• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rape victim punished in UAE

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
as mentioned many times bfore
the UAE is a tourist destination
:facepalm:

The west shouldn't be giving their money to such primitive nations. And what I don't get is why they would do something like this to damage their image if they're making big bucks on tourism.

Marble

Rolling Marble
Although rape statistics are quite low by numbers here in the muslim world
Do you have some statistic to prove that?
And that 60% of the cases in the US aren't reported has nothing to do with the laws against rape.
When in the USA 60% of the rape cases are not reportet, I wonder how many remain unreported in countries where the victim knows she has to face the risk of getting punished for beeing raped.
Rape is a traumatic experience, it is hard enough to face it even in a supporting environment - when the environment is hostile I cannot imagine many women to report to the police.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Do you have some statistic to prove that?
I don't think it would be possible to have even remotely accurate statistics about rape in such
countries, given that victimhood is criminalized & that perpetrators may act with impunity.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
What kind of idiot looks up to such laws? Uhm you know thats actually not very political correct from you. Its after all a different culture. And in that culture its only rape if the rape victim can find four witnesses. Is that bad for the victim? Of course. Then again its a different culture. Isnt it nice not living there?

This is why people have to realise that such countries cant be viewed like so called western countries. Its a complete different world with different rules, which dont have to make sense to us.

You completely missed the point. What i'm saying is that 99% of people wouldn't look up rape laws because they don't expect to get raped!!!! Why waste your time with what you percieve as unecessary laws when there are laws you could break such as drinking alcohol etc..

Starsoul

Truth
I don't think it would be possible to have even remotely accurate statistics about rape in such
countries, given that victimhood is criminalized & that perpetrators may act with impunity.
And how can you be so sure? Is it hard for people to believe that some 'uncivilized' countries have lesser rape ratios?
The seldom cases as such in the OP, is one big example of Islamic laws NOT being implemented in the 'so-called -muslim' countires. All sick cases like this are good examples of the rich and powerful using their influence to victimize and use people for their own means. And such filthy rich elitist people, anywhere in the world have no religion, little sensibilities and laws made specifically to protect only themselves.

RitalinO.D.

And how can you be so sure? Is it hard for people to believe that some 'uncivilized' countries have lesser rape ratios?
The seldom cases as such in the OP, is one big example of Islamic laws NOT being implemented in the 'so-called -muslim' countires. All sick cases like this are good examples of the rich and powerful using their influence to victimize and use people for their own means. And such filthy rich elitist people, anywhere in the world have no religion, little sensibilities and laws made specifically to protect only themselves.

Has nothing to do with if the Gov't is Islamist or not. It's the fact that the Gov't allows Sharia law to exist within it's borders and doesn't proactively try to disrupt it.

Bismillah

Submit
Here is a rebuttal to these silly and snide remarks some Atheists like to indulge themselves in.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/islam-dir/113575-rape-adultery-islam.html#post2413708

By the way, literally it was an illegal act (even if you condone the whipping of 14 year olds) because Bangladesh is not ruled by Shariah and haduud are not enforced until the very final stages of Shariah political formation.

But of course there is a much more detailed explanation in the link.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Here is a rebuttal to these silly and snide remarks some Atheists like to indulge themselves in.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/islam-dir/113575-rape-adultery-islam.html#post2413708

By the way, literally it was an illegal act (even if you condone the whipping of 14 year olds) because Bangladesh is not ruled by Shariah and haduud are not enforced until the very final stages of Shariah political formation.

But of course there is a much more detailed explanation in the link.

Just atheists? You get upset about snide remarks and then make one of your own?

Trust me it is not just the godless who make such remarks.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Blaming the victim for the acts of barbarians tends to relieve the perpetrators of any responsibility.
As if rapists are blameless and simply victims to women's sexuality.
Your statement is akin to blaming a rape victim for "dressing provocatively", or "walking down the wrong street".

the perpetrators were indians, not arabs

and i believe they were also jailed.

Vendetta

"Oscar the grouch"
it's a wonder we atheists even care about such things...
:sarcastic

That's a tad bit supremist. The subject of women who have been subject to rape and sexual assault in countries dominated by a specific.religious class is still a human problem.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Blaming the victim for the acts of barbarians tends to relieve the perpetrators of any responsibility.
As if rapists are blameless and simply victims to women's sexuality.
Your statement is akin to blaming a rape victim for "dressing provocatively", or "walking down the wrong street".
the perpetrators were indians, not arabs

and i believe they were also jailed.

I don't believe I specified the ethnicity of the perpetrators.
The point was the irrationality of blaming the victim.