• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US: Donald Trump launches 2024 comeback bid, makes his 'very big announcement'

Choose those that agree with you:

• 01: I "think" Donald Trump will be the next president

• 02: I "don't think" Donald Trump will be the next president

• 03: I "hope" Donald Trump will be the next president

• 04: I "don't hope" Donald Trump will be the next president

• 05: I will vote for Trump

• 06: I will not vote for Trump

Results are only viewable after voting.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
But all ignorant people think that way, the "I can recognize wrong ones" types. ;)
Perhaps, but can they support their claims? For example, you could not support your claims in regards to AGW and appeared to be afraid to learn why you are wrong.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
A problem is that the left...also referred to as "liberal",
is illiberal in many respects, eg, pro-war, pro-war
on drugs, only recently pro-gay marriage, pro-prison
industrial complex, pro-civil forfeiture abuse, weak
on free speech, pro-big government, Zionist, etc.

One thing I like about being Libertarian is that
people either don't know what we stand for,
or they get it all wrong...which is an opportunity
to expound upon it.
I am none of those things. I am very much anti-war, I think people should be able to use martinis or weed, at their pleasure (I do neither), I've always been pro-gay marriage, for obvious reasons, I've argued here before that imprisonment is a very poor cure for the crimes that ail us, and useful only for keeping society safe. I've also argued here for free speech, including the use of words that were once common, and are now seen to be hurtful. I am not pro-big government, though I do think that government has a useful role to play. I've never been a Zionist, although I am no anti-semite.

wellwisher

US: Donald Trump launches 2024 comeback bid, makes his 'very big announcement'

Interesting times, will Trump be the next president. He gave a "good" pep talk, I guess that many Americans like his speech. After Biden, Trump looks more capable and powerful

What do you (Americans) think about Trump? You will vote Trump or not?

What Trump's early announcement means, is the Democrats can no longer use the power of government to harass Trump, since he is now a presidential candidate. If they continue down that path of harassment and fake news, it will be considered election tampering.

How will this be enforced you might ask? Trump's friend, Kevin McCarthy, is now the new Speaker of the House, with the Republicans now in charge of the House oversight committee. This now gives the Republican and Trump, subpoena power. This is where the skeletons of the past will be exhumed from Hunter Biden, backwards.

Trump may be vindicated before 2024. Imagine if it turns out Trump was railroaded and the people, that the rank and file Democrats trusted, are found guilty of various crimes? It may not matter to many of them, but the Honest Democrats will stay home on 2024. There were a trusting bunch of souls.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
What Trump's early announcement means, is the Democrats can no longer use the power of government to harass Trump, since he is now a presidential candidate.
False, as the judicial system is not dictated by a party.

If they continue down that path of harassment and fake news, it will be considered election tampering.
So, where do you get your news from? I can show you mine if you show us yours. Wait a minute, ... :eek:

Trump may be vindicated before 2024. Imagine if it turns out Trump was railroaded and the people, that the rank and file Democrats trusted, are found guilty of various crimes?
I wouldn't bet the house on that if I was you.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
What Trump's early announcement means, is the Democrats can no longer use the power of government to harass Trump, since he is now a presidential candidate. If they continue down that path of harassment and fake news, it will be considered election tampering.

Clearly false since then any crook could just run for president to get around an investigation being conducted.

As an example, Hilary Clinton running for president didn't negate an investigation into her emails. And a false claim about those cost her the election.

How will this be enforced you might ask? Trump's friend, Kevin McCarthy, is now the new Speaker of the House, with the Republicans now in charge of the House oversight committee. This now gives the Republican and Trump, subpoena power. This is where the skeletons of the past will be exhumed from Hunter Biden, backwards.

Yawn. Nobody cares about Hunter Biden. if he did something wrong, prosecute him. But it has no effect on the election.

Trump may be vindicated before 2024. Imagine if it turns out Trump was railroaded and the people, that the rank and file Democrats trusted, are found guilty of various crimes? It may not matter to many of them, but the Honest Democrats will stay home on 2024. There were a trusting bunch of souls.

Hardly likely since Trump clearly incited a mob to invade the Capitol. He clearly broke the law in trying to get election officials to 'find' more votes for him. he clearly committed nepotism blatantly and while in office. He clearly committed fraud in his business dealings. And he clearly was in possession of secret documents that he should not have been.

What *might* happen is that the House will whitewash some of this and refuse to do anything about it. But others still can do so.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Trump is likely to suck a.lot of the red out of the election.

Actually I think he galvanized the party more than hurt it. Republicans now know what they ought not to do and will focus on improving their effectiveness.

At least that's the thought I have about things.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
why would anyone want to vote for a criminal that only cares about himself,has zero respect for the people of America or law

Good question, but that describes much of America. The reason he doesn't have nearly 50% support any longer isn't because of any of the reasons you mentioned, none of which is a deal killer for sociopathic America. It's because he keeps costing the Republicans. They want a new strongman candidate now, and he can be just as morally compromised as Trump.

What I mean by sociopathic America is the huge contingent of Americans that appear to care about nobody but themselves. We saw it in full view during the height of the pandemic, when people defiantly and indifferently refused to mask because they didn't feel like it, and the tantruming that followed being told that one was unwelcome in certain jobs or venues unvaccinated. Absolutely zero interest in cooperating or compromising or the feelings of others. We see it in the Karen phenomenon, where people scream at entry-level employees and anybody they don't like seeing in their neighborhoods. We see it in the gun issue, where there is zero empathy for children afraid to go to school or their parents. And on it goes. These people will vote for monsters.

If someone else wins the Republican nomination and Trump explicitly denounced them publicly, do you think his loyal followers would become non voters or split off from the Rep base?

