• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Cup 2010 Fans?

RevOxley_501

It might be a long shot, I literally only know 3 people IRL that enjoy soccer at all...but I'm becoming a huge soccer fan, especially English Premier League...

so, the World Cup starts in 12 days...who are you rooting for? I'm in the USA but secretly pulling for England/Germany (The US team is a love/hate relationship for me.)

Anybody watch EPL? Who's your team? I'm all about Chelsea, but I like Man. Utd. as well.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
It might be a long shot, I literally only know 3 people IRL that enjoy soccer at all...but I'm becoming a huge soccer fan, especially English Premier League...
Its called football :D

so, the World Cup starts in 12 days...who are you rooting for? I'm in the USA but secretly pulling for England/Germany (The US team is a love/hate relationship for me.)
Usually I root for the Netherlands. but in truth all I root for is good football, whether it is seeing an underdog giving a power house a run for their money, or a great team living up to its reputation.

Anybody watch EPL? Who's your team? I'm all about Chelsea, but I like Man. Utd. as well.
I dont watch it as much as I've used to now days. but EPL aside, there's nothing like watching Liverpool making a comeback in a middle of a critical match in the Champions League.

RevOxley_501

Usually I root for the Netherlands. but in truth all I root for is good football, whether it is seeing an underdog giving a power house a run for their money, or a great team living up to its reputation.

I dont watch it as much as I've used to now days. but EPL aside, there's nothing like watching Liverpool making a comeback in a middle of a critical match in the Champions League.

That's why I just root for whoever looks best on the field that day...I love Arsenal too, but I can't help but pull for the Spurs or Wolves when they are against them...because Arsenal falls apart from their massive egos every time they are against a low ranked team. I just like to watch really good play...

Tanuki

Taking a hiatus

My uncle played for Chelsea just after WWII, and he also played for the All Whites (New Zealand). However, I don't like the EPL - you should watch proper football and watch the SPL, after all Scotland is where the game originated regardless of what certain English people will tell you.

In the World Cup I'm rooting for anyone but England.

Come on Rangers!! Woo hoo lol

DeitySlayer

President of Chindia
All about the Arsenal! :D

Chelsea bought their way to the title, Man United ditto. The entire Man United first team would have to be sold off to offset their debt. They win by spending outside their means. That Arsenal can maintain a team of such class on such a minimal budget is a mark of their skill and talent.

For the World Cup: ENGLAND ALL THE WAY!!!!

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
That's why I just root for whoever looks best on the field that day...I love Arsenal too, but I can't help but pull for the Spurs or Wolves when they are against them...because Arsenal falls apart from their massive egos every time they are against a low ranked team. I just like to watch really good play...
Arsenal can put up a great show as well, I loved it when Henry played there, great and smart player.
What about the Spanish league? there's nothing like sitting at the Camp Nou watching 10s of thousands rocking the house. whan I was in Barcelona I set there watching Barca taking down Sevilla 3-1, with Messi and Ronaldinho tearing the net, it was sensational.

RevOxley_501

Haven't seen SPL or Spanish leagues yet...I have all the ESPN channels and Fox Soccer Network, which is where most of my EPL and Serie A games come on- not sure why I can't find SPL and Spanish leagues on them or where I could watch them at.

Tanuki

Taking a hiatus
Haven't seen SPL or Spanish leagues yet...I have all the ESPN channels and Fox Soccer Network, which is where most of my EPL and Serie A games come on- not sure why I can't find SPL and Spanish leagues on them or where I could watch them at.

You may need to go online for the SPL, as I noticed when I was in New Zealand they showed the EPL but not the SPL so the States must be the same. I found that quite weird though given the large contingent of the Scottish diaspora in NZ.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

Man Utd. is my team. This was a disappointing year, but after the past few, I can't complain. How can you like both Chelsea and MU, though?

In the WC, I'm rooting for France because they're my team. Yes, I know they cheated and all, and I would have been OK with them not being in, but since they're there, they're still my team. I kind of like Spain, though, too. I don't root for the U.S. really, because they don't really deserve it. I root against England because I'm Scottish at heart, and I root against Argentina because there's just something about them I don't like, plus an old friend of mine has liked them his whole life, and we were always very contrary with each other.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

Depending on where you are, you might also have Gol TV. Mine is the next channel up from FSC, and they came in the same package. GolTV shows a lot of La Liga. ESPN also showed some La Liga games this season.

A

angellous_evangellous

I'm rooting for the home team (in my case, the hopeless USA).

I'd love to see a nation from Africa or Latin America win. Heck, if India won that would be great, too.

All things being equal, I just like to see good games.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I couldn't have imagined anything could be worse than the filth outlined above :sad4:

It's not my fault you're a dirty Sunderland/Liverpool fan. Hey, at least you have Champions' League next year to look forward to...oh, wait, no, that's right. Liverpool didn't make it.

But I was wrong :eek::eek: :slap:

Yeah, well, I've been a fan of them since I got into soccer the year before they won the WC. I understand why you hate them at this point, but I'm not going to stop being a fan because of that. Plus, if you're against them, I'm glad I'm for them. :cool:

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Yeah, well, I've been a fan of them since I got into soccer the year before they won the WC. I understand why you hate them at this point, but I'm not going to stop being a fan because of that. Plus, if you're against them, I'm glad I'm for them. :cool:

[youtube]GA-9aiTHpo8[/youtube]
YouTube - BBC Thierry Henry Handball Joke HD

lgon84l.jpg

Smoke

Done here.
I always root for Ireland, Greece and Argentina, in that order. So Greece and Argentina.

But honestly, if you play a good game I don't begrudge you the win unless you're playing Ireland. I hate that Ireland's not in it.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
I was convinced to be for Mexico by some Mexican friends of mine. So I guess you could say I'm hoping Mexico wins it all.