• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God gave us mind to know Him,or deny Him?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Hello all

This idea comes to my mind,as Muslim believer,I find it strange how some people try to deny Creator/God because they thought the human science is reach max level,it's could give explaination to eveything,and give solution to every engima/problem...etc

Is not just ingratitude against God,to use that favor against Him !!?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
In general I find that people actually are denying the archaic rules of the religions and are actually affirming the truths of God. When atheists challenge God they do not challenge God they challenge specific rules of Religions. For God to exist god would have to support the whole of the universe not just one people.

Kirran

Premium Member
Yeah, there's a difference between opening up to a fuller view of reality and really relating to and experiencing God on the one hand, and agreeing to follow some book and some law and some rules on the other hand. The mind isn't good enough to know God anyway, really, you've got to go beyond the mind to find God.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Hello all

This idea comes to my mind,as Muslim believer,I find it strange how some people try to deny Creator/God because they thought the human science is reach max level,it's could give explaination to eveything,and give solution to every engima/problem...etc
I don't think that is a very frequent or very decisive reason, in my personal experience.

For that matter, I don't think any reason is needed at all. Belief in a Creator God is a vocation that should not be pressured into anyone. Many people simply don't want, need or are even truly capable of having such a belief, and end up lying about the matter simply because their families and friends won't accept the truth.

Belief is of very little significance for true religious practice. It is not even really helpful.

One would have to be a believer in a Creator God to begin with for that to make any sense, would he not?

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks...

Our Father gave us Mind to KNOW Him fully and completely - it is our purpose to do this and to reveal Him fully...

"He who will drink from my mouth will become like me. I myself shall become he, and the things that are hidden will be revealed to him."

From Thomas - seek the Divine always - BECOME the Divine for the Self - all of Creation is revealed...

Our Father - does NOT want or need your "gratitude" - neither does it want or need our "worship" or any of them other man made bogus idea we attribute to it.. We ARE the Father spirit - all it desires is for us individually to REALISE it - as in - LITERALLY - MAKE IT REAL - to come to know it FULLY and COMPLETELY so that IT becomes OUR LIVING TRUTH without any possible seperation or forgetting of Self...

You ARE the Father and you caused your OWN existance here - so Christ said in Divine truth - so now..?...WHO do you bow to now..??...WHO do you give thanks to now..??.. He told them all - forget all that bowing down nonesense - all those grovelling prayers and supplications - forget all the "worshipful" flattery as we "beg" for our desires to be met...REPLACED ALL THAT - with just a SINGLE Prayer - said use this prayer and only this prayer to commune DIRECTLY - and when you actuall ydo that He said the WILL OF "GOD" and ALL MYSTERY will be revealed DIRECTLY TO YOU ;)

So for sure then - the Mind is a tool to come to KNOW our Father and to reveal Him / It fully thereby serving our created purpose - but you cannot come to know the Divine truth at all if we give that power of Self away cheaply to an Other - such as a guru teacher priest or religion..... The Father granted us Sentient mind so that we may have FREE WILL and thereby OUR OWN endeavours we come to Him Who gave us life....By OUR own EXPERIENCE of living truth - we reveal the Father within - Gnosis - therefore as Christ said - shun these external influences - first KNOW THY SELF - and thus BECOME ONE with the eternal truth of All..

As always it is MIND itself that causes Creation - Our Father IS Mind - fully omniscient omnipresent eternal Self created Being - come to know this eternal truth He said THROUGH your OWN Mind - always about SELF AWARENESS as we are always a Self Created being - for those with ears to hear...

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Strikes me more as hubris rather than ingratitude. But pathological arrogance seems an ingrained characteristic of the human species... :shrug:

Kirran

Premium Member
Belief is of very little significance for true religious practice. It is not even really helpful.

