• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians who are confused about meat

Wasp

Jesus was Jew. He remained a practicing Jew until the end of his life. So it is reasonable to assume that he believed the same as other Jews then and now believe regarding evangelism and conversion.

You can believe whatever you want. I'm just pointing out that there is good reason for modern-day Christians to claim that they're NOT beholding to any OT traditions or proscription.
Pointing out you are. I wish you could point out where is says so in the bible.

David1967

Premium Member
Then why can't Jews eat bunny rabbits? Bunny rabbits don't seem to be creatures of darkness. Unless somebody is not telling me something about Bunny rabbits.

rabbit-9

Here is documented evidence that bunny rabbits are anything but nice.

Wasp

An empty assertion, did you even read the link?
I am aware of the nonsense on that page. I'm more aware of the actual contents of the Qur'an.
An empty assertion? Why don't you at least form an argument first? Though it isn't the topic here.

We Never Know

No Slack
Majority of Christians eat pork, though it's prohibited by the bible, yet there's a pro-vegetarian trend going on, even one called Christian vegetarianism. But eating meat is not prohibited in the bible.

Why are they concerned by what God has not commanded and unconcerned by what He has commanded?

Of course most Christians would say the old testament is not binding on them, but that doesn't have anything to back it up.

IMO eat all the meat you want and enjoy it because from what I've seen from some christians, if a god does exist, eating meat should be the least of their worry's. :D

Last edited:

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Feel free to refute by any bible.
Sure: Romans 14

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God

Wasp

Sure: Romans 14

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God
What is that refuting?

danieldemol

Premium Member
I am aware of the nonsense on that page. I'm more aware of the actual contents of the Qur'an.
An empty assertion? Why don't you at least form an argument first? Though it isn't the topic here.
Rofl, the argument is very well formed in the link. To copy/paste it here is unnecessary as it contains some length owing to the number of discrepancies between the Quran and science.

You bombed your own thread by saying the Bible has scientific errors which also was not on topic.

If it is nonsense it should be easily refutable by you, yet you haven’t even made the attempt.

Wasp

Rofl, the argument is very well formed in the link. To copy/paste it here is unnecessary as it contains some length owing to the number of discrepancies between the Quran and science.

You bombed your own thread by saying the Bible has scientific errors which also was not on topic.

If it is nonsense it should be easily refutable by you, yet you haven’t even made the attempt.
You make a thread for it if that's what you really want. I'm sure you'll get answers.

Wasp

It say that some of us can eat anything we want and it is ok with the Lord if we do. When it comes to food, all things are lawful for us.
Well if you can eat anything, how about a human baby boiled alive? You shouldn't read religious scripture so literally.

leov

I'm pretty sure if it has health benefits that its the only Jewish restriction that does. They wear one kind of fiber. They have to wear hats all the time. They have to separate their dairy and meat. They mayn't walk around on the sabbath. They must not trim the corners of their beards. They have to be careful not to touch dead bugs or to have creeping bugs touch them. For example if a daddy longlegs spider touches you its no big deal, but if it touches a Jewish man it can cause him a lot of inconvenience. That is not a health benefit.
Sadly, my limitation of in knowledge of ancient Hebrew....also, I know that gematria was inserted within Torah and had to be manifested adjustment of literal reading that part is way above my pay grade, e.g. It may have been another than daddy longlegs spider, e.g. Latrodectus pallidus, or White Widow.