• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God gave us mind to know Him,or deny Him?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Hello all

This idea comes to my mind,as Muslim believer,I find it strange how some people try to deny Creator/God because they thought the human science is reach max level,it's could give explaination to eveything,and give solution to every engima/problem...etc

Is not just ingratitude against God,to use that favor against Him !!?

For many of us it has nothing to do with science. In my case it has nothing to do with god-beliefs regardless the religion.

It has to do with logic.

How can you deny (and reject) a god that does not exist
In general I find that people actually are denying the archaic rules of the religions and are actually affirming the truths of God. When atheists challenge God they do not challenge God they challenge specific rules of Religions. For God to exist god would have to support the whole of the universe not just one people.

How about those atheists who support the rules and love religion but know either dont mean anything to the inherit if they dont believe in what the rules stood for?

Why would one follow a religion that doesnt exist only in the hearts of believers?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
How about those atheists who support the rules and love religion but know either dont mean anything to the inherit if they dont believe in what the rules stood for?

Why would one follow a religion that doesnt exist only in the hearts of believers?

What I was trying to say that a God can not be only for a specific religion. If the God doesn't support the whole of earth as well as of the universe(which means any aliens we find) then is not a God. A being that picks only certain individuals because of rituals and laws is not a God. A god of creation would care about all of creation.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
It kind of seems as though you are starting from the belief that everyone believes in All-h. Then some of those people actively choose not to believe in Him for their own selfish reasons and this is makes them ungracious.

I don't see any basis for this.
Not sure if you read my OP, or just try to get some likes ?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hello all

This idea comes to my mind,as Muslim believer,I find it strange how some people try to deny Creator/God because they thought the human science is reach max level,it's could give explaination to eveything,and give solution to every engima/problem...etc

This is not why some people deny God. People deny God because there is no empirical evidence for Him.

To be ungrateful you'd first have to believe in Him.
You can't be ungrateful to someone who does not exist, so, till a person is convinced God exists, the question of gratitude is moot.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Its childish to claim that atheists really believe in All-h in their hearts and are not believing in him because they are ungracious.
I never meant that, its just crazy that you understood it that way.
Or pretending?
Can you plz stop put words into my mouth ?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I just find it's unfair that something "man" don't creat himself and give him self all ability he has , and enjoy in world he did not design... he reject His Creator.
But this presupposes that this God actually exists.
He is invisible and undetectable. He can't be weighed or measured. There is no actual evidence for Him.

A reasonable person would withhold belief in something till there was actual evidence it existed.
The existence of something undetectable is an extraordinary claim. The burden of proof is on the claimant.

Lastly, why does this matter? As Luis pointed out, this God doesn't care weather people believe in Him or not. If He were omnipotent, as the stories claim, He could easily make His existence clear to everyone, should He wish to do so.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Hello all

Well, this would be a delightfully easy experiment to run! All we need to do is take some number of newborns (how about 1000 just to make it easy). Then we can bring up 250 of them learning Christianity (we'll do the Catholic version), Islam (how about Sunni?), Buddhism and Atheism. Then we'll see whether it was God, or their teachers, who put anything into their minds.

But whoah! We've been running that experiment for millennia -- and guess what -- Muslims tend to come from families that taught them Islam, Catholics from families that taught them Catholicism, Buddhists from families that taught them Buddhism, and atheist from families that ignored god altogether! How strange. The actual experiment shows definitively !!!! God ain't doin' nothin'! We are.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
But this presupposes that this God actually exists.
He is invisible and undetectable. He can't be weighed or measured. There is no actual evidence for Him.

A reasonable person would withhold belief in something till there was actual evidence it existed.
The existence of something undetectable is an extraordinary claim. The burden of proof is on the claimant.

Lastly, why does this matter? As Luis pointed out, this God doesn't care weather people believe in Him or not. If He were omnipotent, as the stories claim, He could easily make His existence clear to everyone, should He wish to do so.
Maybe because He is greatest than everything you imagine? So physically we could not see Him.

So His works into you and around you,so deny His works equal to deny Him.

He just gave us gift "mind" to know Him not to deny His existence.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Well, this would be a delightfully easy experiment to run! All we need to do is take some number of newborns (how about 1000 just to make it easy). Then we can bring up 250 of them learning Christianity (we'll do the Catholic version), Islam (how about Sunni?), Buddhism and Atheism. Then we'll see whether it was God, or their teachers, who put anything into their minds.

But whoah! We've been running that experiment for millennia -- and guess what -- Muslims tend to come from families that taught them Islam, Catholics from families that taught them Catholicism, Buddhists from families that taught them Buddhism, and atheist from families that ignored god altogether! How strange. The actual experiment shows definitively !!!! God ain't doin' nothin'! We are.
Yeah ,you absolutely right! about families influence.
I know about golden rule tell me where you live I will tell what's your religion , by good percentage correct.

I do believe God is full Justice, He will judge us according to our intentions and deeds.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Yeah ,you absolutely right! about families influence.
I know about golden rule tell me where you live I will tell what's your religion , by good percentage correct.

I do believe God is full Justice, He will judge us according to our intentions and deeds.
Then whether there's a god or not, I have nothing to fear. My intentions are good, my will towards other humans always positive, and I try to do good and avoid doing wrong.

And that's good enough for me. If it's not good enough for god -- well that's his problem, not mine.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Maybe because He is greatest than everything you imagine? So physically we could not see Him.
The reason we can't see Him doesn't matter. It's the fact that we can't see Him that makes His existence dubious.
You ascribe these effects to God (magic). I ascribe them to natural mechanisms. The mechanisms can be seen and tested. The magic can not, it remains speculation.
Which is the stronger claim? Which the most reasonable?

How do you know this? You have no evidence for this claim.
You believe it because you were raised with it, and because those around you constantly acknowledge it to be true.

Last edited:

Milton Platt

Hello all

Science per se has nothing to do with it. Nobody claims that science has all the answers for everything. But religion only makes up answers. It is not necessarily a matter of denying a god may exist (not necessarily yours). It is a matter of rejecting someone's claim that one does because there is insufficient evidence to support the claim.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

That simply does not work.

If God chose to make atheists out of so many of us, why on Earth would you presume that he is mistaken and we should know better?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I believe we cannot and should not judge others. We should focus on perfecting ourselves. Who's to say an atheist may not prove to be more pure and holy in God's eyes than a devout Muslim? There are no guarantees.