• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your username

DuckySMT

Ducky is a nickname I've had since elementary school and SMT stands for Satan's Moist Towelette, which is an inside joke with me and my friend Jill aka Satan

Hamish

Hamish was a nickname given to me while I was in high school. I never knew why that name was chosen because the guy who started it was one of the tough kids and nobody usually questioned what he said, but he did let me know that it wasn't meant as anything bad. The whole nickname was Hamish Magrootle

Moni_Gail

ELIGE MAGISTRUM
Moni...my little brother use to call me this when he was younger because he couldn't say Monica.
Gail...my middle name.

Yep, I'm that dull. :p

CDRaider

mostly harmless said:
mostly harmless:

The entry made in reference to Earth in 'The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy'

As I have told you before, that is STILL the greatest username ever

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
I've had mine since I started posting to message boards.
Snow because where I live (Alaska) there is snow around most of the year.
Bear is the english translation of my first name, amd my dad used to call me 'Little Bear' when I was a kid, so it kind of stuck.

The Nita Okhata title under my name is Choctaw for 'Bear of the sea' ... The polar bear's real name is 'Ursus Maritimus,' which translates into sea-going bear. As a scuba diver, I obviously love the ocean. I wanted a unique name for my little boat, so my dad (the Choctaw) helped me come up with the name :)

Real Sorceror

Pirate Hunter
Real Sorceror.

I get asked all the time, and I just want to come out and say that no, I am not really a sorceror. Sorry for the dissapointment and confusion. ;)
The name just sounds really cool and unique. Plus, I'm a huge fan of RPGs and fantasy novels.

Mavrikmind

Mine is kinda self exsplanatory, I chose the nick because I grew up in a close knit family of Southern Babtists. Pretty much I didn't have a choice but to attend church when I was younger. So when I got out on my own I thought what I wanted and did what I wanted, much to the chagrin of my family. WOOOT

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Mine comes from Atomic Zombie **** - the joke name for a hardcore band that me and an old friend were going to form. Actually, the whole entire idea was a joke.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Mine is down to the fact that St. James the Persian is my patron saint and James by itself (I'm about as devious as Michel) is always already taken by the time I join a forum. I did start out with my username in Romanian when I first joined (Iacob Persul) but that resulted in people referring to me as Jacob (presumably they needed glasses they weren't wearing) even though I sign every post as James, so I translated it.

James

tcprowling

Mine comes frommy other half being my kitten, and I was her Top ( or maybe that was Tom) cat....... the prowling came from the fact that I don't focus on just one particular topic online but i am " prowling" through many.

gnomon

gnomon-n. rod, pointer, or triangular piece especially on a sundial.

I chose this name from the Greek gnomon which means indicator or one who discerns. Derived from the earlier term gignoskein which means come to know. Taken from Barnhart's Dictionary of Etymology.

Actually, I first heard the term in a history of science course I took in which the professor referred to Eratosthenes measuring of the circumference of the earth and the possible method he used to measure the shadow by merely holding a large stick, or staff, in Alexandria and measuring the shadow at a particular time and comparing with the distance from Alexandria to Syrene where sunlight only hit the bottom of a well at the summer solstice.

What stuck with me was the term gnomon, it's above definition as part of a sundial and a stick in the ground. Strange combination but somehow the term stuck with me. That and I just like the word. Only later did I find it somewhat metaphorical compared to my own personality after reading it's etymology. Sometimes I like to get full of myself and think I am a standard by which all human thought is measured (Bwa-ha-ha-ha!).

Most of the time, I feel like a stick in the ground watching my shadow grow as time marches on.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
doppelgänger

My use of the name was inspired by the phenomenon whereby one catches his own image out of the corner of his eye. Reflections, mirrors, projections, shadows and illusory doubles and twins are some of my favorite mythological motifs.

CDRaider

tlcmel said:
OHHHHH so that's what bump means? lol. I've always wondered what it meant!:cool:

Lol, yeah, I had problems with that before. Basically just trying to get it up in the recent posted threads so newbies will see it! lol