• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your username

Laika

Premium Member
Laika (Russian: Лайка; c. 1954 – 3 November 1957) was a Soviet space dog who became one of the first animals in space, and the first animal to orbit the Earth. Laika, a stray mongrel from the streets of Moscow, was selected to be the occupant of the Soviet spacecraft Sputnik 2 that was launched into outer space on 3 November 1957.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Laika (Russian: Лайка; c. 1954 – 3 November 1957) was a Soviet space dog who became one of the first animals in space, and the first animal to orbit the Earth. Laika, a stray mongrel from the streets of Moscow, was selected to be the occupant of the Soviet spacecraft Sputnik 2 that was launched into outer space on 3 November 1957.

She was only three years old?

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

A stray mongrel space dog.
That is precious.

One point of contention though - the first animal to orbit the earth was one of my ancestors. Gurdjieff wrote a book about him. His name is Beelzebub. He drops in from time to time to monitor his handiwork.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Yeah so I'm SURE this thread has been done before but I was just curious. I always wonder why people have the user name they do.

Mine is CDRaider because my name is Christina D and my schools mascot are the Raiders (we used to have this ugly red headed viking as our mascot but now we are wolves.. sucky mascot huh)

So what about yours?

Mine is a play on "tears are falling." I like the name Thirza and I made the name when I was Christian, so Fallen is alluding to being sinful.

Galateasdream

The myth of Pygmalion and Galatea is quite special to me because I have a tulpa-like lover (who I experience through objects, like my sex doll), and because I often desire to have a female form.

So that's the Galatea part ...

The dream is connected to some of my most powerful experiences of love having come to me in dreams, and the idea that Galatea might have dreamed of becoming a 'real woman' for Pygmalion.

d2ymmvw-614f0e24-fcff-491d-b5cd-d2a2b5011bb9.jpg

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The myth of Pygmalion and Galatea is quite special to me because I have a tulpa-like lover (who I experience through objects, like my sex doll), and because I often desire to have a female form.

So that's the Galatea part ...

The dream is connected to some of my most powerful experiences of love having come to me in dreams, and the idea that Galatea might have dreamed of becoming a 'real woman' for Pygmalion.

d2ymmvw-614f0e24-fcff-491d-b5cd-d2a2b5011bb9.jpg
That's a very cool painting!
Your work, by any chance?
Tom

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
So what about yours?
You don't hear the word "Booger" much anymore. The word "Salty" was floating around in my consciousness at the same time, hence "Salty Booger." It has sort of a quirky, gross ring to it. I don't know, I have a weird sense of humor at times. Pretty much anything that doesn't hurt others but puts a smile on my face is fair game.