autocracy and that they can be abusive and oppressive tyrants as long as they don't ban guns? And that The Constitution somehow allows this?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
So you're saying that you support the country being ruled by an autocracy and that they can be abusive and oppressive tyrants as long as they don't ban guns? And that The Constitution somehow allows this?

Nope, never said that!

How has a powerful leader like Trump exercising his executive privilege abused or oppressed your Constitutional rights?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Nope, never said that!

How has a powerful leader like Trump exercising his executive privilege abused or oppressed your Constitutional rights?
Suppose, while at least paying lip service to the Constitutional rights you care about, Trump is abusing his powers and obstructing efforts to prevent him from selling out US national interests to hostile foreign powers?

Does that distinct possibility matter to you? Do you think your guns will protect you from the fallout of Trump smoothing the way for Russia to regain it's position of "superpower very able to challenge the USA for global dominance"?
Tom

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Suppose, while at least paying lip service to the Constitutional rights you care about, Trump is abusing his powers and obstructing efforts to prevent him from selling out US national interests to hostile foreign powers?

Does that distinct possibility matter to you? Do you think your guns will protect you from the fallout of Trump smoothing the way for Russia to regain it's position of "superpower very able to challenge the USA for global dominance"?
Tom

There's zero evidence Donald J. Trump has "sold out" U.S. national interests to "hostile foreign powers".

In fact, it appears to me the U.S. is now even more militarily supreme over any other nation.

Perhaps, we can agree peace between the Trump-led U.S. and Putin's Russia is for the best interests of both nuclear superpowers. ....:)

3-43.jpg

Last edited:

Stanyon

WWMRD?
For starters, we already know the outcome, which is what makes it a sham trial and its outcome dishonest. And, no, I will not condone that kind of banana republic behavior from the Republicans, but I also don't care. I've come to accept that that is what America is today, and that it will become worse as the years unfurl. We're not really watching any more.

That ship has long since sailed.

Distrusting America is not what undermined American democracy, which is just a word now. What democracy? Sham elections, invited and welcomed foreign interference, a mindless electorate led by nose by incessant conservative media indoctrination, destroying uncounted ballots. and the purging of voter rolls (happened to me twice - went to vote, not on the roster - so I quit voting or caring long ago),

You have no say over what the federal government does. It doesn't ask you or listen to you. It's a dog and pony show meant to resemble a democracy to keep you thinking your opinion matters and that you are a participant in a democracy so that you will be content with what follows.

It's good to hear you say that this is a sham trial, some democrats wanted to impeach Trump before he even took oath, it was an impeachment looking for a reason no matter how flimsy or contrived the evidence.
Not enough evidence seems to be the outcome in all the claims they have thrown around over the past three years.

I doubt you have any more say over what the Mexican government, military, or police do. Corruption is rife with some actively involved in drug trafficking, torture, and murder within your very own borders. If you feel you have found a slice of your own heaven then that is good, I just hope that after eleven years you would be able to set down that sack of bricks you seem to carry around.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's good to hear you say that this is a sham trial, some democrats wanted to impeach Trump before he even took oath, it was an impeachment looking for a reason no matter how flimsy or contrived the evidence.
Not enough evidence seems to be the outcome in all the claims they have thrown around over the past three years.

I doubt you have any more say over what the Mexican government, military, or police do. Corruption is rife with some actively involved in drug trafficking, torture, and murder within your very own borders. If you feel you have found a slice of your own heaven then that is good, I just hope that after eleven years you would be able to set down that sack of bricks you seem to carry around.

You don't appear to understand why it is a sham trial. It is a sham not because Democrats rushed to judgement. It is a sham because it appears that the Republicans know that Trump is guilty and don't want that to he made any more obvious.

An honest trial would only make the Republicans look that much worse when they voted not guilty.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
WE have known since Mitch McConnell announced that he had no intention of running a fair trial that this was not going to be any such thing. And we know, listening the Republicans talk in the foyer between sessions that they have already determined the verdict -- long before the process ends. That this is a betrayal of the oath they took seems not to matter much. Schiff was pretty much correct, and 3 years of Trump's history as POTUS have made it abundantly clear that he will go after those who don't support him with a vengeance. Their heads may not be on pikes, but their electoral chances will be spiked.

But as I've said before, even though we already know the outcome -- no witnesses, no documents, not guilty -- the truth will one day come out. Maybe John Bolton will write a book, rather then testify (since he won't be invited to). Maybe somebody will talk to somebody else under deep cover. However it happens, one day America will discover that it is been had be the Republican Party in the Senate.

By which time, probably nothing will happen, since so much trust in government has already been lost. It's a shame, but that's the way it is. I see America in a very sad slide from greatness to something a great deal less. And that is hardly MAGA.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Will our politicians Republican and democrat be able to accept the outcome or will they blather on and on about how wrong or unfair it was?
To not be able to would seem to show a distrust of our system and it's institutions which would seem to undermine our democracy and cause divisiveness.
That the Republicans can force a not-guilty verdict is obvious or so we hear in the UK.
So we don't expect to hear of any objective verdict.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
That the Republicans can force a not-guilty verdict is obvious or so we hear in the UK.

Some democrats were calling for impeachment before Trump even took the oath of office, as I have said it was an impeachment waiting for an excuse so it seems there was no objectivity to begin with. If the evidence is so compelling republicans will.have no choice but to find him guilty. What you are saying is exactly what the democrats are pushing for, if the republicans don't agree with them then they can claim it was unfair when the reality may be that they just don't have convincing enough of an argument or enough evidence.
The democratic party is so splintered right now they don't seem to know which direction they want to go so they have a serious problem,Trump is their problem and they wish to get rid of him anyway they can if they hope to stand a chance in 2020. Lacking the ability to remove him they will just resort to the same old thing they have doing for quite a while, throw mud and pretend to take the high moral road (the moral party) and attempt to present themselves as the only real defenders of the Constitution.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't think it's a "guilty" or "not guilty" verdict in reality.
It's more a decision to oust or leave in place.
As we saw in the Clinton impeachment, we kept him as
Prez, despite clear evidence of guilt of crimes. This was
because the Senate decided it was better to leave him
in office. I'm not saying I approve...that's just how it is.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Some democrats were calling for impeachment before Trump even took the oath of office, as I have said it was an impeachment waiting for an excuse so it seems there was no objectivity to begin with. If the evidence is so compelling republicans will.have no choice but to find him guilty. What you are saying is exactly what the democrats are pushing for, if the republicans don't agree with them then they can claim it was unfair when the reality may be that they just don't have convincing enough of an argument or enough evidence.
The democratic party is so splintered right now they don't seem to know which direction they want to go so they have a serious problem,Trump is their problem and they wish to get rid of him anyway they can if they hope to stand a chance in 2020. Lacking the ability to remove him they will just resort to the same old thing they have doing for quite a while, throw mud and pretend to take the high moral road (the moral party) and attempt to present themselves as the only real defenders of the Constitution.

Oh please!
We may well get more clear news here than you do in the States. Have you considered that?
My first post stands.