• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US: Donald Trump launches 2024 comeback bid, makes his 'very big announcement'

Choose those that agree with you:

• 01: I "think" Donald Trump will be the next president

• 02: I "don't think" Donald Trump will be the next president

• 03: I "hope" Donald Trump will be the next president

• 04: I "don't hope" Donald Trump will be the next president

• 05: I will vote for Trump

• 06: I will not vote for Trump

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You really need to openly admit that you do not understand logic or the burden of proof. I will gladly go over these concepts even using the example that you gave.
You are speaking to someone who understands what the mind in a state of non-duality is about, to observe the machinations of a dualistic mind finding that such a state could be realized unbelievable, is entertaining.

Please do go on with your logic to show why such a state is not possible?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You are speaking to someone who understands what the mind in a state of non-duality is about, to observe the machinations of a dualistic mind finding that such a state could be realized unbelievable, is entertaining.

Please do go on with your logic to show why such a state is not possible?
No, I am talking to someone that claims to understand what the min in a state of non-duality is about.

And why did you use a strawman argument? Try again.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
No, I am talking to someone that claims to understand what the min in a state of non-duality is about.

And why did you use a strawman argument? Try again.
Haha, by that logic, the one who claim to understand what the non-dual mind state is about, is talking to someone who claims to understand logic. Either both are correct, or one or the other right and the other wrong, or both wrong.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Haha, by that logic, the one who claim to understand what the non-dual mind state is about, is talking to someone who claims to understand logic. Either both are correct, or one or the other right and the other wrong, or both wrong.
Sorry, no.. You have demonstrated that you are not reasoning logically. Let's drop your dualistic mind nonsense for the time being. Let's try to work on your inability to use logic and reasoning. It will make you a better debater.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Sorry, no.. You have demonstrated that you are not reasoning logically. Let's drop your dualistic mind nonsense for the time being. Let's try to work on your inability to use logic and reasoning. It will make you a better debater.
So you do not understand logic, did you not ever do Venn diagrams and Boolean Algebra?

Debating implies a duality, that is your court, I'm the non-dualist so there is only one field in which there exists someone who does not know he is a part of this one field, hence he can only see from one aspect, while the other can see all.

The non-dualist is the Universal set in a Venn Diagram, the dualist, A or B or C or etc..

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So you do not understand logic, did you not ever do Venn diagrams and Boolean Algebra?

Debating implies a duality, that is your court, I'm the non-dualist so there is only one field in which there exists someone who does not know he is a part of this one field, hence he can only see from one aspect, while the other can see all.

The non-dualist is the Universal set in a Venn Diagram, the dualist, A or B ot etc..
You seem to be saying that due to your claimed non-dualism that you cannot reason rationally. And you might be right about that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is as explained, if you do not understand Venn Diagrams, say so and another way of explanation will be employed.
No, I understand them fine. It seemed that you were claiming not to understand them. But them maybe your are not a non-dualist after all.

JIMMY12345

Trump is history. He's most unlikely to win the Republican nomination. If he did, he'd be handing victory to the Democrats - and the wiser heads in his party know that now.
Its really about money.For Biden and Trumps sake I hope they do not.The campaign trail is arduous.However the Republicans need a treasure chest to buy advertising time and other.Trump has sources which means he has a big advantage over the others and why I think he will win. Money talks.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Its really about money.For Biden and Trumps sake I hope they do not.The campaign trail is arduous.However the Republicans need a treasure chest to buy advertising time and other.Trump has sources which means he has a big advantage over the others and why I think he will win. Money talks.
That's just lazy cynicism. Voters vote for reasons. Party managers know that.

