• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your username

A

angellous_evangellous

angellous_evangellous

is almost "messenger of the Gospel" in Greek

Hacker

TLC stands for tender loving care(my nursing theme).
And MEL is my nick name for Melanie!: hamster :

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
My IRL name is Jenna. Once a friend messaged me, meant to say "Jenna", but typoed it as "Jennsa." I dropped the extra N and it's been one of my names since. :D

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Mike182 said:
Mike because a lot of people call me Mike as opposed to Michael (my actual name :D ) and the 182 part is really just randomly made up/i secretly love blink182 - but don't you dare tell anyone, for i shall never hear the end of it :cover:

blink rocked, honestly it was a sad day that they broke up, awsome awsome band! :)

my name comes from my rather strange liking of penguins and my ammusement at the thought of an evil one lol

BFD_Zayl

well, BFD from a video game clan i was in along time ago, and Zayl is my name i use in rituals and stuff, supposedly it means "Silence" in Sumerian, even if it dosent i like its sound and ill keep it.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I picked Katzpur for a couple of reasons. The first three letters of my given name (Kathryn) are 'K-A-T.' The last letter of my surname (which shall remain unknown to y'all, but which is Hispanic) is 'Z.' "Katz" would have been okay on its own, but "Katzpur" just popped into my head and had a good ring to it. Besides, I like to think of myself as a pretty mellow kat who would rather "purr" than fight. But, as most poeple around here have learned -- some of them the hard way -- this kitty has claws and will use them if provoked. (It's getting harder to provoke me into using them, though. I guess old age must be taking its toll.)

lizskid

BANNED
My mom and I were close friends, and I would sometimes lovingly call her Liz....I was the only one who got away with it. Anyway, even though she is gone and I'm adopted, I'll always be Lizskid.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I love playing guitar. I want to be a rock star when I grow up:)! Since playing often relieves a lot of emotion (both good and bad) for me, I thought Guitar's Cry was appropriate.

And Gentoo, I can only imagine what a penguin, flamingo, and loon would think of each other in a bathtub. Sounds like the opening to a good joke!:p

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
CDRaider said:
Yeah so I'm SURE this thread has been done before but I was just curious. I always wonder why people have the user name they do.
Yup, we've done it before, but there are always new members and I am fascinated to know the stories behind their names. Thanks for starting this up again. :)

CDRaider said:
Mine is CDRaider because my name is Christina D and my schools mascot are the Raiders (we used to have this ugly red headed viking as our mascot but now we are wolves.. sucky mascot huh)
Aw, I thought that you were CDRaider because you reeeally like music pressed in little plastic discs and you make a habit of "raiding" used-CD shops.... or other people's collections. ;)

CDRaider said:
So what about yours?
lilithu is a contraction of lilith and hu. Lilith Hu or lilithu has been my online avatar and pseudonym for a loooong time now. I'm quite certain that if someone were to call "Lilith" or "Lil" on the street I would turn around thinking that he or she was talking to me. Actually, I've even been informed that Lilith Hu has been "pre-approved" for a credit card. :D

Lilith is from the myth of Adam's first wife, before Eve. The first woman and the first feminist. At some point I needed a surname for lilith. Hu is a common Chinese surname and can also mean tiger. The tiger represents the feminine principle of yin (as opposed to the male principle of yang, represented by the dragon). Tigers are feared in Chinese folklore/tradition (because a strong woman is a force of nature ;)). For me lilith hu or lilithu is a feminine anti-hero.

btw, I just googled 'lilithu' as per s2a's suggestion in another thread and found out that lilithu is also the name of some woman photographer (nice pics), an online goth queen character, and a heavy metal rock band. And I thought that I had made the name up.

---------------

For historical record I've dug up the other threads that have discussed usernames, in case there's one that you're curious about and (s)he doesn't post here.
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4057
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8292
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30443

Perhaps we should have a sticky thread on this like the one for the "post your pic"? It might also be a good idea to have a sticky thread to announce username changes, in case people don't catch a member announcement before it gets buried in a pile of other threads.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Luke was the working name for the main character of a story I started writing years ago, and have long since given up on (Mainly because I was never satisfied with what I had, and I kept changing the story, and the sci-fi genre is abit overdone, so I scraped the whole idea). I sloped Luke down because it is a fairly uncommon name, or at least I think so, in my area, and I was half watching Return of The Jedi while I was writing the first part. I liked the character I developed so much, I adopted Luke as the name for my wrestling gimmick. It was fairly similiar to the novel character for awhile, but didn't work out well for me, so I then added The Warhart aspect of the gimmick, which is inspired by the Children of Bodom song Warheart, mixed in with my own ideas of a twisted priest/prophet/general that preaches from the pages of The Necronomicon.
Wolf comes from my love of wolves, and I have several wolf guardian spirits.

CDRaider

lilithu said:
Perhaps we should have a sticky thread on this like the one for the "post your pic"? It might also be a good idea to have a sticky thread to announce username changes, in case people don't catch a member announcement before it gets buried in a pile of other threads.

I kind of agree because it gives someone who is new the chance to be prompted to give information. on the introduction thread people don't know what to say, this gives them a script!

CDRaider

Luke Wolf said:
Luke was the working name for the main character of a story I started writing years ago, and have long since given up on (Mainly because I was never satisfied with what I had, and I kept changing the story, and the sci-fi genre is abit overdone, so I scraped the whole idea). I sloped Luke down because it is a fairly uncommon name, or at least I think so, in my area, and I was half watching Return of The Jedi while I was writing the first part. I liked the character I developed so much, I adopted Luke as the name for my wrestling gimmick. It was fairly similiar to the novel character for awhile, but didn't work out well for me, so I then added The Warhart aspect of the gimmick, which is inspired by the Children of Bodom song Warheart, mixed in with my own ideas of a twisted priest/prophet/general that preaches from the pages of The Necronomicon.
Wolf comes from my love of wolves, and I have several wolf guardian spirits.

I've been writing a story for many years now but the odd thing is I'm writing as story in a genre I don't read!!!! I think its gives me a unique perspective because I don't write it stereotypically but I am bascially stopped in the writing proccess because I can't come up with an ending that satisfies me and i need an ending to write towards!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
OK OK I'm making this thread a sticky because I can no longer live with the shame of ignoring Lilithu's and CDRaider's good advice that it should be made a sticky.