• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will You Be Able To Accept The Outcome of the Impeachment Trial No Matter Which Way it Goes?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I don't think it's a "guilty" or "not guilty" verdict in reality.
It's more a decision to oust or leave in place.
As we saw in the Clinton impeachment, we kept him as
Prez, despite clear evidence of guilt of crimes. This was
because the Senate decided it was better to leave him
in office. I'm not saying I approve...that's just how it is.

Yep. Truth and Just Verdicts don't always seem to count, eh?

You've probably heard about the incident involving Ann Sacoulas (spelling?). We don't think much of US justice over here at this time.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yep. Truth and Just Verdicts don't always seem to count, eh?

You've probably heard about the incident involving Ann Sacoulas (spelling?). We don't think much of US justice over here at this time.
I think poorly of our system too.
If justice happens, it's largely accidental.
But impeachment is different...it's about political will.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Oh please!
We may well get more clear news here than you do in the States. Have you considered that?
My first post stands.

Mine does too, one democrat (there are others) Maxine Waters guaranteed Trump colluded with Russia and pushed for impeachment in 2017. After the investigation concluded there was not enough evidence she stated she still believed he colluded, so basically even if the facts did not support her argument she still continued believing her lie and this seems common amongst them.
Facts and evidence be damned, We want an impeachment!...for something.
Even their deluded minions proclaim "By any means neccessary" and then pretend to take the moral high road, they have no legitimacy or shame.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
And now we've seen Trump's implied threat to Adam Schiff (""Shifty Adam Schiff is a CORRUPT POLITICIAN, and probably a very sick man," Trump tweeted. "He has not paid the price, yet, for what he has done to our Country!") - emphasis mine.

This causes me to give more credence to Schiff's remark about "heads on pikes" than I did before. This is just the sort of thing this President does -- and will continue to do.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
And now we've seen Trump's implied threat to Adam Schiff (""Shifty Adam Schiff is a CORRUPT POLITICIAN, and probably a very sick man," Trump tweeted. "He has not paid the price, yet, for what he has done to our Country!") - emphasis mine.

This causes me to give more credence to Schiff's remark about "heads on pikes" than I did before. This is just the sort of thing this President does -- and will continue to do.

Not even close to a threat, Schiff repeated the "head on a pike" lie from a news agency and confused politicians involved said they were told no such thing, it is pure theatrics on cryin' Schiffs part -complete drama queen!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Not even close to a threat, Schiff repeated the "head on a pike" lie from a news agency and confused politicians involved said they were told no such thing, it is pure theatrics on cryin' Schiffs part -complete drama queen!
Then you haven't watched DJT at all -- that's precisely and exactly how he acts at all times. He did it with Ambassador Yovanovitch when he said she "would go through some things."

And the fact is, the "head on a pike" remark was indeed a quote from a CBS reporter from 2 days before, so he didn't make it up -- he didn't lie. And he did say that it was a quote from CBS.

You might do yourself a favour and actually do some research on Trump -- he is a man who gets even, or tries very hard to, and there are many, many instances of this. You can, as of this past week, find a lot of those examples in a new book called "A Very Stable Genius: Donald J. Trump's Testing of America" by Philip Rucker and Carol Leonning.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Then you haven't watched DJT at all -- that's precisely and exactly how he acts at all times. He did it with Ambassador Yovanovitch when he said she "would go through some things."

And the fact is, the "head on a pike" remark was indeed a quote from a CBS reporter from 2 days before, so he didn't make it up -- he didn't lie. And he did say that it was a quote from CBS.

You might do yourself a favour and actually do some research on Trump -- he is a man who gets even, or tries very hard to, and there are many, many instances of this. You can, as of this past week, find a lot of those examples in a new book called "A Very Stable Genius: Donald J. Trump's Testing of America" by Philip Rucker and Carol Leonning.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
You can, as of this past week, find a lot of those examples in a new book called "A Very Stable Genius: Donald J. Trump's Testing of America" by Philip Rucker and Carol Leonning.

