• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God gave us mind to know Him,or deny Him?

Kirran

Premium Member
Good.

Do you think creationism oppose to evolution ?

In the true sense of the word, no. In the sense it is usually used, as referring to all lifeforms in particular having been created as they are now by some external entity, yes definitely.

Kirran

Premium Member
More specific then - if you don't think that humans share a common ancestor with chimps, and further back with monkeys, and further back with rabbits, and fish, and carrots, and that these differences have come about as a result of selective pressures applied over long time periods, then you go against science.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
More specific then - if you don't think that humans share a common ancestor with chimps, and further back with monkeys, and further back with rabbits, and fish, and carrots, and that these differences have come about as a result of selective pressures applied over long time periods, then you go against science.
I will not take it as share common ancestor.

I had other understanding.

Kirran

Premium Member
I will not take it as share common ancestor.

I had other understanding.

Well then that isn't what is understood within biological science. If you reject science in favour of other ideas, then OK that's your choice, but there's no reason not to be open about it.

gnostic

The Lost One
Hello all

This idea comes to my mind,as Muslim believer,I find it strange how some people try to deny Creator/God because they thought the human science is reach max level,it's could give explaination to eveything,and give solution to every engima/problem...etc

Is not just ingratitude against God,to use that favor against Him !!?
That's very highly intolerant of you.

gnostic

The Lost One
parents are not God.
parents are just pass life and reproduce.
God give you life and will make die.
So basically, you are using ignorance, fear and intimidation to make nonbelievers into believers.

And I thought Muslims have passed this superstitious phase...well, it is apparent that I am wrong about Muslims being forward-thinkers.

muhammad_isa

Well then that isn't what is understood within biological science. .
I'm not sure if that's true..
The fact that we have all evolved from ancient primates does NOT mean that we are not different to other creatures. How Almighty God created us does not change the fact that we have been given more responsibility than other creatures.
Sadly, we do more harm to the planet than other creatures, overall. Greed is the main problem

Godobeyer

Premium Member
So basically, you are using ignorance, fear and intimidation to make nonbelievers into believers.

And I thought Muslims have passed this superstitious phase...well, it is apparent that I am wrong about Muslims being forward-thinkers.
Where is problem in what I said, according to my belief?

If this first time I make admit,that you are wrong about something ?:p

Godobeyer

Premium Member
That's very highly intolerant of you.
Since you are not believer!
How ?

If I said disbeliever will enter to hell,how is that suppose hurt your feeling?
You don't believe either in hell, no?

gnostic

The Lost One
How ?

It is not question of my belief or disbelief of God, or my knowing or not knowing God.

The real issue is your arrogant attitude to people who don't believe. You are telling us that we should only become a mindless drones and worship god without questioning and without doubts. That we should worship him even if we have doubts.

Second, you hit at people who use science to understand nature, how it work and what we can do with that knowledge.

Instead, you make the mistake of associating science with atheism.

Science is neither atheism, nor theism.

Science is simply a methodology in acquiring knowledge through the process of testing and gathering evidences. Science is not about taking sides between theism and atheism, because they are both not science.

Science don't deal with personal belief or disbelief in any god.

You are not forward-thinker like your ancestors, who brought science to a new height during the golden age of Islam (9th and 12th centuries).

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
How ?

I haven't read the whole thread so I apologize if I'm missing the question but...
If someone said that you deserve to be tortured, in pain infinitely and indefinitely, that would be intolerant even if you don't believe the place exists. The intent is clearly 'it would be justice for you to be in neverending pain,' and that's a horrible thing to say to someone, and a horrible belief to have.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Not true, there is much theists"creationists" scientists teaching biological knowledge.

Creationism don't oppose biological science.
The word simply isn't often used in that sense. If it were, there would be no "controversy" to speak of.

gnostic

The Lost One
I'm not sure if that's true..
The fact that we have all evolved from ancient primates does NOT mean that we are not different to other creatures. How Almighty God created us does not change the fact that we have been given more responsibility than other creatures.
Sadly, we do more harm to the planet than other creatures, overall. Greed is the main problem
It is not just greed, muhammad_isa, although I am not denying that can be factor...but it is one of many.

Also factors are ignorance combined with sheer arrogance.

We think we know better, when we don't. And when we are wrong, rarely do we learn from our mistakes.

There is no denying that humans are imperfect.

But I don't think relying on superstitions (like this Almighty God) will help matters.

In fact, we committed more atrocities in the name of religion, name of a prophet or messiah or in the name of god.

But whether it be greed, ignorance or arrogance, none of these relate to evolution.

A gene can pass from parents to offspring, but a gene is not conscious, cannot think, don't know anything about greed or arrogance. It either pass on genes to future generations that are better suited for the environment, or risk dying out.

A human cannot choose to be cat, anymore than a rock can choose to be a dog.

The thing about Natural Selection is that it is similar to selected breeding horses to do specific jobs.

If you want horses to pull heavy cart or wagons, you would look to breed horse for their strength and constitution, and not for speed. If you want a horse built for speed, then you will pair an Arabian stallion with English mare (hence the Thoroughbred). If you want horse to travel over great distance of the steppes, then will need to breed horses (or ponies) that are sturdy with great stamina.

On Galápagos Islands, there two islands that are very close to each other, and yet on each island, is a different species of tortoises.

Because one island have more fertile land and less rock terrain, in which a small tortoises can travel and easily reach their food, they physically have short necks and legs, with domed shell.

But on the other island, the terrain are rocky, and the edible leaves are higher off he ground, which make food scarcer. The climate is also different from the other island. Physically, the tortoises not only have to be larger in size, they need to have longer necks and legs, so they can reach their food. And the shells are formed differently, known as the "saddleback shell". This shell allows it to stretch its legs, and crank it's neck vertically. Because of their much larger physique, they are referred to with non-scientific name as "giant tortoise".

The giant tortoises survive on this island, because they were able to adapt, by only breeding among themselves that have these traits. All the small tortoises had long died out on this island, because they couldn't survive in this harsher environment.

The thing is, what the environment (climate, terrain, availability of food and water) is like, will dictate what wildlife will survive in that particular territory, without the need for divine or human intervention.

Charles Darwin has been to Galápagos, and reported every creatures he has managed to observe. And since his death, biologists have been visiting these islands, witnessing precisely what Darwin have recorded.