• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your username

AllMantra

My username... I chose AllMantra when I was studying the Baha'I Faith and Islam. Perhaps the most widely used Holy names of these great religions begin with Allah. Muslims often use "Allah-u-Akbar" (God is most Great), whereas Baha'I's regularly meditate on the phrase "Allah-u-Abha" (God is Most Glorious). I am neither a Muslim nor a Baha'I, but I have been greatly inspired by their teachings, nor am I a Hindu or a Buddhist, though the eastern traditions have also been vital to my journey. Eastern religions generally refer to a Holy Name or Sacred Syllable as a Mantra or Mantram (a sanskrit terms meaning roughly: "To Cross the Mind" or "Instrument of Thought"), so when first introduced to the Sacred words of Islam and the Baha'I Faith I referred to them as Mantras. For a time I recited these beautiful Names during my daily meditations and came to refer to them as Allah Mantra's, the term AllMantra is a short form of this pet name that I had fabricated.

P.S. I am adding this to clarify and potential misunderstanding... I don't claim to be a scholar of any religion and the information I have listed above is not to be taken as absolute fact for anyone other than myself. I don't want to offend anyone who may take my description of their religious practices as a uneducated generalization.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
My last name starts with a "T" and I don't want you know my first name. :p

No relation to the wrestler whatsoever. It is a username that I have used for a while.

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
NordicBearskin comes from a time when I was tired of referring to myself online via an ever-changing random stream of letters, and as I was quite addicted to an Elder Scrolls game at the time (often I played a Nord character who, um, collected bear skins), the two coincidences meshed beautifully, like a delicious chocolate cake and another delicious chocolate cake.

Since then I haven't looked back, and not just because my excess neck fat makes attempting to do so a worthless exercise! Huzzah! :p

DrWurm

Doctor Worm is the name of a They Might Be Giants song. And DrWurm looked a little cooler and more techy. And yes, while on the internet I've encountered other DrWorms.

Random

Most people seem to believe that God can become a man and save humanity from itself. My username expresses my desire that rather Man shall become God and save himself.

Seraphiel

My username is that of the angel Seraphiel. The same name I also use on my website.

He was named as chief of the Seraphim, one of several for whom this office is claimed, Seraphiel is one of eight judge angels and a prince of the Merkabah. Seraphiel is described as an enormous, brilliant angel as tall as the seven heavens with a face like the face of angels and a body like the body of eagles. Which fits my profile very well. :angel2:

Kamala

"Kamala" means lotus, or something having to do with a lotus (I can't get a straight answer online, anyone know for sure?).

I picked it because I loved Siddhartha.

unsaltednut

CDRaider said:
The thing that stinks for me is that I LOVE American Sign Language and is the only language I can speak other than English.

The only problem is no one but deaf people know it and I can't exactally pick a word from sign language to put online!!!! kinda stinks! I LOVE the sign for arrogant, its funny

CDRaider - I usually go by the name Traingosorry on other forums. ASL is also my second language ;)

My name is simply a statement of how I feel in my faith. I'm a nut, and most won't argue with me on that one, but I am not salted like I should be. Bland, flavourless and not strong in my faith. :shrug:

My name is Pagaal Mexican well cause i am learning hindi and the first word i leared was Pagaal which means Crazy and mexican cause i am proud to be mexican American! so i am the crazy mexican

Lux et Umbra means "Light and Shadow" in Latin.
I'm no expert on Latin, but I like the language and I like the symbolism of light and darkness.

Rough_ER

Rough_ER

Rough endoplasmic reticulum is a microscopic feature of the interior of cells. I used it for my screen name as I have always loved the name and it's an interesting little devil too. :)

P.s in class we abbreviate to ER as it's too much of a mouthful to keep saying "Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum" every two minutes!

CelticRavenwolf

She Who is Lost
"Celtic" for my religious beliefs, and to separate me from the wiccan author Silver Ravenwolf. It is pure coincidence that we both use the same name. She was in fact the person who turned me away from Wicca when I was still religion hunting! I have no respect for her whatsoever, but I'm not about to give up my name because of it.

I am Ravenwolf for two reasons. One is simple: I adore ravens, I love wolves. To call myself Ravenwolf is to pay homage to the unique relationship between these two creatures. Ravens rely on wolves to open carcasses so that they can feed on the leftovers. In return, ravens have been known to lead wolves not only to dead animals so they can open them, but to live prey as well. Where wolves are, ravens are rarely far away.
Two is that my totem is a black wolf, or a 'raven-coloured wolf' if you will. So my name also acknowledges my Guardian.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
CelticRavenwolf said:
"Celtic" for my religious beliefs, and to separate me from the wiccan author Silver Ravenwolf. It is pure coincidence that we both use the same name. She was in fact the person who turned me away from Wicca when I was still religion hunting! I have no respect for her whatsoever, but I'm not about to give up my name because of it.
Huh, she seemed ok to me. (I only read the first of her books.) A little Halmarky perhaps - the covers are hilarious! - but still ok.

CelticRavenwolf said:
To call myself Ravenwolf is to pay homage to the unique relationship between these two creatures. Ravens rely on wolves to open carcasses so that they can feed on the leftovers. In return, ravens have been known to lead wolves not only to dead animals so they can open them, but to live prey as well. Where wolves are, ravens are rarely far away.
Kewl, I did not know that. :)

CelticRavenwolf

She Who is Lost
Silver's books were so hokey that they completely turned me off of Wicca. I have other reasons now, but at the time that I read her books she made it sound like a shallow scam. Mostly on account of her spells. The best one that made me laugh was in 'Teen Witch'. The spell was to get rid of annoying people who harass you in forums and chat rooms. It was this whole ritual, complete with components and verse, but at the bottom of the page in brackets it read "don't forget to click the 'ignore' button!"

She's also a hypocrite. My understanding of Wicca is that it teaches tolerance of other beliefs, and yet she repeatedly slams other faiths, Christianity in particular. It's like she's taken Wicca and commercialized it to appeal to the naive and bitter, and praises solitary practice above joining together in covens.

I could list a whole lot of other reasons why I have no respect for her, but Catherine Noble Beyer says is best here: http://wicca.timerift.net/ravenwolf.shtml

Another person with a bone to pick and a few good points is Smiling Panther here: http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/vanthal/608/id57.htm

I was using my name before she published her first book, and it will still be mine long after she's out of print!

Im atomic amoeba because:

1- Atomic is based after a song by Blondie and plus is a word relating to Atomic ... experiments and stuff

2 - Amoeba is mainly named after the giant space amoeba on star trek the original series and also because i like amoebas.

The names were fused together because it sounded cool. Like an amoeba caught in an atomic experiment.

(you may have guessed im into sci-fi).

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I'll answer this again, since I changed my username not long ago.

My grandfather on my mom's side, who died before I was born, was named James. I used Jaymes because the username James was already taken, unfortunately.