• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you want to know about Islam

Binyad Q

1. God (Allah) is the Creator of everything. Everything you see or don't see belong to Him. Everything that has happened, everything that is currently happening, and everything that will happen is under His control. He is All Knowing, Most Great, Most Merciful. In Islam, Allah has 99 Names. You can look them up. All of Them show His Greatness
3. I mean that no person or religion can deny Islam and God based on what they can find in their religion or Islam itself

Binyad Q

are not we free to do whatever we want as human beings.
then why are you (humans) punishing by killing other humans.
has God ever told you "I give you the right to punish humans who you think are sinful ..."
Murder is one of the major sins in Islam. You are not allowed to kill except if a person causes corruption. For example, if a treaty has been broken or betrayal takes place, killing is permissible. Don't forget though, Forgiving is the best option in most regards

Binyad Q

Did science refute the existence of a human common ancestor? Y Adam? Mitocondral Eve?

And what about Green Sahara?
Rainfall regimes of the Green Sahara
Let tell you something about science and Islam. There isn't a single verse in the Quran that science can prove wrong. If science can't prove something, it doesn't mean it is wrong. Science can't deny Adam and Eve(pbut ). Regarding green Sahara, I don't enough knowledge to talk about it, but still can't go against the teachings of Islam

Lynda Moumen

Hi everyone im new to this site im christian but thinking converting i just want to know is saying i swear the same as swearing to god or allah thanks

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Islam is the true Religion. It is the Religion that will lead you to Heaven. Today, especially in the west, it has become very misunderstood. The Holy Quran has been used out of context. People have been brain washed because of certain enemies of Islam and certain media programs. I have come here today to take any questions you have about Islam. Don't feel shy to tell me your opinion. I want this chat to be informative and friendly. Thanks.

Islam is the true religion because of how it describes God. Its level of morality is far more than any other religion. The more you study it, the better you can understand. Islam an easily deny any religion other than Islam, but no religion can deny Islam

Hello "Binyad Q",

I see you are new on RF. Welcome here. Very nice you want to explain to us about Islam. Thank you. I visited a life Master in India. Lesson number one was "Never think that your religion is the best AND never belittle the religion of others [also do not belittle atheism/humanism]". And additional "Do not belittle humans, because God created them all. So if you belittle anyone/anything you belittle God". My answers come from this Wisdom my Master taught me.

You claim "Islam is the True Religion" AND "Its level of morality is far more than any other religion".
That sounds like "lesson one". Probably you mean to say "In my humble opinion Islam is the True Religion", correct?

Otherwise that means you know everything about all religions and you also came to the conclusion that "Islam is the True Religion" [big claim for such a young person, age 16]

Did you study "Sanathana Dharma"? Just to mention one. Google showed roughly 100 4200 religions. I know a tiny little bit about 5 of them. So you know them all in detail?

According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world. The word religion is sometimes used interchangeably with "faith" or "belief system", but religion differs from private belief in that it has a public aspect.

Last edited:

Binyad Q

Repeatedly the Quran emphasizes the fact that it was sent in pure Arabic Koran. (Sura 41:2;12:2;13:37;16:105;42:5).
If the Quran were of God and for the peoples of all languages, what difference would it make what its original language was, and why do many muslims object that it is translated ?
Chapter 12, Verse 2:
Indeed, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur'an that you might understand
1. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was an Arab
2. Everything is by the Will of God. There is always wisdom in everything He does.

Binyad Q

so you swallow whatever the ulama' says.
ulama' (human).
in the history of Islam many ulama' were killed because of their opinions.
it proves that ulama' are human beings who are full of mistakes

you hang the people, you also hang the ulama' who should be your teacher.
why you all love killing each other?
I don't go by what the ulama say, I go by what is in the Qur'an and Sunnah

Binyad Q

we do not forbid to translate the Qur'an.
we ordered it to study the Quran in any way, of course that by translating it, and not only in the translation but also with the best interpretation.

but al quran must remain in Arabic.
because arab is the best and most perfect language in the world.
that arab is very beautiful ..

example:

zaidun qoimun, inna zaidan qoimun, qoma zaidun, yaqumu zaidun, zaidun qoma, zaidun yaqumu, inna zaidan laqoimun, inna zaidan yaqumu, kana zaidun qoimun, and many more

in the English language it means that his zaid stands
a lot of lost meanings from that one word (standing)
and if the al quran is translated then there will be many meanings lost in it
Are you Muslim WH. Khos?