In any case, Trump doesn't seem to have much money - and he'll need to keep a lot back for lawsuits - while his previous ability to raise funds won't be repeated. Trump is yesterday's novelty.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I wish you were right, but he and his staunch supporters still dominate the Pub Party.
From what I read, most Republican voters now prefer De Sanity Clause. And for Trump things will only get worse once he is indicted. There won't be enough diehards.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
From what I read, most Republican voters now prefer De Sanity Clause. And for Trump things will only get worse once he is indicted. There won't be enough diehards.
I'm very far from being sure he'd be any improvement, especially when you look at the antics he and Abbott have been using.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I'm very far from being sure he'd be any improvement, especially when you look at the antics he and Abbott have been using.
The assessments I have heard is that DeSantis lacks the ability to manupulare voter emotions like Trump does. DeSantis' policies are certainly vile so it remains to be seen what the conservative voter likes, and what sways the moderates. I doubt Trump has a future in politics, and I can't see him risk more humiliation by losing yet again. The real question is whether Biden will run again. If he does I think it is an advantage for the republican nominee.

There is a lot of politics that is going to happen, starting on Jan 3rd with the republicans with a majority in the House. That will be weeks of humiliating theater I predict.

exchemist

Veteran Member
The assessments I have heard is that DeSantis lacks the ability to manupulare voter emotions like Trump does. DeSantis' policies are certainly vile so it remains to be seen what the conservative voter likes, and what sways the moderates. I doubt Trump has a future in politics, and I can't see him risk more humiliation by losing yet again. The real question is whether Biden will run again. If he does I think it is an advantage for the republican nominee.

There is a lot of politics that is going to happen, starting on Jan 3rd with the republicans with a majority in the House. That will be weeks of humiliating theater I predict.
Yes, I fear Biden will run again, at 82 years old, playing into the hands of De Sanity Clause. Surely the Democrats have to skip a generation and find someone more dynamic, with charisma and a plan.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Yes, I fear Biden will run again, at 82 years old, playing into the hands of De Sanity Clause. Surely the Democrats have to skip a generation and find someone more dynamic, with charisma and a plan.
I don't think age is a huge problem. It is apparent that Biden has lost a step or two since he was vice prez. And presidents aren't kings, they have a staff that does most of the work. Look at Reagan fading in his last few years, and things didn't fall apart. My concern is the fear of Biden failing and using it to persuade swing voters towards a republican nominee, and I don't see many that would be good for the USA and the world at the moment. The republicans as a whole are so far right these days that even moderate democrats are conservative.

Biden needs to look at the big picture and be happy that he was elected for a term, and helped recover from the Trump catastrophe. I don't think Harris has the chops to win. I don't see the USA willing to elect a women, and a minority woman especially. It would be smart for both political parties to run moderate candidates that are free of baggage. I like Buttigeig and I could see him be a great vp running mate and setting himself up for a run in 8 years.

I have no idea what will happen on the republican side. I suspect it will be chaos.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I don't think age is a huge problem. It is apparent that Biden has lost a step or two since he was vice prez. And presidents aren't kings, they have a staff that does most of the work. Look at Reagan fading in his last few years, and things didn't fall apart. My concern is the fear of Biden failing and using it to persuade swing voters towards a republican nominee, and I don't see many that would be good for the USA and the world at the moment. The republicans as a whole are so far right these days that even moderate democrats are conservative.

Biden needs to look at the big picture and be happy that he was elected for a term, and helped recover from the Trump catastrophe. I don't think Harris has the chops to win. I don't see the USA willing to elect a women, and a minority woman especially. It would be smart for both political parties to run moderate candidates that are free of baggage. I like Buttigeig and I could see him be a great vp running mate and setting himself up for a run in 8 years.

I have no idea what will happen on the republican side. I suspect it will be chaos.
Oddly enough, Buttigeig is the person I thought - from across the pond admittedly - was the man I'd have voted for. Fabulous CV, good speechmaker, seems competent and very experienced for a man of his age..... But evidently the Dems thought a gay man was a bridge too far for conservative black voters in the Bible Belt, or something. I think I agree about Harris: the absolutely last thing they should do is pick someone who gives the impression of thinking he or she is owed the office on the basis of ticking the right progressive boxes. That would be Clinton 2.0. It's noticeable that our Trumpy trolls on this forum have spent a lot of time trying to trash Harris, presumably because they think she might be the candidate if Biden doesn't run. But I've an awful feeling the Dems may have already boxed themselves in to choosing either Biden or Harris.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I tend to agree with you, but there's been times when the Pubs overplayed their hand and it backfired on them.