• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men - Would you take your wife's last name instead?

Nanda

Polyanna
Because I am a man. . . make that A MAN!!! and taking someone else's name is a feminine thing. I am not into feminine things. . .

I don't think taking someone else's las name is inherently feminine, it's just traditional. Women aren't born with a burning desire to change their surname. :sarcastic

Perhaps that makes me a brute, or an ogre, or old fashioned, but on that subject, I will never bend.

B.

No skin off my nose, I don't have to marry you.

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
Humans live on thru their children.

Males don't experience this as much, tho with their name living on...

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Because I am a man. . . make that A MAN!!! and taking someone else's name is a feminine thing. I am not into feminine things. . . except the underwear on occasion, and as we have discussed, that is strictly a comfort thing. (that last part was a quote from Homer. . . Simpson, not of Illiad and Odysey fame.

I guess the simple and truthful answer is that I am a bit of a chauvanist, at least in a few matters. I live my life by the old codes, such as chivalry and the code of the west that one can find in Louis L'Amour and Zane Grey books, and the idea of me taking a woman's name when I marry her, or for that matter, her keeping her own, goes violently against my sentimentalities.

Perhaps that makes me a brute, or an ogre, or old fashioned, but on that subject, I will never bend.

B.

Words I would expect from someone with a Chuck Norris avatar. :p:D

madhatter85

Transhumanist
blah blah blah. Women shoudl take the men's name always.

:angel2:Because men invented everything. Including Happiness.:angel2:

Nanda

Polyanna
Just a little follow-up note: My younger sister is getting married next week, and I just found out that her fiancee is going to take our last name! :D

Well, it's official. They're married, and he's going through with the name change. He's having a bit of difficulty, as there was no place on the application for the marriage liscence for men who wish to change their names, but the notary who married them is trying to help him out. Are there any men who have been through this who can offer suggestions?

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
:angel2:Because men invented everything. Including Happiness.:angel2:

:biglaugh: When it's time for us to have our baby, I'm going to let my husband create the baby inside of him and then create the breast milk or in this case...chest milk? So THAT's why men have nipples...I knew it! :D

Actually I got married four months ago and I still haven't changed my name yet. I will most likely hyphenate it. I will love to hyphenate it but my name will be very long....ah well, my cousin said it will sound nice. My husband never even brought it up. I asked him yesterday when we'll go to see about it and he said whenever I'm ready. We have so many other things to think about...

madhatter85

Transhumanist
:biglaugh: When it's time for us to have our baby, I'm going to let my husband create the baby inside of him and then create the breast milk or in this case...chest milk? So THAT's why men have nipples...I knew it! :D

Actually I got married four months ago and I still haven't changed my name yet. I will most likely hyphenate it. I will love to hyphenate it but my name will be very long....ah well, my cousin said it will sound nice. My husband never even brought it up. I asked him yesterday when we'll go to see about it and he said whenever I'm ready. We have so many other things to think about...
That's a very creepy thought.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
cause-hyphens-are-creepy-and-look-wierd-when-you-write-it-out-or-even-say-it.

no i mean the part about her making her husband do all that stuff.

:angel2:Men should never take the Woman's name, it's unnatural and i will make fun of every man that takes his wife's name instead. because he would no longer be as manly as a lumberjack or a pirate. and we all know that there isn't a Lumberjack or Pirate alive that would take his wife's name. Because Lumberjacks and Pirates are the Epitome of Manlieness.There should be a cereal named Lumberjacks, and it's made fo Beef Jerky, and the only acceptable liquid to pour over it in a bowl should be Tabasco sauce. And it would have a Lumberjack punching Santa in the Face for the Box Artwork. And when you opened the box, you would hear a Pirate yelling ARRRRRRRR :angel2:

....:foot:..

Nanda

Polyanna
cause-hyphens-are-creepy-and-look-wierd-when-you-write-it-out-or-even-say-it.

no i mean the part about her making her husband do all that stuff.

:angel2:Men should never take the Woman's name, it's unnatural and i will make fun of every man that takes his wife's name instead. because he would no longer be as manly as a lumberjack or a pirate. and we all know that there isn't a Lumberjack or Pirate alive that would take his wife's name. Because Lumberjacks and Pirates are the Epitome of Manlieness.There should be a cereal named Lumberjacks, and it's made fo Beef Jerky, and the only acceptable liquid to pour over it in a bowl should be Tabasco sauce. And it would have a Lumberjack punching Santa in the Face for the Box Artwork. And when you opened the box, you would hear a Pirate yelling ARRRRRRRR :angel2:

....:foot:..

I'm sorry, you lost me at Lumberjack...

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Hush, Jerky-breath! :D