• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will You Be Able To Accept The Outcome of the Impeachment Trial No Matter Which Way it Goes?

Audie

Veteran Member
Do you understand the electoral math behind my assertion?

I don't really expect you would. I don't understand Hong Kong either.
Tom
No I get the idea.
I just dont see it as being so dark as you do.

Stand by; 2020 looks to be interesting.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Will our politicians Republican and democrat be able to accept the outcome or will they blather on and on about how wrong or unfair it was?
To not be able to would seem to show a distrust of our system and it's institutions which would seem to undermine our democracy and cause divisiveness.
Either way....Trump or Pence as Prez, I won't be bothered.
But that set of alternatives should anger some.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Will our politicians Republican and democrat be able to accept the outcome or will they blather on and on about how wrong or unfair it was?
To not be able to would seem to show a distrust of our system and it's institutions which would seem to undermine our democracy and cause divisiveness.

Life goes on.

Its not like the kindergarteners in Washington are going to act more grown up anytime soon.

I'm just going to sit down with popcorn and watch the implosion or explosion occur.
Regardless of the outcome, someone is going to cry foul.
Yep. Instead of prediction, I think we might as well start calling it a tradition.

dianaiad

the Democrats will not be able to....and the result is foregone. Even if one is NOT on the side of Trump, one must realize that in this incredibly partisan and political exercise, while the House, being majority Democrat, would impeach him, the Senate, being majority Republican, won't toss him out of office.

But you watch. The Dems WILL scream and holler.

dianaiad

I'm fully expecting the billionaires who own the Senate to tell their employees to dismiss the charges of abuse of power and obstruction. It would be bad for business if they actually put USA interests above partisan interests.

A bigger question is what would happen if the Senate took action against that sort of presidential behavior. I'd expect Trump supporters to launch a war.
Tom

See? Already starting. First we get 'head on the pike" nonsense, and now this sort of bushwah.

the left wing is NEVER going to figure out that their opponents disagree with them on philosophical and political ideals, honestly and sincerely, They simply figure that anybody who disagrees with them MUST be either bribed or threatened.

I'm just tired.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I wonder if a Libertarian could even possibly come close to winning any state-wide election.

I keep hearing people talking about alternatives to what we have yet few seem on board with the Libertarians. I know they need better candidates but nothing is ever going to change unless we get it together, see through race and other B.S. some parties keep using as sheep whistle politics. Now we have people like Warren saying she's promising at least half her cabinet will be females and nonbinary people. Who cares? She was pandering. I would like to hope that no one really cares as long as they get the job done.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That's the problem I see with modern Republicans.

Nothing about justice or American values. It's all about partisanship and power.
When Richard Lugar got primaried I stopped voting for Republicans.
Tom
It's no better on the left side of the aisle either.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
You don't understand how an autocracy would be wildly unconstitutional?

Executive privilege and executive orders are totally constitutional in our American Constitutional Republic, the Second Amendment is what would keep the U.S. from becoming like a banana republic.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
A new third party would be worth considering provided it doesn't have links to the other two as we've seen in the past.

After Trump's second term, I'm considering forming a third political party called the Universal Catastrophic Health Insurance and Universal Subsistence Allowance Party ( U.C.H.I.A.U.S.A.), which would like universal catastrophic health insurance ( U..C.H.I.) affordably done with insured cost sharing, ( Universal Medicare w/combined $5,000 Part A and B deductible and 20 percent Part A and B insured co-insurance, 50 percent prescription drug co-insurance ) costing taxpayers ca. $2.2 trillion in the year 2026.

The estimated costs of additional federal spending approved by the U.C.H.I.A.U.S.A party in 2026 would be ca. $1.4 trillion for Social Security, ( no change from status-quo on S.S. retirement benefits ), ca $1.1 dollars towards the military and veteran services or veteran benefits, $600 billion on debt interest payments, an estimated $75 billion spending on the U.S. Department of Agriculture, ( ca. $13 billion ) for the Department of Commerce, ( ca. $13 billion ) for the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, ( ca. $37 billion) for the Department of Energy, ( ca. $10 billion ) for the Environmental Protection Agency, ( $9 billion ). for the Food and Drug Administration, ( ca. $35 billion ) for the Department of Housing and Urban Development, ( ca. $26 billion) for the Department of Interior annual spending, ( ca. $62 billion) for the Department of Homeland Security, (ca. $35 billion) for the Department of Justice, ( ca. $13 billion ) for the Department of Labor, ( ca. $26 billion ) for N.A.S.A., ( ca. $50 billion ) for the State Department, ( ca. $121 billion) for the Department of Transportation, ( ca. $24 billion ) for the Department of Treasury,, the above proposed federal spending would result in total federal annual spending to be ca. $5.85 trillion..

