• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong if human beings turn to G-d?

HonestJoe

It is not what others are claiming, it is what is in one's deep inside in one's heart and soul. Whatever concept of G-d is in one's deep inside in one's deep heart and one's soul one should tun to Him and whatever the concept of goodness is in one's inside one should reform according to it. This is to be done primarily as suggested by me in the OP, please.
You seem to be demanding that everyone else answers your question of "what harm would it do" and lots of people have answered so why will you not answer a similar question lots of people have asked you but you keep ignoring.

We agree someone turning to God will do no harm in itself. The question to you is; What good does someone just turning to any concept of God do?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I am glad you can admit that those that believe in a god comes from self-accepted/made concepts.
Now try and understand that not every person has made those concepts and remain without any god concept.
So my question to you is what do you see in your own self that makes you believe in a god?

I'd appreciate a straight answer without quotes from any book

Thanks
"I am glad you can admit that those that believe in a god comes from self-accepted/made concepts."
I didn't say anything like that.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You seem to be demanding that everyone else answers your question of "what harm would it do" and lots of people have answered so why will you not answer a similar question lots of people have asked you but you keep ignoring.

We agree someone turning to God will do no harm in itself. The question to you is; What good does someone just turning to any concept of God do?
"We agree someone turning to God will do no harm in itself."

Thanks for agreeing with me.
Now turn to G-d and reform yourself and do whatever concept of goodness one has deep in one's heart and soul. It won't harm one. Right, please?

Regards

Jedster

"I am glad you can admit that those that believe in a god comes from self-accepted/made concepts."
I didn't say anything like that.
Regards
You said in post number 5
"Whatever concept of G-d one's heart and soul makes."
This assumes that all have a concept made by one's heart & soul", which is just not true.

So, putting that aside, how about responding to the rest of my post which contains a question to your self. Here is the post:

Now try and understand that not every person has made those concepts and remain without any god concept.
So my question to you is what do you see in your own self that makes you believe in a god?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You said in post number 5
"Whatever concept of G-d one's heart and soul makes."
This assumes that all have a concept made by one's heart & soul", which is just not true.

So, putting that aside, how about responding to the rest of my post which contains a question to your self. Here is the post:

"Whatever concept of G-d one's heart and soul makes.""Whatever concept of G-d one's heart and soul makes."

Please read it as "Whatever concept of G-d one's heart and soul has deep inside in one's self."
Right, please?

Regards

Jedster

"Whatever concept of G-d one's heart and soul makes.""Whatever concept of G-d one's heart and soul makes."

Please read it as "Whatever concept of G-d one's heart and soul has deep inside in one's self."
Right, please?

Regards

It makes little difference to my question which you still ignore.

Again putting that aside, how about responding to the rest of my post which contains a question to your self. Here is the post:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
It makes little difference to my question which you still ignore.

Again putting that aside, how about responding to the rest of my post which contains a question to your self. Here is the post:

I believe in G-d very naturally as I believe very naturally in my parents. Right, please?

Regards

Jedster

I believe in G-d very naturally as I believe very naturally in my parents. Right, please?

Regards

No, not right.
If beliefs were natural, then we would all have the same beliefs.

Thanks for answering although you didn't really answer the question which was quite specific: what do you see in your own self that makes you believe in a god?

Like many people, you were told about god probably when very young, thus it seems natural. Here is an easier question that I am just curious about.

Have you ever been a non-believer or questioned why you believe?

HonestJoe

"We agree someone turning to God will do no harm in itself."

Thanks for agreeing with me.
Now turn to G-d and reform yourself and do whatever concept of goodness one has deep in one's heart and soul. It won't harm one. Right, please?

Regards
What good does someone just turning to any concept of God do?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
What good does someone just turning to any concept of God do?
As I understand it is a first step towards a constant endevour to remain turned to G-d.
When one turns to G-d, seeks His help and does good works new stages open up. It is a reward of turning to G-d. Right, please?

Regards
[29:70]وَ الَّذِیۡنَ جَاہَدُوۡا فِیۡنَا لَنَہۡدِیَنَّہُمۡ سُبُلَنَا ؕ وَ اِنَّ اللّٰہَ لَمَعَ الۡمُحۡسِنِیۡنَ ﴿٪۷۰﴾
And as for those who strive in Our path — We will surely guide them in Our ways. And verily Allah is with those who do good.
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 29: Al-`Ankabut

Last edited:

Tiberius

Is one 100% sure that there is no God, please?

Regards

No, I can't say I am 100% sure there is no God.

Then again, I can't say I'm 100% sure that there isn't a teapot orbiting Mars either. But I don't want the teapot believers to be in charge of society and passing laws based on their teapot belief.

Tiberius

We agree someone turning to God will do no harm in itself.

I gotta disagree there. A person turning to God can lead to them seeking faith based solutions for illness rather than medical treatments. How many Jehovah's Witnesses have needlessly died because they refused a perfectly safe blood transfusion?

Tiberius

As I understand it is a first step towards a constant endevour to remain turned to G-d.

That sounds to me to be no different than saying that becoming an alcoholic is the first step in remaining an alcoholic.

When one turns to G-d, seeks His help and does good works new stages open up. It is a reward of turning to G-d. Right, please?

Citation required.

Please show that people who turn to God have opportunities open up that non-believers never get.

HonestJoe

I gotta disagree there. A person turning to God can lead to them seeking faith based solutions for illness rather than medical treatments. How many Jehovah's Witnesses have needlessly died because they refused a perfectly safe blood transfusion?
That kind of thing can happen without following God specifically though. My point is that "turning to God" in itself is a fairly meaningless concept. What a person actually says or does is what matters and theism alone will have little or no impact on their underlying character.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
And why do you believe in your parents?
They loved , provided for me, cared for me. Nobody did so much for me. I have to believe that they are my parents.
Is one's case different than that and one believes that one had no father and mother?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No, I can't say I am 100% sure there is no God.

Then again, I can't say I'm 100% sure that there isn't a teapot orbiting Mars either. But I don't want the teapot believers to be in charge of society and passing laws based on their teapot belief.
There is no compulsion for anybody in it.

Regards

Tiberius

That kind of thing can happen without following God specifically though. My point is that "turning to God" in itself is a fairly meaningless concept. What a person actually says or does is what matters and theism alone will have little or no impact on their underlying character.

I don't see how someone can come to the conclusion, "God will save me!" if that person does not actually believe in a god of some kind.

Could you explain how that could happen?