• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Cup 2010 Fans?

SBrent

I have one brother who supports Man Utd, and another one who supports liverpool . Usually all season they're at each other's throats but for the World cup they're both backing England (who don't have a hope in hell I think! probably the US will beat them too). I'm going to back south america - Brazil or Argentina

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
New Zealand 1, Italy 1

GO NEW ZEALAND!!!

If we manage to beat Paraguay, we're in the next round, and Italy goes home.

Who'd have thought it possible on a team where very few are actually payed, professional players.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
New Zealand 1, Italy 1

GO NEW ZEALAND!!!

If we manage to beat Paraguay, we're in the next round, and Italy goes home.

Who'd have thought it possible on a team where very few are actually payed, professional players.
Yeap all respect goes to the NZ team. :cool:
but I wouldnt be quick to bury the Italians, that team should never be underestimated.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Yeap all respect goes to the NZ team. :cool:
but I wouldnt be quick to bury the Italians, that team should never be underestimated.
Hehe, I think if our boys get sent home after this, we can still hold our heads high and proud at what they've managed to do in this tournament.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Hehe, I think if our boys get sent home after this, we can still hold our heads high and proud at what they've managed to do in this tournament.
I completely agree. I was also highly impressed with the humility in which the NZ coach spoke after the match.
congrats methylated!

xkatz

I am rooting for the Democratic People's Republic of Korea!

flag-north-korea.gif

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
If only Man U would go the same direction :cool:

Luckily, Man U didn't make Evra their captain. ;)

But congrats. I guess they got what they deserved, huh? After S. Africa went up 2-0, I started rooting for them to score more just to see an incredible story, since France was definitely knocked out by that point. That's OK; I didn't really expect much from them anyway. I think we can both agree in our rooting against England today, though, right?

Not to Stephen - I will be watching the games when I get home from work today at around 10:00 PM your time, so I won't be checking this thread any more today.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Luckily, Man U didn't make Evra their captain. ;)

But congrats. I guess they got what they deserved, huh? After S. Africa went up 2-0, I started rooting for them to score more just to see an incredible story, since France was definitely knocked out by that point. That's OK; I didn't really expect much from them anyway. I think we can both agree in our rooting against England today, though, right?

Not to Stephen - I will be watching the games when I get home from work today at around 10:00 PM your time, so I won't be checking this thread any more today.

It would have been sooo good to see SA go through wouldn't it. For a while there I believed they could do it.

What about the USA today, how will ye do?

I

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
It would have been sooo good to see SA go through wouldn't it. For a while there I believed they could do it.

Yeah, it sure looked like it. When they had the good chance to go up 3-0, I really thought they would do it.

What about the USA today, how will ye do?

I

Not sure. I'm rooting more for England to lose than for us to win, but us winning helps England get knocked out. By all rights, we should win today, but you never know.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Not sure. I'm rooting more for England to lose than for us to win, but us winning helps England get knocked out. By all rights, we should win today, but you never know.

The English team remind me of the French team. Spoilt eejits. Slovenia are such an underdog I'd love to see them do it.

I expect the English team to rise to the occasion though. Looking forward to it. I'll say nothing here about the score once it starts :)