• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious typology quiz

dianaiad

Gee Whiz.

Sunday Stalwart, here....though some of those questions REALLY don't fit me. As in...do I believe in 'hell?" Define 'hell.'

Don't think one must believe in God to be moral, for instance.

In fact, I think that this quiz categorized me according to my answer to the question about how often I go to church and whether I'm an active participant, and I could have answered any old way to any of the other questions without making a difference in where they put me.

Weird quiz. I expected better of Pew Research, oddly enough.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Yup, it got me completely wrong. But it's not exactly news that PEW Research has no clue how to classify Pagans given they never bother to include us as a demographic category in their surveys. About half of the questions I wanted to answer "question not applicable" or "none of these answers."
Yes, it seems that they lump everything that is non-secular, non-Abrahamic into the neboulous category of "New Age." :rolleyes:

They classified me as "Spiritually Awake," but most of my answers don't match those given by others classified as Spiritually Awake, and the description they give for the classification doesn't fit, either.

I went back and changed ONE answer to the question: "Do you believe in spiritual energy located in mountains, crystals, or trees" from "yes" to "no," and that put me int the "Relaxed Religious" category, which is as follows:

Most Relaxed Religious Americans say they believe in the God of the Bible, {nope}
and four-in-ten pray daily. {nope}
But relatively few attend religious services or read scripture, {I read scriptures all the time, not necessarily the bible, though}
and almost all say it is not necessary to believe in God to be a moral person. {this is the only part that fits}

Last edited:

Jumi

Another religious
RSS1183J.jpg
reporting in.

First time I got anything other than solidly secular. I don't like the idea that they think this defines my political views in some way.

iam1me

I don't like the idea that they think this defines my political views in some way.

Yea - don't care for the fact that they associated your religiousness with your political leanings. I got "Relaxed Religious" despite putting "very religious" because I didn't hold conservative ideas like: one must be a Christian/believe in God to have morals and such.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yea - don't care for the fact that they associated your religiousness with your political leanings. I got "Relaxed Religious" despite putting "very religious" because I didn't hold conservative ideas like: one must be a Christian/believe in God to have morals and such.
sorry but that very in depth survey sees all and knows all. You are stuck with the results forever.