I know you express these sentiments a lot, and I understand how they're true from the perspective of religion as a social structure and a form of community organisation, etc. But in terms of genuine spiritual/religious experience, I've never found it to be true myself, or at least not in the sense I think you mean of pretending X is true while you do an associated activity, when you don't believe it to be so.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
In general I find that people actually are denying the archaic rules of the religions and are actually affirming the truths of God. When atheists challenge God they do not challenge God they challenge specific rules of Religions. For God to exist god would have to support the whole of the universe not just one people.
You can't challenge someone creat you.
It's not about challenge.it's about rejection religions, or try to be free about rules or duties maybe ?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I know you express these sentiments a lot, and I understand how they're true from the perspective of religion as a social structure and a form of community organisation, etc. But in terms of genuine spiritual/religious experience, I've never found it to be true myself, or at least not in the sense I think you mean of pretending X is true while you do an associated activity, when you don't believe it to be so.
To be fair, you are probably correct.

I find people talking about disbelief as if it were some sort of defect so often that it is difficult to be clear on the matter without disregarding belief outright.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
You can't challenge someone creat you.
It's not about challenge.it's about rejection religions, or try to be free about rules or duties maybe ?
More about expecting those who presume to have some authority to make some sense and to be true to themselves, actually.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I don't think that is a very frequent or very decisive reason, in my personal experience.

For that matter, I don't think any reason is needed at all. Belief in a Creator God is a vocation that should not be pressured into anyone. Many people simply don't want, need or are even truly capable of having such a belief, and end up lying about the matter simply because their families and friends won't accept the truth.

One would have to be a believer in a Creator God to begin with for that to make any sense, would he no
I just find it's unfair that something "man" don't creat himself and give him self all ability he has , and enjoy in world he did not design... he reject His Creator.

You remaind me about movie called I.Robot ,of Will Smith,when robots got rebellions against humans.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I just find it's unfair that something "man" don't creat himself and give him self all ability he has , and enjoy in world he did not design... he reject His Creator.

That presumed entity saw no need to make me aware of His existence, so why should I - or anyone else - presume that it is somehow important that I believe in that existence?

As a consequence, it must be true that there is no need whatsoever for me to "accept my Creator". That is true and must be true even if he exists in the first place.

You remaind me about movie called I.Robot ,of Will Smith,when robots got rebellions against humans.

We unbelievers are not the robots.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
Hello all

Which Creator/God are you referring to? There's a lot a lot of them to choose from.

Mine has floppy ears like a kangaroo, and pulled the universe from a magic hat called The Magnificent Huckboiter.

What's your like?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Hello all

Against Him? Do you really think He is disappointed, or fearing somehow, if we do not believe in Him, if He existed?

If that is the case, then probably He is now thinking:

darn, I should not have done them so smart. That was a mistake. I did not see it coming,despite my omniscience. And I paid so much for that omniscience, I hope I get my money back, since it obviously does not work.

I was so happy when people were adoring me without thinking too much about it. All those nice smelling barbecued goats offers. Now, all gone because of that science. This is suboptimal.

Help. I am vanishing. They think, ergo, I am not, anymore :)

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Why not? I've challenged my parents over various matters when I became an adult. Is that wrong or right?

It's neither. It depends on the context and what we were in conflict of.
parents are not God.
parents are just pass life and reproduce.
God give you life and will make die.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Which Creator/God are you referring to? There's a lot a lot of them to choose from.

Mine has floppy ears like a kangaroo, and pulled the universe from a magic hat called The Magnificent Huckboiter.

What's your like?
You will know Him.
Who will make you die,and rebirth again :)

Kirran

Premium Member
To be fair, you are probably correct.

I find people talking about disbelief as if it were some sort of defect so often that it is difficult to be clear on the matter without disregarding belief outright.

Interesting, I think I see what you mean. You word it so strongly in an effort to express to people that disbelief really is alright?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Interesting, I think I see what you mean. You word it so strongly in an effort to express to people that disbelief really is alright?
Pretty much.

I have had plenty enough of the assumption that it would be "better for me" if I somehow made a theist out of me.

That is not a respectful stance for one to have and I hope to encourage people to learn and accept that.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Hello all

It kind of seems as though you are starting from the belief that everyone believes in All-h. Then some of those people actively choose not to believe in Him for their own selfish reasons and this is makes them ungracious.

I don't see any basis for this.