• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will You Be Able To Accept The Outcome of the Impeachment Trial No Matter Which Way it Goes?

Shad

Veteran Member
I'm not overly worried. I know for every action there is an opposite but equal reaction. Sooner, or later, that bread upon the water is going to return in some form.

Considering Vietnam do not hold your breath. This is why stuff like 911 happens as US politicians do not play by the rules they parade around the world.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
If the evidence is so compelling republicans will.have no choice but to find him guilty.
This is b.s..
The Republicans are so tied to Trump's political fortunes that they cannot honestly deliver an accurate and faithful verdict.
Even if that means Trump sells out national interests and leaves his successor to deal with it. Probably even get blamed for it.

It happened at the end of the Bush administration and I expect it to happen again now.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Maxine Waters guaranteed Trump colluded with Russia and pushed for impeachment in 2017.
No. That's simply not true.
Maxine Waters, along with many other people, pointed out the huge evidence that Trump colluded with Russia. We quoted public statements from Trump encouraging the Russians to keep doing it. This is very well established.
Even when US security agencies pointed this out Trump and his supporters decided that our government agencies were too partisan to trust. He said that the FBI was lying and fired Comey.

After the investigation concluded there was not enough evidence she stated she still believed he colluded, so basically even if the facts did not support her argument she still continued believing her lie and this seems common amongst them.

There wasn't much evidence because the President of the United States was doing his level best to obstruct the investigation.
And he has a great deal of experience at that.
Tom

Stanyon

WWMRD?
No. That's simply not true.
Maxine Waters, along with many other people, pointed out the huge evidence that Trump colluded with Russia.

From the American Bar Association:

"Special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation did not find sufficient evidence that President Donald Trump’s campaign coordinated with Russia to influence the United States’ 2016 election"
“did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple efforts from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign.”

source:
Mueller finds no collusion with Russia, leaves obstruction question open

Maxine Waters: 'I believe' Trump-Putin conspiracy 'even though I don't have the facts to prove it'
"Rep. Maxine Waters admitted Monday that she doesn’t have the facts to prove her firmly held belief that President Trump colluded with Russian President Vladimir Putin during the 2016 presidential election.
Ms. Waters, California Democrat and chairwoman of the House Financial Service Committee, told CNN’s Erin Burnett that she still believes Mr. Trump proposed lifting sanctions against Russia in exchange for helping him win in the election, even though a lengthy investigation conducted by special counsel Robert Mueller found no evidence of collusion between Mr. Trump’s campaign and the Kremlin."
source::
Maxine Waters: 'I believe' Trump-Putin conspiracy 'even though I don't have the facts to prove it' - Washington Times
:shrug:

I don't imagine she could honestly deliver an accurate and faithful verdict.

Last edited:

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What's wrong with the Christian ideal of righteousness, universal love, forgiveness

It's not my ideal for any of those categories - right behavior or the degree to which we love or forgive. Loving and forgiveness are o a case-by-case basis. There is no virtue in loving enemies or forgiving indiscriminately.

Not enough evidence seems to be the outcome in all the claims they have thrown around over the past three years.

That's by design. First, the Mueller report was redacted almost to extinction. The taxes that were promised have been assiduously concealed. Witness testimony i being suppressed, and subpoenas for evidence have been defied. You'd have your evidence if it weren't so carefully being suppressed.

Innocent people don't behave like that. Nor do honest or just governments.

I doubt you have any more say over what the Mexican government, military, or police do.

That is correct, but there's a difference. I'm not a citizen here, have no voting privilege because of that, and am in fact forbidden to participate in Mexican politics at any level - no demonstrating or any other form of activism.

I don't know how responsive this government is to its people. Perhaps this is a sham democracy as well.

Note that when I call America a sham democracy, I am referring only to the federal government. Americans still have some say at the lowest levels of government, such as whether a local bond issue will pass or what the hours of the library should be, but they have zero say over whether America goes to war, for example, however wrong they think that choice.

If you feel you have found a slice of your own heave then that is good, I just hope that after eleven years you would be able to set down that sack of bricks you seem to carry around.

Thanks, but this is no sack of bricks. This is a labor of love. I have strong convictions regarding this topic.

If the evidence is so compelling republicans will.have no choice but to find him guilty.

Really? Did you mean the Republicans in America? They don't care about evidence.

We don't think much of US justice over here at this time.

It's helpful to hear opinions of America coming from outside of the US. They tend to be more objective.

Then you haven't watched DJT at all -- that's precisely and exactly how he acts at all times. He did it with Ambassador Yovanovitch when he said she "would go through some things."

Trump is all about revenge.
  • “For many years I’ve said that if someone screws you, screw them back. When somebody hurts you, just go after them as viciously and as violently as you can.” - Donald Trump
  • "Go for the jugular so that people watching will not want to mess with you." - Donald Trump
  • "When you are wronged, go after those people because it is a good feeling.." - Donald Trump
  • "When someone crosses you, my advice is ‘Get Even!' That is not typical advice, but it is real life advice. If you do not get even, you are just a schmuck!" - Donald Trump
Nice guy.