• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rape victim punished in UAE

Starsoul

Truth
Well certainly not in such countries. If it would happen in a western country where the laws are quite more civilised the rape victim would have more rights. And thats good!
Ok so If the western countries are so civlized , its a big wonder how mountainous their rape statistics are. What is the punishment really, and does that punishment even fulfill any sort of compensation for the rape victim?
Every 2mins, someone is sexually assaulted in US.
60% of the cases in US are not reported.

Statistics | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network

A ballistic rape statistic chart tends to quite disagree with the civilized 'state of mind' of the west. If its ever on the rise, and the western govts. continue their support for 'those muslim govts' who are clearly walking the same line following the west, it is no surprise that rape stats are going on the rise in muslim countries too. Although rape statistics are quite low by numbers here in the muslim world , since it is highly condemned by the society and religion, that is why when there is even a single unfortunate case, it catches fire.

And the reason this thing seems to have happened in UAE, is quite doubtful since Islamic laws ,by most are not implemented in the muslim countries, oh well because the west is so against the implementation of Islamic governing system, and supports ,and funds Only those govts/political parties who vow to implement the systems borrowed,certified (otherwise proven dysfunctional) from the west.: P

RitalinO.D.

And the reason this thing seems to have happened in UAE, is quite doubtful since Islamic laws ,by most are not implemented in the muslim countries

Too bad Sharia law is rampant in tribal areas across just about every Muslim country. Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Syria, just to name a few..

oh well because the west is so against the implementation of Islamic governing system

I'm sorry but this is a GOOD thing.

and supports ,and funds Only those govts/political parties who vow to implement the systems borrowed,certified (otherwise proven dysfunctional) from the west.: P

So Democracy is dysfunctional? This coming from someone who I can only guess supports Islamic Gov't? :facepalm:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
The fact of the matter is, rape,unfortunately, happens all over the world. No matter what culture or religious majority.
The tragedy here is that in addition to the rape, the victim was punished by authorities for the act of being raped.
The Wahhabi controlled Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Elimination of Sin (Saudi Vice Cops) has had a long history of human rights violations.That the west supports the Saudi government only adds insult to injury for this unfortunate woman.

Flankerl

it's all about you isn't it.
never mind the women who live there and have no choice but to live there

If you'd read my posts you'd know that i already wrote that i feel very sorry for the women who have to live there.

Ok so If the western countries are so civlized , its a big wonder how mountainous their rape statistics are. What is the punishment really, and does that punishment even fulfill any sort of compensation for the rape victim?

Statistics | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network

And still there are laws against rape in the USA. Or do victims have to find four witnesses so that their case actually gets to be considered?

And that 60% of the cases in the US aren't reported has nothing to do with the laws against rape. Its about the fear of the victims. Nevertheless there are laws against rape in the US.

Compensation for rape? There is no such thing as compensation for rape.

A ballistic rape statistic chart tends to quite disagree with the civilized 'state of mind' of the west.

Hm so we are less civilised because we actually keep track of the rape cases while in other countries the women are far too afraid to speak out or if they actually do they... die? :facepalm:

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I had to read this twice to work out what on earth was going on.

"In June 2008 Ms Gali had her drink spiked and was raped by up to four co-workers while working as a beauty salon manager at the international resort.
When she reported the assault to authorities she was jailed on an adultery charge and spent eight months in prison because it is illegal in the UAE to have sex outside marriage."

I'm disgusted and horrified by this article. How often does this sort of thing go on in that country?

Not just that country,Pakistan has had a rape problem for years,i guess when the victim gets prosecuted and the rapists go free because of Sharia law what else can you expect.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Right, because I'm sure muslim countries keep very accurate data on their rape statistics and reports, especially considering how the victims end up being imprisoned, tortured and/or executed by authorities.
At least the authorities In the U.S. arrest and punish the actual criminals, not the victims. So here they have an actual chance at justice.

Dezzie

I had to read this twice to work out what on earth was going on.

"In June 2008 Ms Gali had her drink spiked and was raped by up to four co-workers while working as a beauty salon manager at the international resort.
When she reported the assault to authorities she was jailed on an adultery charge and spent eight months in prison because it is illegal in the UAE to have sex outside marriage."

I'm disgusted and horrified by this article. How often does this sort of thing go on in that country?

Source:
Brisbane rape victim sues UAE luxury hotel - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Say whhaaaaaat??? This is horrifying!

waitasec

Veteran Member
If you'd read my posts you'd know that i already wrote that i feel very sorry for the women who have to live there.

with your logic
i would suppose you would consider a person to be stupid if they moved to japan for work and ended up dying from either the earthquake or tsunami.
is that right?

Flankerl

with your logic
i would suppose you would consider a person to be stupid if they moved to japan for work and ended up dying from either the earthquake or tsunami.
is that right?

Are you comparing natural disasters with rules, laws and local customs people invented?

RitalinO.D.

Are you comparing natural disasters with rules, laws and local customs people invented?

Both are inherent dangers that exist in the respective locations that you have to deal with if you chose to live in that location.

Reasonable analogy IMO.

Flankerl

Both are inherent dangers that exist in the respective locations that you have to deal with if you chose to live in that location.

Reasonable analogy IMO.

Except that the japanese tried to prevent the proportions of a tsunami.

Its not really an inherent danger.

RitalinO.D.

Except that the japanese tried to prevent the proportions of a tsunami.

Its not really an inherent danger.

As I'm sure there are some Muslims that try to prevent what happens to people under Sharia law. Doesn't mean it isn't going to happen. The Japanese have no more control over Tsunami's than people in the Midwest US have over Tornado's.