• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you want to know about Islam

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There have been disputes between the scholars, but the most prevalent opinion is that it is punishable by death. I will tell you something about this though. The apostate is given a chance to come back to Islam. When someone leaves Islam, it's like he or she breaks down the pillars that keep his or her life together.
How is this considered morally superior to other religions, to deny other human being the freedom of personal choice?

GoldenEye

@Binyad Q,

Some quick questions:

1) Who created your god (where did he come from in the first place)?
2) You follow your religion because you were born into it. So you have a bias towards it. How does that make you any different than the other people who are born into other religion?
3) Why does your god let children be born into other religions knowing that it is not the right one. How is that a fair system? Supposedly created by the most just being?
4) A man gets 70 or so virgins in heaven. If he is marring then what happens to his wife? If he has kids, those kids are okay with their dad having sex with 70 virgins? What happens to the girls? What do they get? How is that fair for the girls?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ok, let me explain more. Different cultures and Religions have different ethics. What you call ethical might not be ethical for someone else.
Then how can someone claim Islam is the most moral religion in the world?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The morals that Muslims have are unique
Other than believing murdering other human beings who chose to leave the religion, being considered morally unique, what else besides murder as morality makes Islam morally unique? Can you provide other examples besides killing others for their own good as an example of a unique take on the idea of morality?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Did science refute the existence of a human common ancestor? Y Adam? Mitocondral Eve?
Does Islam teach that Adam and Eve lived approximately 150,000 years apart? That is what science shows about Y Adam and Mitochondrial Eve. So yes, Genesis is not a literal account of history of science. It's been disproven by science.

If Islam teaches otherwise, it has to deny the scientific evidence, "kill it" in some holy war against truth, in other words in order to remain "right" in the eyes of the believers who are too afraid to leave it for fear of death. I agree, "morally unique" is a clever way to put all of this.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The story of Adam (peace be upon him) and the Flood during Noah's time(pbuh) are both true in Islam. They are not myths. As regarding to the oral tradition part, the Quran hasn't changed since the time it was given Prophet Muhammad(SAW).
Please don't be silly. Now you are declaring Islam to be as false as fundamentalist Christianity. The flood myth was refuted by the early 19th century and the Adam and Eve myth about fifty years later. And the question about the Quran was in relation to the texts that Mohammad got wrong.

Jadamas

Does Islam teach that Adam and Eve lived approximately 150,000 years apart? That is what science shows about Y Adam and Mitochondrial Eve. So yes, Genesis is not a literal account of history of science. It's been disproven by science.

If Islam teaches otherwise, it has to deny the scientific evidence, "kill it" in some holy war against truth, in other words in order to remain "right" in the eyes of the believers who are too afraid to leave it for fear of death. I agree, "morally unique" is a clever way to put all this.

I’ve no idea, I’m not muslim.

Another question: is it true that there’s talking ants in the Qur'an?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Did science refute the existence of a human common ancestor? Y Adam? Mitocondral Eve?

And what about Green Sahara?
Rainfall regimes of the Green Sahara

Now you are merely guilty of reinterpreting after the fact. Nor do you understand who or what Y-chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve were. They never new each other nor were they the only man or woman of their times. And I am unaware of the Green Sahara myth in the Quran, but it too is more than likely reinterpretation on your part.

Jadamas

Now you are merely guilty of reinterpreting after the fact. Nor do you understand who or what Y-chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve were. They never new each other nor were they the only man or woman of their times. And I am unaware of the Green Sahara myth in the Quran, but it too is more than likely reinterpretation on your part.

I don’t know Qur'an, and I was not saying Genesis should be taken litterally.
In my first message I mentioned part of your sentence when you wrote “refuted myths”.
I don’t think that the existence of a common ancestor (called Adam and Eve or Charles and Sonia I don’t know) and that a flood happened were refuted by science but I may be wrong.

I’m not native in english, so maybe there was a misunderstanding.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
So just to clarify; is everyone else okay with this thread that revolves around preaching? I mean I'm happy for it to remain here so we can debunk each and every claim the OP makes.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Islam and Christianity are two very similar religions. The main difference is how we classify Jesus( peace be upon him). Muslims believe that he was the Messenger of God. Christians believe that he was god or son of god. By saying this, the Christians clearly are degrading God. God is One, not two or three. Every single thing is inferior to him. The Message that all the Prophets and Messengers brought to this world is one Message, that there is One God , worship Him alone. As Muslims, we believe that the Jews and Christians are People of the Scriptures, but they are deviated from the Straight Path.
Sorry, @Binyad Q . I fear that I did not make myself clear.

I am fairly well aware of the ways in which Islaam references Christianity. I do not particularly approve of them, but I am aware of them.

But I am not of a very Abrahamic mindset, and your claim involved non-Abrahamic faiths as well (or so I understood it).

Do you think that Islaam can supercede a non-Abrahamic faith? Or, to be frank, that it truly tries to?

Binyad Q

Hello "Binyad Q",

I see you are new on RF. Welcome here. Very nice you want to explain to us about Islam. Thank you. I visited a life Master in India. Lesson number one was "Never think that your religion is the best AND never belittle the religion of others [also do not belittle atheism/humanism]". And additional "Do not belittle humans, because God created them all. So if you belittle anyone/anything you belittle God". My answers come from this Wisdom my Master taught me.

You claim "Islam is the True Religion" AND "Its level of morality is far more than any other religion".
That sounds like "lesson one". Probably you mean to say "In my humble opinion Islam is the True Religion", correct?

Otherwise that means you know everything about all religions and you also came to the conclusion that "Islam is the True Religion" [big claim for such a young person, age 16]

Did you study "Sanathana Dharma"? Just to mention one. Google showed roughly 100 4200 religions. I know a tiny little bit about 5 of them. So you know them all in detail?

According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world. The word religion is sometimes used interchangeably with "faith" or "belief system", but religion differs from private belief in that it has a public aspect.
You are right, I should have been more respectful. People have the choice of being Muslim or not. I believe in One God. I want to help others find the truth, the truth I believe.
Thanks

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don’t know Qur'an, and I was not saying Genesis should be taken litterally.
In my first message I mentioned part of your sentence when you wrote “refuted myths”.
I don’t think that the existence of a common ancestor (called Adam and Eve or Charles and Sonia I don’t know) and that a flood happened were refuted by science but I may be wrong.

I’m not native in english, so maybe there was a misunderstanding.
There are other threads where these are discussed. You might learn something if you go to them.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Stories passed on generation to generation. Slow changes accumulate. If one finds an older text one may be amazed by the differences.

Many Christians, but not all and perhaps not most, believe the myths of Genesis, Adam and Eve, Noah's flood and his ark. How does Islam deal with those obviously refuted myths?
Thanks for explaining what oral tradition is.

I want to point out that it is actually a good thing, if not a necessary one even. Without an oral tradition a religion would be left with only scripture and its scholarly interpretation, which IMO are very much inferior tools.

Oral traditions are necessary to keep the doctrine sharp, relevant and accurate.