• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong if human beings turn to G-d?

Jedster

You are wise enough not to mention "Religion-Atheism" and keep it blank. Right, please?

Regards

It is true that I follow no religion and do not have any concept of God/gods.
If I did follow a particular religion,I would say so, unlike you who does not mention the name of your religion,unless, of course you have left Ahmadiyya.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
It is true that I follow no religion and do not have any concept of God/gods.
If I did follow a particular religion,I would say so, unlike you who does not mention the name of your religion,unless, of course you have left Ahmadiyya.
I am an Ahmadiyya peaceful Muslim, and members here know it. Right, please?

Regards

Jedster

I am an Ahmadiyya peaceful Muslim, and members here know it. Right, please?

Regards
Yes, but you don't mention it in your profile & FWIW there is no reason everybody knows.
I still think your comment your comment to @Tiberius was silly, as was your comment to me.
Atheism is not a religion and your comment to me(You are wise enough not to mention "Religion-Atheism" and keep it blank.)was cheap sarcasm which is unbecoming from someone who claims has Love For All Hatred for None.

Right?Of course right :)

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yes, but you don't mention it in your profile & FWIW there is no reason everybody knows.
I still think your comment your comment to @Tiberius was silly, as was your comment to me.
Atheism is not a religion and your comment to me(You are wise enough not to mention "Religion-Atheism" and keep it blank.)was cheap sarcasm which is unbecoming from someone who claims has Love For All Hatred for None.

Right?Of course right :)

OK wise-man!

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I think it is easy to try and freak out and get as far away fro your addiction as you can at times when you are in recovery. So on some level, it would make sense that some addicts turn to extreme addiction.

I turn to Buddhist Monks talks quite often and get reminded that most Monks commit to a single life, or else a sexually moral life if they are married. Many commit to single life and no sex! It comforts me.
"most Monks commit to a single life"

It is against nature, they should not be encouraged. Buddha the truthful Messenger/Prophet of G-d also got married. They should follow him. Right, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
If all the people of the world turned to Yahweh in supplication and prayer as did the people of Nineveh at the preaching of Jonah, we would avoid all the judgements of Revelation. It's great that some people are turning towards spirituality. It really is and this is my prayer that more people would do so. Although I'm finding that they are a number who are not, I hope that those who do continue in well-doing even if this virus does pass (Galatians 6:9). I remember in 9/11, people turned to spirituality at that time but soon went back to their mundane ways a few months after it had passed. Similarly in World War 2 many turned to prayer, but when the war is over, liberal and licentious trends kicked in.
I am with one that everybody should turn to G-d always, through thick an thin. But humans beings are fast to forget. Right, please?

Regards

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
While Corona spreads, what is wrong if human beings turn to G-d, reform themselves and do good deeds?
I see no harm in it. Right, please?

Regards

Can't agree to a generic statement like that.

"Gods" (=religions) have a tendency to dictate what they consider to be "good deeds" or not.
Humans that "turn to god" in turn tend to follow the dictates of those religions. And the more radical the believer, the more to the letter these dictates are going ot be followed.

It's not dificult to imagine that "good deeds" in their eyes, might spell some very real harm to others not part of their religion. And sometimes, also tot those that ARE part of the religion.

So you're going to have to be more specific, because in reality when " human beings turn to G-d, reform themselves and do good deeds", it might very well mean that they strapped a bomb around their waste and detonated it somewhere in the proximity of innocent bystanders.