• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men - Would you take your wife's last name instead?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Personally my parents have been together for 20+ years. They're both each other's first husband/wife. And yet somehow I manage to have different opinions and desires than them, and a different outlook than people who have been raised by parents who also are each other's first spouse and haven't separated! Isn't that weird?
No thats not weird. Your children may grow up and want to be evangelicals. :run:

I'll ask this again: Where in this thread has anyone said that we should "abandon all traditions and burn all religious books and string up every white hetero male on the planet and worship the woman and make her all powerful"?
I believe I said it. :shout Where did I call the OP a feminazi?

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
No thats not weird. Your children may grow up and want to be evangelicals. :run:
You assume I want any. :D
I believe I said it. :shout Where did I call the OP a feminazi?
I don't believe I accused you of doing that. And if you did, please point it out to me, because I must have blacked out and had a psychotic typing episode or something.

To clarify: Nobody has said the whole abandon traditions, burn books, etc spiel but you, correct? So why are you going on and on about people saying this when... the only person saying it is you? How does that even begin to make sense?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
You assume I want any. :D
evangelicals or children? :sheep:
I don't believe I accused you of doing that. And if you did, please point it out to me, because I must have blacked out and had a psychotic typing episode or something.
Not unless you are the OP, you did not say this. Did I say you said this? :no:

To clarify: Nobody has said the whole abandon traditions, burn books, etc spiel but you, correct? So why are you going on and on about people saying this when... the only person saying it is you? How does that even begin to make sense?
Now you expect me to make sense when you disagree with everything I say. :p

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
evangelicals or children? :sheep:
Children.
Not unless you are the OP, you did not say this. Did I say you said this? :no:
Is it safe to assume you just put it directly after a question directed to a quote of mine for the heck of it, then? Good lord, Rick, I'm not psychic. It's only common sense to assume that if you quote me and ask a question related to that quote, the question following that is also aimed at me.
Now you expect me to make sense when you disagree with everything I say. :p
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsnot.

Are you going to answer my question?

mr.guy

crapsack
So why are you going on and on about people saying this when... the only person saying it is you?
vc55t.jpg

cardero

Citizen Mod
I just found out mrscardero’s surname was Mxyzptlk, so yeah I would take it….if I never expected to ever get any mail ever again!!!

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Let's just abandon all traditions and burn all religious books and string up every white hetero male on the planet and worship the woman and make her all powerful.

Is there any traditions not coming under attack?

I feel like a dinosaur breathing his last breath. Lord take me now! I don't want to live among the unbelievers any longer. The world has gone to hell in a hand basket.

Quibbling over a last name and disrespecting tradition is insulting to the traditional family. What is wrong with traditions?

Where did I say anyone said this other than myself? If I said that someone said this, I would have quoted them. I was making a suggestion and am really surprised I did not have any takers.... wait a minute....

cardero

Citizen Mod
doppelgänger;822782 said:
Weird. I think we used to get her TV Guide every week when I was a kid.
That's okay, when we were kids, the TV hadn't been invented in the Phillipines.:p

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Where did I say anyone said this other than myself? If I said that someone said this, I would have quoted them. I was making a suggestion and am really surprised I did not have any takers.... wait a minute....
Riiiight. I also have beachfront property in Nevada.

d.

_______
So, now I pose the question to the men of RF: Would you change your last name to your wife's if she asked you to? And if not, what are your reasons? Would you expect her to change her last name to yours? Why, or why not?

i would if i liked it, but i don't. :) me and my partner have decided to keep our own names if we ever get married, which we'll probably never do since none of us is too keen on the institution of marriage.

kltpzyxm!

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice

Well, then why did you say it, and what was it in reference to if it wasn't the OP?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Well, then why did you say it, and what was it in reference to if it wasn't the OP?
I have made every attemp to answer the question. Either you don't like the answer or you are assuming I was implying anyone said this but myself.

Last try, If you were wanting to eat out and wanted chicken and the other person wanted fish and I suggested hamburgers you could ask me who wanted hamburgers?

I could say, i dunno it was just a suggestion. Then I could say if I eat chicken one more time, I'm going to die. then someone suggested we get chicken.