• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians who are confused about meat

leov

S.D. Again.

Just add defenses against bacteria or natural disgust. After all, I feel no temptation to eat rotting bodies, or other disgusting things like dogs crap, so why not design us to naturally repel those dangerous things too, instead of complicating things with rules and such?

Ciao

- viole
All acts according Natural Laws.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
You have to reverse it: first came a thought then evolution based on outward conditions.

Do you agree that evolution is unguided and operates on natural selection of randomly generated mutations?

Ciao

- viole

Neutral Name

Majority of Christians eat pork, though it's prohibited by the bible, yet there's a pro-vegetarian trend going on, even one called Christian vegetarianism. But eating meat is not prohibited in the bible.

Why are they concerned by what God has not commanded and unconcerned by what He has commanded?

Of course most Christians would say the old testament is not binding on them, but that doesn't have anything to back it up.

Mark 7:17-23
17 After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. 18 “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)

20 He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. 21 For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, 22 adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and defile a person.”

Also, I found it interesting the other day to see that God made a covenant with Noah where he said it was ok to eat anything on earth. Genesis 9:3 Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

So, yes, "Christians", you can eat pork.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Sometimes, not necessarily as the rule.

So, you do not accept evolution by natural selection? Are you sure you are not at odds with both science and the Bible?

Often, to save both, we destroy both. And the reason is that evolution by natural selection, and the Christian God, cannot be both true.

Ciao

- viole

leov

So, you do not accept evolution by natural selection? Are you sure you are not at odds with both science and the Bible?

Often, to save both, we destroy both. And the reason is that evolution by natural selection, and the Christian God, cannot be both true.

Ciao

- viole
I accept that initially a sort of elementary matter was brought from energy and everything else was built on the base of that matter that had built in potentiality ('blueprint') becoming all existing depending on outside conditions. After that what you call natural selection is finishing the job.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I accept that initially a sort of elementary matter was brought from energy and everything else was built on the base of that matter that had built in potentiality ('blueprint') becoming all existing depending on outside conditions. After that what you call natural selection is finishing the job.

So, do you accept that all life we see today is the product of natural selection, or not? I am not sure what you mean.

Ciao

- viole