Schiff did apparently repeat a lie for dramatic effect

I'm sure there is a good market for anti- Trump potboilers, had I thought about it sooner I might have written one myself to exploit the anti- Trumpeteers, they would eat it up!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

I'm sure there is a good market for anti- Trump potboilers, had I thought about it sooner I might have written one myself to exploit the anti- Trumpeteers, they would eat it up!
Don't like lies? How about "I won the popular vote." Know who said that? Want some more?

No, it's not the "lies" you care about, it's defending Trump, no matter what.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

I'd like to point out something else, too. Yes, many Republican senators said "I've never been threatened" by Trump. But those same senators are not stupid -- they can see as easily as I can who the man is, and how he reacts virtually every time. So while maybe nobody said, "you will go through some things," they know the inevitable price to be paid by crossing him.

You know the story of the scorpion and the frog: it's a metaphor for how vicious people cannot restrain their impulses even when it is in their interests. And that's Trump.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I'd like to point out something else, too. Yes, many Republican senators said "I've never been threatened" by Trump. But those same senators are not stupid -- they can see as easily as I can who the man is, and how he reacts virtually every time. So while maybe nobody said, "you will go through some things," they know the inevitable price to be paid by crossing him.

So you admit the "head on a pike" was a repeated lie? Pretty sloppy and careless from the guy who is heading up a prosecution, how can we trust his judgement and claims if he does such things?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
So you admit the "head on a pike" was a repeated lie? Pretty sloppy and careless from the guy who is heading up a prosecution, how can we trust his judgement and claims if he does such things?
Right back at you -- who, in the US today, is most guilty of the "repeated lie?" And how, therefore, can you trust his judgment and claims?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
There is about 300 million people in the U.S. so that would be a tough one to answer.
Okay, let me ask you to answer one question with real honesty -- do you, personally, know anyone who has told more lies, more often, and more publicly, in the last 3 years than Donald J. Trump? (If you have a family member suffering from a drug addiction, it's quite probable you could answer "yes," but other than that...)

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
You don't appear to understand why it is a sham trial. It is a sham not because Democrats rushed to judgement. It is a sham because it appears that the Republicans know that Trump is guilty and don't want that to he made any more obvious.

An honest trial would only make the Republicans look that much worse when they voted not guilty.

If most American voters were to agree with your opinion Trump obviously did wrongdoing unworthy of being President, then let the American voters get rid of Trump by casting their votes for Trump's political opponent in the upcoming Presidential election later this year. Please let's agree the American electoral college system rather than partisan politics should determine if President Trump is worthy of being P.O.T.U.S.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Mine does too, one democrat (there are others) Maxine Waters guaranteed Trump colluded with Russia and pushed for impeachment in 2017. After the investigation concluded there was not enough evidence she stated she still believed he colluded, so basically even if the facts did not support her argument she still continued believing her lie and this seems common amongst them.
Even their deluded minions proclaim "By any means neccessary" and then pretend to take the moral high road, they have no legitimacy or shame.
A belief is not a lie, it's a belief.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

I have to add a bit to the post just previous to mine.

Even if this was true it does not matter. Cooler heads prevailed. Just as there are crazies on the Republican side there are crazies on the Democratic side. The leadership does not tend to listen to them too much. Trump's impeachment was due to serious "high crimes and misdemeanors" that were well proven. Not to a collusion that is still a possibility but is not supported by evidence. Let's say that Trump did not collude with Russia, he may not have, that does not give him immunity to all future charges, no matter how much you wish that that was the case.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Let's say that Trump did not collude with Russia, he may not have, that does not give him immunity to all future charges, no matter how much you wish that that was the case.

That wasn't my intent, I was giving an example of a democrat that wanted an impeachment even if facts did not support it, it shows a pattern and history of prejudice.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That wasn't my intent, I was giving an example of a democrat that wanted an impeachment even if facts did not support it, it shows a pattern and history of prejudice.
No, the prejudice was yours. You picked some extremists and tried to claim that was what the party as a whole believed. Let me reassure you, that is not the case.