• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God gave us mind to know Him,or deny Him?

Shad

Veteran Member
Hello all

This idea comes to my mind,as Muslim believer,I find it strange how some people try to deny Creator/God because they thought the human science is reach max level,it's could give explaination to eveything,and give solution to every engima/problem...etc

Yes it provided an explanation to what caused lightning, until we figure it out. Same for disease, mental illness, etc. All were God did it, or Satan, until we tossed these answers aside to actually study a subject. Now we do not treat mental illness with exorcism as we developed a better understanding. God is always the answer when we can't, or wont, develop a better explanation

Is not just ingratitude against God,to use that favor against Him !!?

No it a rejection of conclusions made by ignorance people that didn't know better nor felt a need to develop a better explanation. You are equating claims of men with God.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
OK, then maybe I didn't understand. What did you mean about not begging people to be sincere, but thinking they were supposed to behave?
When I reply.
As most of atheists , believe in "millions of years...etc" theories instead of God.
You said this

Again, I believe in God. I believe millions of years have passed. God isn't so small as you make Him out to be.
So I ask you,if this question is not suppose to be adresse to me because I believe in God,and millions of years.

Is this message to me or @LuisDantas ?
it's would be clear hypocrisy IF you say that you talking to me.because I believe in God and millions of years have passed.

You said that it's adress to you because :

I was making it as a general point really, but partly because you do seem to strongly feel that it's creationism/theism vs. evolutionism/atheism. Whereas I'm a theist, an evolutionist and a creationist all at once.

l.
Yes , it's known atheism and theism oppose to each other. and also evolutionism and creationism at point of origin of life.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
As most of atheists , believe in "millions of years...etc" theories instead of God.

Uh? No, that is not even close to the truth. Such a choice does not present itself to me.

I don't "believe" in evolution nor in cosmology as such, and certainly not as an "alternative" to belief in God.

God is not an explanation for anything. He would not be an explanation even if we knew nothing at all about the origin of life, of Earth or of existence itself.

Conversely, were I inclined to believe in a Creator God, that would be no reason to neglect the available knowledge of cosmology and biology, either.

As believer, I believe God gave you/us (not you gave your self) a mind and body, everyone used them the way he want.
Your privilege. But as I said, that does not explain why God apparently doesn't mind disbelievers while many believers seem to be so troubled by our existence.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Yes , it's known atheism and theism oppose to each other. and also evolutionism and creationism at point of origin of life.

Evolutionism only opposes Creationism because Creationism is defined by the denial of biological knowledge.

There is no true reason why an evolutionist can't believe in a Creator God.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Evolutionism only opposes Creationism because Creationism is defined by the denial of biological knowledge.
I disagree on this definition. creationism never ever deny biological knowledge.

There is no true reason why an evolutionist can't believe in a Creator God.
I know.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I disagree on this definition. creationism never ever deny biological knowledge.
The Creationism I know is nothing but denial of biological knowledge, sprinkled liberally with unconnected appeals for belief in God.

Kirran

Premium Member
If creationism denies evolution, then it becomes denial of biological knowledge. Otherwise, not necessarily.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Hello all

This idea comes to my mind,as Muslim believer,I find it strange how some people try to deny Creator/God because they thought the human science is reach max level,it's could give explaination to eveything,and give solution to every engima/problem...etc

Is not just ingratitude against God,to use that favor against Him !!?
There is only one thing I know about Creator/God absolutely and beyond any doubt.
He doesn't care about what I believe about religion enough to give me a reason to believe in one. The truth is the opposite. He has given me a mind that tries to tell the difference between what is real and the fiction people commonly invent. Islam, like every other revealed religion, falls squarely into the second category of fiction.

If there were an Almighty God who wanted me to believe something else, I would. Heck, I believe in the existence of Algeria and I have never been there. I am perfectly willing to believe in things I don't personally have evidence about. But if someone told me something really implausible, like Algeria is on the moon, I am not denying the existence of Algeria. Just the implausible claim.

It's the same with Creator/God. The universe exists, so I believe that there is a reason for that. I call the reason God, for lack of a better word. But when humans start telling me stuff like "God doesn't want you to eat bacon" or "God can't do anything about little kids getting parasitical infections" or "God is grossed out by gay sex" I cannot believe that you know anything important about God. So I assume that you and your prophets made it up.

I don't mean to pick on Islam, it's better than most religions people have invented over the thousands of years. But it isn't any more believable to me than pagans worshiping a volcano or something.
Tom

Godobeyer

Premium Member
There is only one thing I know about Creator/God absolutely and beyond any doubt.
He doesn't care about what I believe about religion enough to give me a reason to believe in one.
How you know for sure He does not care about what you believe?

If there were an Almighty God who wanted me to believe something else, I would. Heck, I believe in the existence of Algeria and I have never been there. I am perfectly willing to believe in things I don't personally have evidence about. But if someone told me something really implausible, like Algeria is on the moon, I am not denying the existence of Algeria. Just the implausible claim.
I just made a thread about Algerian historic site, weclome to Algeria :)
It's the same with Creator/God. The universe exists, so I believe that there is a reason for that. I call the reason God, for lack of a better word. But when humans start telling me stuff like "God doesn't want you to eat bacon" or "God can't do anything about little kids getting parasitical infections" or "God is grossed out by gay sex" I cannot believe that you know anything important about God. So I assume that you and your prophets made it up.

I don't mean to pick on Islam, it's better than most religions people have invented over the thousands of years. But it isn't any more believable to me than pagans worshiping a volcano or something.
Tom
You passed the test you almost win :p

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
ow you know for sure He does not care about what you believe?
Because all He would need to do is tell me something and I would believe it.

Telling you to tell me what your imam tells you to believe about the Quran is completely different from God telling me something.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I just made a thread about Algerian historic site, weclome to Algeria :)
You care enough to tell me about Algeria. And there is nothing implausible about your evidence.
Why is there no God who takes that much interest in my religious beliefs? He doesn't have internet in Heaven yet?
Tom

Godobeyer

Premium Member

Telling you to tell me what your imam tells you to believe about the Quran is completely different from God telling me something.
Tom

Tom
Btw do you believe that you will be resurrection, and eternity life ...etc ?