A ten percent Value Added Tax would result in ca. $1.25 trillion of federal taxation on America's total annual personal consumption.
The U.C.H.I.A.U.S.A. party would approve having U.C.H.I funded in large part with a 10 percent V.A.T., which would generate approximately 1.25 trillion in the year 2026. U.C.H.I. could also be funded in part with an increase in the corporate income tax rate from 21 percent to 29 percent. In 2026, this would result in corporations paying U.S. corporate income taxes of ca. $550 billion; the remainder of funding for U.C. H.I. would come from Medicare payroll taxes of ca. $400 billion.

The U.C.H.I.A.U.S.A. party would have Social security fully funded by a doubling of the cap on social security taxes, so that all workers and employers would contribute 6.2 percent of social security taxes on every dollar of their earnings up to $350,000 of each individual wage earner's income .In 2026, this would mean Americans would pay ca. $1.4 trillion in social security payroll taxes.

The U.C.H.I.A.U.S.A. party would approve of U.S. military spending along with veteran services being funded with a simplified income tax system, just a few income tax brackets beginning in year 2026, zero percent on initial $12,800 of personal individual annual income, 12 percent on $12,801 to $62,800 of personal individual annual income, 32 percent on individual personal annual earnings in excess of $62,800. Capital gains taxed at same rate as ordinary income. No tax credits, save for a refundable $4,500 child tax credit as well as a $4,500 subsistence living allowance tax credit. In 2026, this would result in total personal federal income taxes amounting to an estimated $1.1 trillion.

National defense spending ( ca. $850 billion /year spending on U.S. Department of Defense , Veterans services and benefits ( ca. $250 billion) would be well funded with personal federal income taxes generating ca. $1.1 trillion of revenue in year 2026 as imposed by the U.C.H.I.A.U.S.A. Party tax plan.

The U.C.H.I.A.U.S.A. party would approve of implementing excise taxes on fuel, tobacco, cannabis, alcohol, air travel, Amtrak, national park and museum admission fees collectively adding up to ca. $250 billion in 2026. A. An U.C.H.I.U.S.A. party approved financial transaction taxes ( remittance taxes and stock/bond trade taxes) would generate ca. $200. Tariffs would generate ca. $120 billion in revenue. Federal estate taxes would generate ca. $30 billion in revenue. Excise taxes, federal estate taxes, financial transaction taxes and tariffs could be used to fund spending on an estimated $75 billion spending on the U.S. Department of Agriculture, ( ca. $13 billion ) for the Department of Commerce, ( ca. $13 billion ) for the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, ( ca. $37 billion) for the Department of Energy, ( ca. $10 billion ) for the Environmental Protection Agency, ( $8 billion ). for the Food and Drug Administration, ( ca. $35 billion ) for the Department of Housing and Urban Development, ( ca. $26 billion) for the Department of Interior annual spending, ( ca. $61 billion) for the Department of Homeland Security, (ca. $35 billion) for the Department of Justice, ( ca. $13 billion ) for the Department of Labor, ( ca. $26 billion ) for N.A.S.A., ( ca. $50 billion ) for the State Department, ( ca. $121 billion) for the Department of Transportation, ( ca. $24 billion ) for the Department of Treasury,, the above proposed federal spending would result in total federal annual spending to be ca. $5.85 trillion..

All the above proposed taxes for 2026, would add up to ca. $5.3 trillion. The above proposed federal spending of ca. $5.85 trillion and $5.3. trillion of federal taxes would result in an annual federal deficit of ca. $550 billion in 2026.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Executive privilege and executive orders are totally constitutional in our American Constitutional Republic, the Second Amendment is what would keep the U.S. from becoming like a banana republic.
So if a gun owner feels that Trump crossed the line, he can kill him because of the 2nd amendment?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
In politics it is nothing new to intimate that a political rival or their supporters are somehow mentally or psychologically deficient. What we have seen over and over in the last three or so years is numerous intimations of that very thing in various media outlets and that does not go unnoticed. It wasn't that long ago when the Soviet Union was still around where political rivals and dissidents were diagnosed with sluggish schizophrenia.
Its not a difference of ideology that's crazy but rather people's willingness to tolerate incompetence and corruption because of it.
It's like being a passenger on a bus with a very drunk driver and cheering him on because you both belong to the same party.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
So if a gun owner feels that Trump crossed the line, he can kill him because of the 2nd amendment?

That might had been the case against Hillary Clinton if she were the authoritarian who had been elected.

During the 2016 election, Donald Trump suggested 'Second Amendment people' can stop Hillary Clinton.

I'd like to see any anti-Second amendment authoritarian taken down by pro-second amendment people.

Last edited: