• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong if human beings turn to G-d?

Ebionite

While Corona spreads, what is wrong if human beings turn to G-d, reform themselves and do good deeds?
Humans have always had religion. They tend to frame good and evil in social terms, when the original issue was about security relationships.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I don't get one exactly. Please elaborate.

Regards

Well nothing violates the laws of nature. God does not supercede nature. Nothing supernatural has happened to this day.

God cannot prevent death. Nor can God make anyone a better person.

So if God were a reality, Earth is outside of things. The universe is a vast void.

It's up to humanity to save humanity.

Where's all the grande purpose and plan? I used to venture for one in my youth, and from time to time. Still nothing!

I already searched!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Speak for yourself. The notion of universal human nature most probably arose from the connection between church and state, it's not based in truth. To err is human.

Humanity means "one human race; human beings collectively." We are all humans.

I remember my brother saying he wasn't human once. So, I guess I'll just speak for myself then ;)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I think it is a dreadful notion that problems such as corona viruses have anything to do with believing in God, or in "reforming" ourselves. Reform from what into what, exactly? Please be specific -- what, for example, are you planning to turn yourself into in order to make this problem go away?
I did not tell anybody to believe in G-d, if they, deep in their heart and soul want to disbelieve.
Those who are not certain in their disbelief, they could turn to G-d.

Regards

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Whatever concept of G-d one's heart and soul makes.

Regards
_________
[51:22]وَ فِیۡۤ اَنۡفُسِکُمۡ ؕ اَفَلَا تُبۡصِرُوۡنَ ﴿۲۲﴾
And also in your own selves. Will you not then see?
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 51: Adh-Dhariyat

The problem is more how people relate to others who believe differently concerning God, and therefore what is good in their view which centers around their belief in God.

Therefore our relationship with God is dependent on our relationship with the diversity of beliefs in God that does not fit our view of God. God is not our God, God is a universal God.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I did not tell anybody to believe in G-d, if they, deep in their heart and soul want to disbelieve.
Those who are not certain in their disbelief, they could turn to G-d.

Regards
You still didn't answer... and to be honest, your complete naivety is distressing to me.

Bird123

While Corona spreads, what is wrong if human beings turn to G-d, reform themselves and do good deeds?
I see no harm in it. Right, please?

Regards

The question remains. Do people reform and do good deeds because they think that would please God and God would then prevent them from getting sick? Are people doing good deeds out of Fear or because it is the right thing to do?

The answer will determine if the lessons have been learned yet.

You are right. There is no harm regardless.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The question remains. Do people reform and do good deeds because they think that would please God and God would then prevent them from getting sick? Are people doing good deeds out of Fear or because it is the right thing to do?

The answer will determine if the lessons have been learned yet.

You are right. There is no harm regardless.
"You are right. There is no harm regardless. "

Thanks for agreeing that there is no harm.

Regards

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
One could not mention any harms as asked in the OP. Right, please?

Regards
I cannot answer that, because you still have not answered the fundamental questions I asked:

What do you mean "reform yourself." That means changing something you are doing now, and instead doing something else. Well, what are you planning to stop doing, and what are you planning to start doing?

And you have not answered what you mean by "do good deeds." If by that, you mean going around and visiting all your friends to see how they are doing and give them comfort, you will be doing harm, because you will be spreading the virus.

So I ask again: how will you "reform yourself" and "what do you mean by good deeds?"

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The problem is more how people relate to others who believe differently concerning God, and therefore what is good in their view which centers around their belief in God.

Therefore our relationship with God is dependent on our relationship with the diversity of beliefs in God that does not fit our view of God. God is not our God, God is a universal God.
I understand that there are three (maybe more)stages.
  1. Those who are certain about their disbelief.
  2. Those who are not certain about their disbelief, but they are not believers.
  3. Those who believe in G-d but their concept of G-d is incorrect.
The OP is most relevant to the last two categories. Right, please?

Regards

Ebionite

Humanity means "one human race; human beings collectively." We are all humans.
That's statist doctrine. The term "human" originated from Cicero's homo humanus, which distinguished between Romans and "barbarians", which were anyone who wasn't Roman. In that context it was all about the security relationship with the state. When Rome adopted Christianity as the official religion, that relationship naturally morphed into the Catholic view (Catholic means universal, from katholica"). The etymology of "person" reflects that history, with person/persona being a mask, i.e an appearance or role, rather than the men or women themselves.

MNoBody

legalistically human is defined as a lower order of man, as in a barbarian, considered unfit to own property....which is why it is likely prudent to not identify yourself as a "human".....just due to the legal sophistry woven by the grammarians.