Binyad Q

How do you feel about the Muslim brotherhood, political Islam if you like, they have their fingers in many pies even Al qieda,here's what their founder hassan Al banna says:

Jihad is an obligation from Allah on every Muslim and cannot be ignored nor evaded. Allah has ascribed great importance to jihad and has made the reward of the martyrs and the fighters in His way a splendid one. Only those who have acted similarly and who have modeled themselves upon the martyrs in their performance of jihad can join them in this reward. Furthermore, Allah has specifically honoured the Mujahideen {those who wage jihad} with certain exceptional qualities, both spiritual and practical, to benefit them in this world and the next. Their pure blood is a symbol of victory in this world and the mark of success and felicity in the world to come.

You can read it here
Citizen Warrior: Hasan al-Banna on Jihad

So although jihad can be greater or lesser there is no mistake of what Al banna means and that's jihad of the sword.

Here's the MBs motto also an Al banna quote:

Allah is our objective; the Prophet is our leader; the Quran is our law; Jihad is our way; dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope.

So how do you feel about political Islam, hamas famously used a hadith in their charter:
It is narrated in the hadith that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The Hour will not begin until you fight the Jews, until a Jew will hide behind a rock or a tree, and the rock or tree will say: ‘O Muslim, O slave of Allah, here is a Jew behind me; come and kill him – except the gharqad (a kind of thorny tree)

Hamas and the Al qassam brigades are all linked to the MB with a lot of support from outside Palestine.

Is this the true Islam? , after all politics and religion are peas from the same pod Imo.
1. "Jihad" means to strive in the Name of Allah. One form of it is fighting, but most of it is not. For example, trying your best to go away from Harm stuff ( impermissible stuff) is Jihad.
2. Islam covers all aspects of Life. Politics included. However, I don't have enough knowledge to cover that. You can look online for it, from good sources.

stvdv

Nah, Sanskrit is the best language in the world as it is what the gods speak in.

I asked God if I should study Sanskrit and God told me "No, language of the heart:D is sufficient"....

Gods are known to be omniscient. God spoke to me in Swedish:rolleyes:, English:cool: and Dutch:) so far

Binyad Q

Religion = the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
Belief = state of mind in which a person thinks something to be the case with/without there being empirical evidence to prove that something is the case with factual certainty

1): Islam can NOT be "the true religion" because "religion = the belief..." + "belief" implies it's personal/subjective not objective. So it's not a fact [so can't be "the true religion"]
Ok then, Islam is the True Belief

Binyad Q

Hi everyone im new to this site im christian but thinking converting i just want to know is saying i swear the same as swearing to god or allah thanks
When you say "I swear", you need to know who you are swearing in the name of. Saying "Wallahi" or "I swear to Allah" is the best thing to say. Just watch out because you might use it wrongly sometimes

Binyad Q

When you say "I swear", you need to know who you are swearing in the name of. Saying "Wallahi" or "I swear to Allah" is the best thing to say. Just watch out because you might use it wrongly sometimes
If you want to convert, you are welcome to. You just have to say the Shahada. After that, you are set to start your obligations as a Muslim

A Vestigial Mote

Ok, let me explain more. Different cultures and Religions have different ethics. What you call ethical might not be ethical for someone else.
You have now stated that you "go by what Islam teaches you," and that Islam's "level of morality is far more than any other religion," but also attempt to defend some policies of your fellow Muslims that are being questioned with "Different cultures and Religions have different ethics". That answer pointedly dodges the question of whether or not you believe it is moral to punish a person who leaves Islam with death. If what you're saying is that Islam and the cultures that practice it are simply "different" than other religions, and everyone else should simply accept that killing people who proclaim they no longer believe something is a "good" thing in any context... well, I think you're going to find A LOT of people who disagree with you - myself among them. It is simply not okay to kill someone over their beliefs/opinions.

I think you feel this too, but are afraid to admit it because it would reflect poorly on Islam if your opinion were to contrast with its teaching... hence the reason you were hesitant to actually answer the question, but instead turned to "different cultures and religions have different ethics." Or do you wholly agree that it is good and right to kill people who leave Islam? Which is to kill people for change in belief. Which is, truly, to kill people for a change in opinion about something that is altogether unknowable. If THAT is truly part of who you are, and reflects well what Islam teaches, then I understand why you are reticent to admit it. That isn't good... or moral... or something I would expect "the one true religion" to condone.

stvdv

So how do you feel about political Islam, hamas famously used a hadith in their charter:
It is narrated in the hadith that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The Hour will not begin until you fight the Jews, until a Jew will hide behind a rock or a tree, and the rock or tree will say: ‘O Muslim, O slave of Allah, here is a Jew behind me; come and kill him – except the gharqad (a kind of thorny tree)

I did hear this quote before. I always have to laugh when I hear this about "talking rock/tree".
But today I thought this is a nice quote, because the "rock or tree" probably will never say anything, so then the Muslim should not kill. Did I understand this correctly?

Last edited: