• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God gave us mind to know Him,or deny Him?

gnostic

The Lost One
Yes I understand that.
Good.

I don't mind people being religious, follow a religion and believe what they will, about god, spirit(s) or about their prophets, or believe in their scriptures or traditions.

But when they venture into the areas of science, I just wish they would at least understand basics of what they wish to discuss or argue about, for or against.

And you seem more than reasonable... I just wishes others were so sensible.

As you can see, I am feeling frustrated and irritated with Godobeyer.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Good.

I don't mind people being religious, follow a religion and believe what they will, about god, spirit(s) or about their prophets, or believe in their scriptures or traditions.

But when they venture into the areas of science, I just wish they would at least understand basics of what they wish to discuss or argue about, for or against.

And you seem more than reasonable... I just wishes others were so sensible.

As you can see, I am feeling frustrated and irritated with Godobeyer.

Religion and science are described in the Baha'i Writings as two wings of a bird. With one wing only it cannot fly. They should both complement one another not oppose each other.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Hehehe. Me too. I often get up from a stint on RF, thinking, "My work here is done!"
This is how some people deal

"Hey you,you have to agree me with me or become my virtual enemy ":D

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
This is how some people deal

"Hey you,you have to agree me with me or become my virtual enemy ":D
Then again, there are morons like me who do not expect anyone to agree and are always a bit surprised when folks do agree. :)

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I'm saying we are not a species of ape. That we belong to only the human species.
This is enough evidence to prove to me that Bahai is fiction created by humans. Well intentioned, much more sophisticated than the ancient religions it is based on, but not true or from God.
Human beings created it for human purposes just like all revealed religious bodies.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Religion and science are described in the Baha'i Writings as two wings of a bird. With one wing only it cannot fly. They should both complement one another not oppose each other.
But then you say "Humans are not a species of ape".
I understand that your religion is based on the writings of a human you revere. But he didn't have access to the improvements to our knowledge base we've accumulated over the last century or so. So he is wrong.
That is something that believers in prophets don't handle very well. So religions tend to accumulate errors over time. Science tends to eliminate errors over time, because as new evidence is found errors are found and eliminated.
That's why I believe in science about almost everything important and not religion, especially the older ones.
Tom

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
This is enough evidence to prove to me that Bahai is fiction created by humans. Well intentioned, much more sophisticated than the ancient religions it is based on, but not true or from God.
Human beings created it for human purposes just like all revealed religious bodies.
Tom

Fine, but if you believe that is the case I challenge you to put together such a Faith. It should be easy from what you say.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
But then you say "Humans are not a species of ape".
I understand that your religion is based on the writings of a human you revere. But he didn't have access to the improvements to our knowledge base we've accumulated over the last century or so. So he is wrong.
That is something that believers in prophets don't handle very well. So religions tend to accumulate errors over time. Science tends to eliminate errors over time, because as new evidence is found errors are found and eliminated.
That's why I believe in science about almost everything important and not religion, especially the older ones.
Tom

Baha'u'llah was the Face of the Lord. He had knowledge of all these things. There are higher forms of intelligence in the universe than humans I believe and one of them is the Manifestations of God.

They primarily come to educate us spiritually but occasionally they make scientific pronouncements. Later science confirms it to be true.

So eventually I am certain science will discover that human beings are an independent species not descendent from any other species.

I have a pre publication book about this written by a Baha'i that anyone is free to have if they provide an email address.

It's called "The Originality of Species by means of Independent Descent".