• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you want to know about Islam

1robin

Christian/Baptist
It wasn't so much plagiarized as it was mangled by the oral tradition in place at the time.
Hello YmirGF. You can actually find long passages in the Quran that are virtually word for word copies of known heretical and gnostic texts that predate Muhammad. However I agree that it contains all sorts of mangled texts starting with the fact the Quran is laid out to memorize not understand. The surah are laid out by length instead of chronology for pity's sake.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
God( Allah) says in the Holy Quran that the Quran is a confirmation of the Scriptures that came before it. Those are the Scriptures that the Prophets and Messengers before Muhammad( peace be upon him) got. It is One Message. There is no plagerism in it.
I am not talking about legitimate texts like the bible or Torah (even though the Quran contradicts both). I am talking about known heretical and gnostic texts like the infancy gospel or the "gospel" of Thomas.

Lets start with the fact the Quran its self sais Muhammad plagiarized previous works.

Quran 25:5

And they say: "Tales of the ancients, which he has caused to be written: and they are dictated before him morning and evening."

And here are just a few of the works he plagiarized.

The Seven Sleepers
Mariam and Virgin Mary
Childhood of Jesus
The Heavenly Table
The Paraclete
The Balance
Abraham's Ascent to Heaven

Sources of the Quran(Koran): By W. St. Clair Tisdall 

You can't deny what I am saying because the text of the Quran copied virtually word for word from these heretical texts.