• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your username

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I always wonder why people have the user name they do.
Three of my four grandparents were Me'tis, thus mixtures of European and Amerindian ancestry. However, I decided to use the lower-case "metis" so as to not confuse this as being the name of a specific group.

Vitality

Mine is the name of the yoga studio I opened years ago. Inspired by how the practice makes me feel. Ended up letting my mentor, who I brought on as a silent partner, take management of the company because I was too busy with school and raising my daughter to dedicate the time needed for a successful business. Plus I didn’t practice or teach yoga for the money and felt like the business aspect cheapened the experience. He changed the name. I continued teaching part time at various studios around town up until the COVID lockdown happened. Now I hardly practice anymore. Perhaps I should change that? I do miss how good it made me feel.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Mine is the name of the yoga studio I opened years ago. Inspired by how the practice makes me feel. Ended up letting my mentor, who I brought on as a silent partner, take management of the company because I was too busy with school and raising my daughter to dedicate the time needed for a successful business. Plus I didn’t practice or teach yoga for the money and felt like the business aspect cheapened the experience. He changed the name. I continued teaching part time at various studios around town up until the COVID lockdown happened. Now I hardly practice anymore. Perhaps I should change that? I do miss how good it made me feel.

I do a 20 to 30 minute yoga session every morning. I feel sure that without it i would be in a lot worse shape than i am in.

I believe you should take it up again even if it's only for yourself

jbg

Mine is real simple; my initials.The first time I went on a forum was 2002 or 2003, David Suzuki's forum on what was then called "global warming." I was in a hurry that day, and used the first handle that occurred to me. On other forums, where JBG is unavailable, I use JBGUSA.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Evangelicalhumanist. First, I am a Humanist (well, who knew?!?). Evangel comes from Greek εὐαγγέλιον (euangélion, “good news”), from εὐάγγελος (euángelos, “bringing good news”), from εὖ (eû, “well”) + ἀγγέλλειν (angéllein, “to announce”) (English angel). So I bring the "good news of Humanism" to all you little boys and girls (and what-nots).

In addition, it's a bit of a stick-out-your-tongue poke at all the other evangelical types here-abouts. :p

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
SalixIncendium. Latin for FireWillow. I'm a fire sign both astrologically and zodiacally, and willow is my patron tree.

It's my internet name, and it is entirely unique to me. I'm the one and only. I initially went by FireWillow when I first encountered the internet, but the name was more common that I liked, and it was too easy to confuse me with others.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Exaltist Ethan. I believe in my own theological beliefs I call Exaltism, and my first name is Ethan. If I weren't Exaltist Ethan I would probably be Earthseed Ethan instead, as Earthseed is the overarching belief system that Exaltism falls under. Plus, Earthseed starts with E and Earthseed Ethan does roll off the tongue a little. I might change it when I'm allowed to several months in the future - as name changes are allowed once a year and I changed my username last August from my legal name, EthanReilly, to Exaltist Ethan, what it is currently. I like both titles to be honest, but at least with Earthseed there will be a few people who know what I'm referring to, whereas with Exaltist or Exaltism, people have no clue what I'm really trying to convey.

And now that the forum format has changed, and people cannot see my religion without going to my profile, I will probably end up changing it to Earthseed Ethan, but only for these forums, and remain Exaltist or Exaltist Ethan everywhere else. It's whatever. I try not to think too much about names what but those names actually mean to me, the meaning behind what people call themselves here. If I didn't have Exaltist Ethan or Earthseed Ethan I would probably name myself something Baha'i-esque about "truth" or "destiny", like what you see from many Baha'is from this forum. I see that when I go to my profile dashboard I can actually change my name myself without the need for mods or admins to do it for me. (Mods still need to approve it.) If it is possible I probably will rename myself Earthseed Ethan as a clarification of my beliefs around here.

If people cannot see my religion as part of my posts, I might as well put my religion in my name. That's a logical thing to do, right?

Edit: I just made a formal request to change my name to Earthseed Ethan, but if it is rejected because it's too early to change my name, I will accept that fate and go by Exaltist Ethan until the full year has passed. Maybe, just maybe... The reset of forum software will allow me to change my name, as religion is hidden in profiles now and I'm trying to use my religion as part of my name now. I don't know.

Last edited:

Schwarzweg

Ullr, Nebet-Het,Wendigowak
Exaltist Ethan. I believe in my own theological beliefs I call Exaltism, and my first name is Ethan. If I weren't Exaltist Ethan I would probably be Earthseed Ethan instead, as Earthseed is the overarching belief system that Exaltism falls under. Plus, Earthseed starts with E and Earthseed Ethan does roll off the tongue a little. I might change it when I'm allowed to several months in the future - as name changes are allowed once a year and I changed my username last August from my legal name, EthanReilly, to Exaltist Ethan, what it is currently. I like both titles to be honest, but at least with Earthseed there will be a few people who know what I'm referring to, whereas with Exaltist or Exaltism, people have no clue what I'm really trying to convey.

And now that the forum format has changed, and people cannot see my religion without going to my profile, I will probably end up changing it to Earthseed Ethan, but only for these forums, and remain Exaltist or Exaltist Ethan everywhere else. It's whatever. I try not to think too much about names what but those names actually mean to me, the meaning behind what people call themselves here. If I didn't have Exaltist Ethan or Earthseed Ethan I would probably name myself something Baha'i-esque about "truth" or "destiny", like what you see from many Baha'is from this forum. I see that when I go to my profile dashboard I can actually change my name myself without the need for mods or admins to do it for me. (Mods still need to approve it.) If it is possible I probably will rename myself Earthseed Ethan as a clarification of my beliefs around here.

If people cannot see my religion as part of my posts, I might as well put my religion in my name. That's a logical thing to do, right?

Edit: I just made a formal request to change my name to Earthseed Ethan, but if it is rejected because it's too early to change my name, I will accept that fate and go by Exaltist Ethan until the full year has passed. Maybe, just maybe... The reset of forum software will allow me to change my name, as religion is hidden in profiles now and I'm trying to use my religion as part of my name now. I don't know.
Spirituell.....................................................................................
Alles hat 2 Seiten
Immer zwischen den "Stühlen" und auf der DUNKLEN SEITE
Avatar : Ausschnitt von meinem Lieblingsblechkuchen
Meine ist die DUNKLE SEITE