• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will You Be Able To Accept The Outcome of the Impeachment Trial No Matter Which Way it Goes?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Doesn't matter what the outcome is. He knew what he was doing was wrong and tried to hide it. We have become a corrupt institution.

As long as there are double standards there can be no justice. You won't have to look for someone outside of the US to destroy it. Its members inside could be its final downfall. So why deny the obvious? emperor nero's new clothes?

And if they convict what will be your response?

PureX

Veteran Member
Will our politicians Republican and democrat be able to accept the outcome or will they blather on and on about how wrong or unfair it was?
To not be able to would seem to show a distrust of our system and it's institutions which would seem to undermine our democracy and cause divisiveness.
Well, first of all, I don't see why you're assuming that acceptance should mean capitulation. I can accept that a snowstorm is happening without having to stay indoors and wait for better weather. I can still act according to my own interests.

And we all have plenty of reason not to trust in the system, regardless of how we feel about Trump. The system does not deserve our trust, right now, or our capitulation. So I find your assertions that we should shut up and capitulate somewhat insulting, and quite disingenuous.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Actually Clinton was witness tampering with Monica in his civil case as she was called as a witness. You are ill informed regarding Clinton's impeachment. That tampering is how he was busted for perjury.

So reconsider with POTUS witness tampering what is acceptable or not. Now consider how Dems voted.
consider crawling up everyone's behind an invasion. Again, personal matters are not someone's business, even the president's or Congress. It was such institutions that approved slavery, when the Constitution actually didn't. So you just keep telling yourself it's okay any excuse is better than none.

Two wrongs still won't make a right

Shad

Veteran Member
consider crawling up everyone's behind an invasion. Again, personal matters are not someone's business, even the president's or Congress.

It was multiple legal issues including lying to a grand jury. Try to keep up son.

It was such institutions that approved slavery, when the Constitution actually didn't. So you just keep telling yourself it's okay any excuse is better than none.

Babble that goes off-topic.

Two wrongs still won't make a right

Never said it did. My point is those sitting in judgement can hardly complain about bias when both parties ignore crimes all the time when it helps them. Almost every POTUS for the last 50 years could be found guilty of war crimes by even US law. Is Bush in jail yet? Nope. Obama? Nope.

Shad

Veteran Member
Trump could shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and not lose support.

Fiction in your head. You should not make such absolute claims that are absurd.

Because if the Republicans lost even a small fraction of the voters who will vote for Trump, no matter what, the next election would be a Republican bloodbath from which they'd never recover.

This happened in 2018 already. The dust is settled. Trump won.

If Trump were indicted for murder the GOP would be down the tubes. And Trump knows that. So he knows that the Republicans will support any malfeasance Trump finds personally advantageous. They have no choice.
Tom

Again an absurd fiction in your head consider the definition of murder and what is required for the charge.

Your TDS is acting up again.

Terry Sampson

Screenshot_2020-01-25.png

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
And if they convict what will be your response?
Depends on what a conviction means.

Should it be, Trump is removed and barred from running that's different from
Trump is clearly guilty, but we believe that Trump and Putin can game the rigged EC again so we won't do anything.

Maybe the Senate can explain why Trump withheld aid from Ukraine in the best interests of the USA and forbade government employees to testify before Congress in the best interests of the USA. But I don't really expect that to happen.
Tom

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Well, first of all, I don't see why you're assuming that acceptance should mean capitulation. I can accept that a snowstorm is happening without having to stay indoors and wait for better weather. I can still act according to my own interests.

And we all have plenty of reason not to trust in the system, regardless of how we feel about Trump. The system does not deserve our trust, right now, or our capitulation. So I find your assertions that we should shut up and capitulate somewhat insulting, and quite disingenuous.

What will your response be if they convict?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Depends on what a conviction means.

Should it be, Trump is removed and barred from running that's different from
Trump is clearly guilty, but we believe that Trump and Putin can game the rigged EC again so we won't do anything.

Maybe the Senate can explain why Trump withheld aid from Ukraine in the best interests of the USA and forbade government employees to testify before Congress in the best interests of the USA. But I don't really expect that to happen.
Tom

If they remove him and bar him from running again.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
If they convict, what will your response be?
It's not a hard question
Good riddance. Next. I didn't care for the arrogance when he was on The apprentice. And I don't watch the Kardashians either

Audie

Veteran Member
Trump could shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and not lose support.

Because if the Republicans lost even a small fraction of the voters who will vote for Trump, no matter what, the next election would be a Republican bloodbath from which they'd never recover.

If Trump were indicted for murder the GOP would be down the tubes. And Trump knows that. So he knows that the Republicans will support any malfeasance Trump finds personally advantageous. They have no choice.
Tom

Cynicism is the scabby side of naïveté.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
If they remove him and bar him from running again.
I don't know what my response to that would be. It's so implausible I've not thought about it.

It's like asking me what my response would be if Jesus came over to my house for dinner, uninvited and unannounced. I don't know what I'd do. Or if a virus swept the world making everyone sterile and there'd never be another human child born.

How would I know what my response to something as implausible as that would be?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Will our politicians Republican and democrat be able to accept the outcome or will they blather on and on about how wrong or unfair it was?
To not be able to would seem to show a distrust of our system and it's institutions which would seem to undermine our democracy and cause divisiveness.

As a right-wing populist American Nationalist, I'd only be able to accept the righteous vindication of President Donald J. Trump from any wrongdoing during his actually perfect call to Ukraine with whom Trump never said quid-pro-quo.

trump-call-no-quid-pro-quo-11291-620x412.jpg

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
As a right-wing populist American Nationalist, I'd only be able to accept the righteous vindication of President Donald J. Trump from any wrongdoing during his actually perfect call to Ukraine with whom Trump never said quid-pro-quo.
What if a couple of Republicans bailed and Trump were severely censured?

What would you do?
Start a war?
Tom

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It was multiple legal issues including lying to a grand jury. Try to keep up son.

Babble that goes off-topic.

Never said it did. My point is those sitting in judgement can hardly complain about bias when both parties ignore crimes all the time when it helps them. Almost every POTUS for the last 50 years could be found guilty of war crimes by even US law. Is Bush in jail yet? Nope. Obama? Nope.
so again continue to do wrong it still won't make it right. The man is a narcissist at the minimum he's possibly a psychopath.no one is 100% perfect but again, the past can't be corrected but the now can.