• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God gave us mind to know Him,or deny Him?

Kirran

Premium Member
Godobeyer, I know this is unlikely, but have you been drinking during your responses to this thread?

Tumah

Veteran Member
By claiming that I said atheists really believe in Allah.

Where in my OP post I claimed that ?
When you called it "ingratitude". In order for their to be a feeling of gratitude, it needs to be directed at something/someone that did something for you. And if you don't feel gratitude towards that person/thing, then that is ingratitude. But if no one did anything for you and you don't feel gratitude, then that is not ingratitude, that is nothing. So when you say that atheists are being ungracious, you are setting them up for a belief in G-d that they don't have.

Here is an example:
If your father gives your brother 1,000 د.ج to give to you, then you feel gratitude towards your father. Because he gave you something.
If the wind drops 1,000 د.ج then you don't feel gratitude towards your father. Not because you are ungracious. But because your father didn't do anything.

You believe that you have a "father" (All-h) who is giving you everything. So you always feel gratitude towards All-h.
Atheists believe the "wind" (chance) gives them everything. So they don't feel gratitude towards All-h. Not because they are not gracious, but because they don't see anyone to be gracious to, for what they have.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
When you called it "ingratitude". In order for their to be a feeling of gratitude, it needs to be directed at something/someone that did something for you. And if you don't feel gratitude towards that person/thing, then that is ingratitude. But if no one did anything for you and you don't feel gratitude, then that is not ingratitude, that is nothing. So when you say that atheists are being ungracious, you are setting them up for a belief in G-d that they don't have.

Here is an example:
If your father gives your brother 1,000 د.ج to give to you, then you feel gratitude towards your father. Because he gave you something.
If the wind drops 1,000 د.ج then you don't feel gratitude towards your father. Not because you are ungracious. But because your father didn't do anything.

You believe that you have a "father" (All-h) who is giving you everything. So you always feel gratitude towards All-h.
Atheists believe the "wind" (chance) gives them everything. So they don't feel gratitude towards All-h. Not because they are not gracious, but because they don't see anyone to be gracious to, for what they have.
To me, and to Him , not necessary extend to atheists too.

get it ?

Tumah

Veteran Member
To me, and to Him , not necessary extend to atheists too.

get it ?
No I don't get it at all.
You started off talking about how to your mind, it is strange how atheists disbelieve in G-d... and you end off asking if that is not ungracious of them.

If that is not what you intended to ask, then I think it wasn't worded well.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
@Tumah so you need to comment about thread title instead.

it's just figurative exemple,from "believer"

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
No I don't get it at all.
You started off talking about how to your mind, it is strange how atheists disbelieve in G-d... and you end off asking if that is not ungracious of them.

If that is not what you intended to ask, then I think it wasn't worded well.
Now you are taking the straight way , and start understand me!

Yes,that's my curious question how atheists disbelieve in God,despite He gave them ability to know Him " mind".

I never said or mean "atheists really believe in All-h in their hearts " as you thought.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Now you are taking the straight way , and start understand me!

Yes,that's my curious question how atheists disbelieve in God,despite He gave them ability to know Him " mind".

I never said or mean "atheists really believe in All-h in their hearts " as you thought.
But you are doing it again here. They don't believe He gave them the ability to know him. Its just the "wind".

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
But you are doing it again here. They don't believe He gave them the ability to know him. Its just the "wind".

"Give the ability to know ", that's just personal curious point, not exactly as your accusation that I said:" atheists really believe in All-h in their hearts "

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
That simply does not work.

If God chose to make atheists out of so many of us, why on Earth would you presume that he is mistaken and we should know better?
So you believe If there is Creator, He suppose to be in our shape and seize ?

It's all about someone used his mind to know God and reach a conclusion that he is created, someone else used his mind failed to reach that conclusion.

So, one win, second lose.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
So you believe If there is Creator, He suppose to be in our shape and seize ?

Of course not. I am an atheist.

Were there a Creator God, though, I can't think of any valid reason why believers would oppose disbelief when he does not.

It's all about someone used his mind to know God and reach a conclusion that he is created, someone else used his mind failed to reach that conclusion.

So, one win, second lose.

I don't understand what you mean. And frankly, since it is clear that it is about a supposed creator God, it just can't be important anyway.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Of course not. I am an atheist.

Were there a Creator God, though, I can't think of any valid reason why believers would oppose disbelief when he does not.
As most of atheists , believe in "millions of years...etc" theories instead of God.

I don't understand what you mean. And frankly, since it is clear that it is about a supposed creator God, it just can't be important anyway.
As believer, I believe God gave you/us (not you gave your self) a mind and body, everyone used them the way he want.

Kirran

Premium Member
Again, I believe in God. I believe millions of years have passed. God isn't so small as you make Him out to be.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Again, I believe in God. I believe millions of years have passed. God isn't so small as you make Him out to be.

Is this message to me or @LuisDantas ?
it's would be clear hypocrisy IF you say that you talking to me.because I believe in God and millions of years have passed.

Kirran

Premium Member
Is this message to me or @LuisDantas ?
it's would be clear hypocrisy IF you say that you talking to me.because I believe in God and millions of years have passed.

I was making it as a general point really, but partly because you do seem to strongly feel that it's creationism/theism vs. evolutionism/atheism. Whereas I'm a theist, an evolutionist and a creationist all at once.

Also, no, it wouldn't have been hypocrisy, that's not what hypocrisy means. It would have been a misunderstanding.

Hypocrisy is to talk about believing in one ideal or morality (not just some fact) and then somewhere else to act against that. So if I went on TV and told everyone that drinking alcohol was bad and society did better without, and then I went backstage and had a beer, that would be hypocritical.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I was making it as a general point really, but partly because you do seem to strongly feel that it's creationism/theism vs. evolutionism/atheism. Whereas I'm a theist, an evolutionist and a creationist all at once.
I will not begging to people to be sincer.
they suppose behave .

Also, no, it wouldn't have been hypocrisy, that's not what hypocrisy means. It would have been a misunderstanding.

Hypocrisy is to talk about believing in one ideal or morality (not just some fact) and then somewhere else to act against that. So if I went on TV and told everyone that drinking alcohol was bad and society did better without, and then I went backstage and had a beer, that would be hypocritical.
Whatever :p