• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong if human beings turn to G-d?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I understand that there are three (maybe more)stages.
  1. Those who are certain about their disbelief.
  2. Those who are not certain about their disbelief, but they are not believers.
  3. Those who believe in G-d but their concept of G-d is incorrect.
The OP is most relevant to the last two categories. Right, please?

Regards

Uncertain as to how the categories relate to your post, unless you are appealing to some synario of fear as in Pascal's wager. This is not really the point of my post, but nonetheless disbelief is a choice, and from their perspective they believe their perspective is good.

My point centers around the diversity and contradictions of those who do believe, and feel firmly that there way is the good way.

Crisis like the coronavirus does inspire people use their belief to seek certainty in an uncertain world, but that is not necessarily what is good, because it is good only from the perspective of what they believe.

Riders

I have seen folks in addictions in 12 Step programs who do this and do well. But I have also seen folks turn to God and use it for hate and to exclude folks. SO to me I think it is good if they are not using it to exclude folks or be selfish like scamming people with it.

But if they are on the up ad up and use the power of God for good and for love then it is a good thing.

Tiberius

While Corona spreads, what is wrong if human beings turn to G-d, reform themselves and do good deeds?
I see no harm in it. Right, please?

Regards

And what happens when they claim God told them that the holy water will protect them, or that God won't allow sickness in church? Lots of people will get sick, and people could die.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
While Corona spreads, what is wrong if human beings turn to G-d, reform themselves and do good deeds?
That doesn't get the dead ones very far, though.

Bad choice of method, I'd say.

pearl

Each of us on RF are part of humanity as well. Our US politics are far away from turning to a god. Then on top of that not everyone is christian and follows the same god-but that god(s) are their source to. There's got to be more than crisis that make people acknowledge one god over another, the christian god and not say Hindu, and be Christan and not Jewish, Bahai, Muslim, etc. if any??

I do not believe there are different gods, but different paths to God.
I also believe that humanity is basically good irrigaurdless of whether one acknowledges a God or denies the existance of any. I think we would all agree that the present crisis is an absolute ontic evil, as opposed to a moral evil. As far as US politics are concerned, it is a generic god paid lip service when convenient, even while committing moral evil by those who hold power over the rest of us.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

Regards
Nothing wrong if they turn to God. And when they reform themselves and do good deeds, that is also "not wrong".
I see no harm in it at all. Seems quite perfect even.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
It depends what one means by ‘turning to God’. Where is God in order to turn to?

My belief is that turning to God means turning to the Manifestation He sends in each age because it is that Manifestations that brings the laws, teachings and ideas which are required to help solve the problems of the age in which He appears.

Today the focus is on collectively coming together and uniting to solve our problems as one humanity. So with regard to the virus i believe the world’s scientists should unite to come up with a solution and the worlds nations should pool resources, financial and human. I think we could overcome this virus with less economic damage and less lives lost if we collectively jointly fought it as a world rather than just as individual nations.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
And what happens when they claim God told them that the holy water will protect them, or that God won't allow sickness in church? Lots of people will get sick, and people could die.
It is not what others are claiming, it is what is in one's deep inside in one's heart and soul. Whatever concept of G-d is in one's deep inside in one's deep heart and one's soul one should tun to Him and whatever the concept of goodness is in one's inside one should reform according to it. This is to be done primarily as suggested by me in the OP, please.
Right, please?
Regards

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It depends what one means by ‘turning to God’. Where is God in order to turn to?

My belief is that turning to God means turning to the Manifestation He sends in each age because it is that Manifestations that brings the laws, teachings and ideas which are required to help solve the problems of the age in which He appears.

Today the focus is on collectively coming together and uniting to solve our problems as one humanity. So with regard to the virus i believe the world’s scientists should unite to come up with a solution and the worlds nations should pool resources, financial and human. I think we could overcome this virus with less economic damage and less lives lost if we collectively jointly fought it as a world rather than just as individual nations.

That would then mean that turning to God aslo means that we also accept and Love all previous Messengers sent by God, in the many Names of God.

We can then also express our Faith in a unity of diversity, a great way of also getting on top of coronavirus in a unity of vision not focused on self.

Regards Tony

Tiberius

It is not what others are claiming, it is what is in one's deep inside in one's heart and soul. Whatever concept of G-d is in one's deep inside in one's deep heart and one's soul one should tun to Him and whatever the concept of goodness is in one's inside one should reform according to it. This is to be done primarily as suggested by me in the OP, please.
Right, please?
Regards

Of course, that just isn't true.

There are plenty of churches out there claiming some kind of religious protection from the virus.

Using prayer to fight the coronavirus.

Encouraging people to use holy water, despite the risks.

Holy water can cure the virus.

Tiberius

Please read the OP again and tell us the harms of turning to G-d.
Right, please?

Regards

I think you may need to read my last reply again.

It is turning to God to protect people from the Corona virus that is causing people to foolishly act in ways that will give them greater risk of exposure. How do you not understand that this is people turning to God, and this is a behaviour that causes harm?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I think you may need to read my last reply again.

It is turning to God to protect people from the Corona virus that is causing people to foolishly act in ways that will give them greater risk of exposure. How do you not understand that this is people turning to God, and this is a behaviour that causes harm?
Is one 100% sure that there is no God, please?

Regards

Jedster

Whatever concept of G-d one's heart and soul makes.

Regards
_________
[51:22]وَ فِیۡۤ اَنۡفُسِکُمۡ ؕ اَفَلَا تُبۡصِرُوۡنَ ﴿۲۲﴾
And also in your own selves. Will you not then see?
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 51: Adh-Dhariyat

I am glad you can admit that those that believe in a god comes from self-accepted/made concepts.
Now try and understand that not every person has made those concepts and remain without any god concept.
So my question to you is what do you see in your own self that makes you believe in a god?

I'd appreciate a straight answer without quotes from any book

Thanks