• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will You Be Able To Accept The Outcome of the Impeachment Trial No Matter Which Way it Goes?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Will our politicians Republican and democrat be able to accept the outcome or will they blather on and on about how wrong or unfair it was?
To not be able to would seem to show a distrust of our system and it's institutions which would seem to undermine our democracy and cause divisiveness.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Will our politicians Republican and democrat be able to accept the outcome or will they blather on and on about how wrong or unfair it was?
To not be able to would seem to show a distrust of our system and it's institutions which would seem to undermine our democracy and cause divisiveness.
Regardless of the outcome, someone is going to cry foul.

Shad

Veteran Member

Until something like Nixon happens no impeachment is going to come out with both parties happy with the results

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I'm fully expecting the billionaires who own the Senate to tell their employees to dismiss the charges of abuse of power and obstruction. It would be bad for business if they actually put USA interests above partisan interests.

A bigger question is what would happen if the Senate took action against that sort of presidential behavior. I'd expect Trump supporters to launch a war.
Tom

Skwim

Veteran Member

Haven't got much choice do we. And the only one who would blather on and on about how wrong or unfair it was is Trump. He's the Nation's chief whinier and blatherer.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
To not be able to would seem to show a distrust of our system and it's institutions which would seem to undermine
I do not trust our system or institutions. I believe that they've been tremendously corrupted over the last few decades.
But I'm old and I don't have kids. I expect it to keep ticking until I'm dead and don't care anymore.
It's people who are younger or have children who will have to fix it or suffer the consequences.
Tom

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You sort of contradicted yourself. One can accept the results and still point out that the trial was unfair if it was.

Even if there is a fair trial I will accept the results. I may comment about the immoral nature of Republicans in general if the evidence supports that. But if there are no witnesses I will still accept the results. I will point out that the cowardly actions of the Republicans indicate that they knew Trump was guilty.

Audie

Veteran Member
You sort of contradicted yourself. One can accept the results and still point out that the trial was unfair if it was.

Even if there is a fair trial I will accept the results. I may comment about the immoral nature of Republicans in general if the evidence supports that. But if there are no witnesses I will still accept the results. I will point out that the cowardly actions of the Republicans indicate that they knew Trump was guilty.

Seriously?
Gimme a B, gimme a "i", gimme a
g, o, t.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Back in the early 2000s, I was pretty upset about Republican policies.
I could see how bad they were. Trashing the economy, launching stupid wars, enabling the looting of America by the super rich, etc.

I demonstrated in the streets. I wrote letters to my representatives, helped with letter writing campaigns.
It cost me a lot. I was a small business in Republican small town America. I knew perfectly well that lots of people would refuse to do business with me as a result.

It didn't matter. The Christian Republicans got their way, wars and recession and the decline of America. Then, when Obama got elected, they had someone to blame it all on. Next thing you know, the billionaires club known as the TeaParty took over the government. One of the last Republicans I truly respected got "primaried", by a Republican opponent who made public whippings part of his platform. Because whippings in public are cheaper than jailing people.

Then, Putin and the TeaParty got Trump into the White House. And I fully expect them to do it again this year.

I've kinda given up on American values and institutions. Representative government was a good experiment, but it isn't working out in the global, internet, world.
Tom

Shad

Veteran Member
Liie there need to actually be high crimes etc?

Or something so damning the party wont risk backing the person in question. Clinton committed a crime yet Dems didn't vote for impeachment so a crime is not even a standard politicians hold. Witness tampering, nope. Perjury? Nope. American war crimes over the last 50 years? Nope. Challenging a subpoena which is legal. Impeachment him!

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I don't expect Trump to be removed from office. I don't even expect him to lose the election. Although it would be interesting/entertaining to see how his base would react if he were removed. I would love to have seen how their promise of civil war would unfold.

Audie

Veteran Member
Or something so damning the party wont risk backing the person in question. Clinton committed a crime yet Dems didn't vote for impeachment so a crime is not even a standard politicians hold. Witness tampering, nope. Perjury? Nope. American war crimes over the last 50 years? Nope. Challenging a subpoena which is legal. Impeachment him!
Huh?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Doesn't matter what the outcome is. He knew what he was doing was wrong and tried to hide it. We have become a corrupt institution.

As long as there are double standards there can be no justice. You won't have to look for someone outside of the US to destroy it. Its members inside could be its final downfall. So why deny the obvious? emperor nero's new clothes?

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I could care less that Trump likes watersports, or Clinton liked getting his cigar smoked by a page. People's personal lives are at most boring. But when you start playing fast and loose with those that you swore to serve and protect and then abuse or neglect, you're not fit.

Shad

Veteran Member
I could care less that Trump likes watersports, or Clinton liked getting his cigar smoked by a page. People's personal lives are at most boring. But when you start playing fast and loose with those that you swore to serve and protect and then abuse or neglect, you're not fit.

Actually Clinton was witness tampering with Monica in his civil case as she was called as a witness. You are ill informed regarding Clinton's impeachment. That tampering is how he was busted for perjury.

So reconsider with POTUS witness tampering what is acceptable or not. Now consider how Dems voted.

Look at the charges listed

Explosive Starr report outlines case for impeachment - September 11, 1998

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Or something so damning the party wont risk backing the person in question.
Trump could shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and not lose support.

Because if the Republicans lost even a small fraction of the voters who will vote for Trump, no matter what, the next election would be a Republican bloodbath from which they'd never recover.

If Trump were indicted for murder the GOP would be down the tubes. And Trump knows that. So he knows that the Republicans will support any malfeasance Trump finds personally advantageous. They have no choice.
Tom