• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong if human beings turn to G-d?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
While Corona spreads, what is wrong if human beings turn to G-d, reform themselves and do good deeds?
I see no harm in it. Right, please?

Regards

If it works for them, fine.. they should remember to follow medical advice to avoid the catching the virus, god won't help them there

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
For many, if not most, there is "no harm in it." For the rest the issue is not what they turn to but, rather, what they turn from, e.g., science and reason.
Everybody is not actively involved in Science to invent a vaccine for the virus, so it is reasonable for others to turn to G-d and ask His mercy, humbly. While doing Science one could also turn to G-d. There is no harm in it, please.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
If turning to God means hope I see little wrong with it. If people start attaching other concepts such as ignoring a vaccine in favour of only God and religion as treatment there is a major problem.
Rather ignoring a vaccine, one should focus to find it and turn to G-d to help humanity to find a vaccine. The truthful religion is not against it.

Regards

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
While Corona spreads, what is wrong if human beings turn to G-d, reform themselves and do good deeds?

Regards

Or not. Folks can still reform themselves and do good deeds without God.
So turning to God is fine but pretty much irrelevant to the issue.

Aren't believers already turning to God. Isn't that pretty much SOP among folks who believe in a God?
Seems a little hypocritical to turn to God only in a crisis.

MNoBody

God is a concept, when bandied about by men,
a concept is an idea which tends to end in people taking sides and contentions ensue.
which is counterproductive to any mutual satisfaction.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Regards
I think it is a dreadful notion that problems such as corona viruses have anything to do with believing in God, or in "reforming" ourselves. Reform from what into what, exactly? Please be specific -- what, for example, are you planning to turn yourself into in order to make this problem go away?

InChrist

Free4ever
Plenty of human beings do good things currently WITHOUT god
I think that is because humans are made in the image of their Creator God, therefore everyone does good things sometimes. So while many may deny God, their good actions are not “without” God, in my view.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I think it is a dreadful notion that problems such as corona viruses have anything to do with believing in God, or in "reforming" ourselves. Reform from what into what, exactly? Please be specific -- what, for example, are you planning to turn yourself into in order to make this problem go away?
I don't see anything dreadful. Maybe one is carried away with one's thoughts. Right, please?

Regards

Altfish

Veteran Member
I think that is because humans are made in the image of their Creator God, therefore everyone does good things sometimes. So while many may deny God, their good actions are not “without” God, in my view.
Well, that is your opinion; I do not agree.

MNoBody

make no graven images [english mistranslation] and did they gravely ponder the neon gods they had made...alas the dead, they are busy burying the dead......imagine that.