• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your username

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
A mathematician?
Dang....now I feel inferior....more so.

Yes. His 'On Triangles..." was an important text at the time (and still is historically) but he contributed to astronomy as well. Sadly, he only lived to 40.

Viker

Häxan
It can be pronounced vike as in bike and then er. Or, pronounced as vick as in wick and then er. I like the latter.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It can be pronounced vike as in bike and then er. Or, pronounced as vick as in wick and then er. I like the latter.

Kind of like how the Anglican Vicar is pronounced but with an e, not an a?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm the hero of time saving the world and all that. Link - just need a Zelda in my life <3.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
My name is Emilie, it means Rival.

I go by my middle name, Grace, in real life.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Jai-Nārāyan, not Jain Ar(a)yan. Jainārāyan is the Hindi pronunciation (sort of jay nah rah yuhn) of Sanskrit Jayanārāyana (ja ya nah rah yuh nuh), “glory/victory to God”.

Whew! :D

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Or Dr. Pepper. Although that has nothing to with the Beatles.

If it has nothing to do with The Beatles, then it doesn't stand a chance with me. Hello, goodbye, Dr. Pepper.

140e031d3db6cead4aa140ddb10dad33.gif

Dr. Pepper's Carbonated Hearts Club Brand.

Catchy tune, but I'm not sure it would be a number 1 hit.

8080c65df887839ed977f4a92c938030.gif

Bluedragon

I started High School at Edwards AFB in California. Half of my Freshman year. We were then transferred to Tokyo. The High School I attended was Narimasu High, Home of the Dragons and our colors being Blue and White. Hence the name Bluedragon.
Ten Military Bases around Tokyo at the time and two private schools. Upon graduating, I boarded a cargo flight out of Tokyo and flew to Seattle .....12 hours. Sat in the Co Pilots seat about halfway to the US. Boarded another flight and landed in Birmingham, Al on my way to Auburn University.