Why not? The question is how large a number that is. It used to be close to 50%, but it's probably down under 20% now. Still, the Republicans can't afford to divert that many votes from their primary vote-getter. That's their problem. Trump doesn't care what harm he does to the party, and he will harm them going into 2024 unless he wins the nomination and election. He's a loose cannon and a black hole of need who cares about nobody else but himself. He's actually the RINO. He's not one of them.

I think Trump's life will be in danger if the Republicans see putting him down as their best solution. What would stop them except the fear that they might be caught or blamed by potential Republican voters? Trump should be as concerned for his life as Putin, and for the same reason.

I fully support Trump in his attempt.

Agreed. Let's get him out there campaigning for Herschel. From Don't stay home, Donald - Palmer Report

"Donald Trump’s former White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany said what most Republicans are secretly hoping. That Donald Trump stays home and shuts up until after the December 6th runoff election between Raphael Warnock [Hershel Walker]. This is one time when they don’t want the devil to go down to Georgia. What they aren’t saying out loud is Trump is poison, the kiss of death, and they really — really — need Herschel Walker to win." Most Republican leaders probably emphatically agree with her but are afraid to say so. Trump still has his toxic base ... and Republican players don’t want to offend them. But Republicans have to acknowledge that there are not enough of them to win elections. A lot of them won’t vote because of the hilarious, ironic fact that they believe the Big Lie, that elections are rigged anyway. The undeniable reality is obvious to Republicans. Candidates that are backed by Donald Trump have a funny habit of losing. Here’s the problem. Trump doesn’t care what anyone has to say. The only thing that matters to him is his ego. So he is going to go ahead and announce his candidacy for president on November 15th just like he said he would. Then he’s going to try to make the Warnock-Walker runoff all about him. Trump doesn’t really care about anything else. He probably doesn’t care who wins the runoff election either. I want Trump to announce his candidacy, then I want him in Georgia. Warnock’s chances for a win in the runoff are very good. Donald Trump’s “help” will just about guarantee that Herschel Walker loses. Republicans know this and are terrified. So don’t stay home, Donald. Go to Georgia. We need you there."

The left are already going bananas

As you can see, the left is tickled pink by this. Anything that keeps Trump in the spotlight is good for the left.

mail

The republicans need him to not run, but to endorse whomever they do run. But how to get Trump to do that? Perhaps they could use the threat of prison.

Trump's endorsement hasn't been valuable. Of course, that's because he chooses election deniers and those loyal to him. If he supported candidates the party preferred, that would get the Trumpist vote, but what are the odds of that? I think they just need him to disappear, but they can't risk offending his base. The money behind the Republican party has seen Trump cost it the White House, the Senate twice and the House once. The Democrats took full advantage, pushing through a progressive agenda that surely made such people angry and frustrated. That's their money Biden is spending on people for student debt, infrastructure, relief and capping drug prices, and to add insult to injury, he expects them to help pay for it with tax hikes on corporations and the wealthy. What did they just see? Although the house will no longer cooperate with legislation, Trump cost them the Senate again, meaning tons of liberal judges will be confirmed, and if another vacancy arises in the Court, they can't block it. And, the House should be easy to snatch back with so slim a Republican majority, also Trump's fault in their eyes. How much will such people sit for before Trump is neutralized?

I don't see any impediment to Garland and others indicting Trump. If that worked, Bannon, Eastman, Clark, Flynn, Stone, and Giuliani would all be running as well. Indicting and then convicting criminals is not harassment. And what difference does it make if conservatives don't like it? They didn't like the Jan 6 investigation, either, which they also tried to frame as partisan harassment. Nobody bought that but Trump's partisans, including a few on this site.

Last edited:

Shaul

Premium Member
Considering that they haven't yet posted all official results from the 2022 election, it is entirely too early to discuss who should be President in 2024. The poll should have an option for "too early".

Orbit

I'm a planet

Hunter Biden isn't a politician. What is with this strange obsession?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

I doubt this very, very much. That would mean that all any American has to do is to announce their candidacy, and they can't be investigated for crimes. Yes, there was a "pause" during the period of voting, but that is not nearly the same thing. The first primaries are well over a year away, and actual voting for a president almost 2 years away.

The Justice Department typically discourages investigative activities within 60 days of an election—and prosecutors are well outside of that window.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Oh, and Kevin McCarthy is NOT Speaker of the House. He is the leader of the Republican caucus. It will take 118 votes to make him speaker, and 31 Republicans voted against his leadership. He has a lot of wheeling, dealing and selling his soul before the vote for Speaker in January.

PureX

Veteran Member
Trump's endorsement hasn't been valuable. Of course, that's because he chooses election deniers and those loyal to him. If he supported candidates the party preferred, that would get the Trumpist vote, but what are the odds of that? I think they just need him to disappear, but they can't risk offending his base. The money behind the Republican party has seen Trump cost it the White House, the Senate twice and the House once. The Democrats took full advantage, pushing through a progressive agenda that surely made such people angry and frustrated. That's their money Biden is spending on people for student debt, infrastructure, relief and capping drug prices, and to add insult to injury, he expects them to help pay for it with tax hikes on corporations and the wealthy. What did they just see? Although the house will no longer cooperate with legislation, Trump cost them the Senate again, meaning tons of liberal judges will be confirmed, and if another vacancy arises in the Court, they can't block it. And, the House should be easy to snatch back with so slim a Republican majority, also Trump's fault in their eyes. How much will such people sit for before Trump is neutralized
They need his crazy base, but they can't pander to them anymore without losing the middle. So Trump can be their go-between if he will cooperate. Which he is not likely to do without some sort of force.