• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will You Be Able To Accept The Outcome of the Impeachment Trial No Matter Which Way it Goes?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
politicians Republican and democrat

You meant, of course, trump party and Democrat.

With one word change, this quote from Mark Twain applies today:

“I believe the Prince of Darkness could start a branch of hell in the District of Columbia (if he has not already done it), and carry it on unimpeached [unconvicted] by the Congress of the United States, even though the Constitution were bristling with articles forbidding hells in this country,” Mark Twain

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I'd like to see any Republican Senator taken down for his/her non-loyalist betrayal of our P.O.T.U.S.
That's the problem I see with modern Republicans.

Nothing about justice or American values. It's all about partisanship and power.
When Richard Lugar got primaried I stopped voting for Republicans.
Tom

Shad

Veteran Member
so again continue to do wrong it still won't make it right. The man is a narcissist at the minimum he's possibly a psychopath.no one is 100% perfect but again, the past can't be corrected but the now can.

Actually various politicians can still be charged for crimes at this time. Bush and Obama for example. They aren't. More so my point is about the system being corrupt thus those in power are unsuitable to judge the case as per selective application of legal and political standards by their own actions. This goes for both parties. Hence my examples of selection application and what is an acceptable crime for POTUS to commit.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Why don't you just come out and say that you want an autocracy?

It's been awhile since I've read how Trump could build an autocracy, but I'll reread this article once again.

atlantic-199x300.jpg

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
But partisan for who?
You really can't imagine a national leader can you?
You don't think America capable of bipartisan governance.

Well, I don't either any more. Because of people like you. You'd rather see the USA go to hell than your party lost power. And I expect you and Putin to keep your party in power, while the USA goes to hell.
Tom

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Sure, if saying "The city needs to pick up the garbage as scheduled" is also tribalistic.

In politics it is nothing new to intimate that a political rival or their supporters are somehow mentally or psychologically deficient. What we have seen over and over in the last three or so years is numerous intimations of that very thing in various media outlets and that does not go unnoticed. It wasn't that long ago when the Soviet Union was still around where political rivals and dissidents were diagnosed with sluggish schizophrenia.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Actually various politicians can still be charged for crimes at this time. Bush and Obama for example. They aren't. More so my point is about the system being corrupt thus those in power are unsuitable to judge the case as per selective application of legal and political standards by their own actions. This goes for both parties. Hence my examples of selection application and what is an acceptable crime for POTUS to commit.
I'm not overly worried. I know for every action there is an opposite but equal reaction. Sooner, or later, that bread upon the water is going to return in some form.

Love or hate. That's the choices

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Because of people like you. You'd rather see the USA go to hell than your party lost power. And I expect you and Putin to keep your party in power, while the USA goes to hell.
Tom

I am a registered Libertarian and have voted Libertarian the last few elections.