• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US: Donald Trump launches 2024 comeback bid, makes his 'very big announcement'

Choose those that agree with you:

• 01: I "think" Donald Trump will be the next president

• 02: I "don't think" Donald Trump will be the next president

• 03: I "hope" Donald Trump will be the next president

• 04: I "don't hope" Donald Trump will be the next president

• 05: I will vote for Trump

• 06: I will not vote for Trump

Results are only viewable after voting.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

Interesting times, will Trump be the next president. He gave a "good" pep talk, I guess that many Americans like his speech. After Biden, Trump looks more capable and powerful

What do you (Americans) think about Trump? You will vote Trump or not?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

I think the modern GOP has a strong tendency to mix religion and politics, but just one religion - Christianity, and of the evangelical sort. And I'm not sure how some of their visions of things, if they have their way, will work out.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Interesting times, will Trump be the next president. He gave a "good" pep talk, I guess that many Americans like his speech. After Biden, Trump looks more capable and powerful

Trump is history. He's most unlikely to win the Republican nomination. If he did, he'd be handing victory to the Democrats - and the wiser heads in his party know that now.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

I couldn’t vote but why would anyone want to vote for a criminal that only cares about himself,has zero respect for the people of America or law,I think he’ll be cast adrift to suffer his fate.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Trump is history. He's most unlikely to win the Republican nomination. If he did, he'd be handing victory to the Democrats - and the wiser heads in his party know that now.
If someone else wins the Republican nomination and Trump explicitly denounced them publicly, do you think his loyal followers would become non voters or split off from the Rep base?

Is it wrong if me to continue to be baffled and somewhat amused by the reactions of the “super hardcore Trumpists?”
Like not his supporters in general, I’m talking about the ones who seemingly worship him. It honestly kind of creeps me out, ngl

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
He gave a "good" pep talk, I guess that many Americans like his speech. After Biden, Trump looks more capable and powerful.

The interesting announcement to me is whether DeSantis will run against him in the primaries.

Too early to bother comparing him to Biden when neither are certainties to be their parties candidates.

exchemist

Veteran Member
If someone else wins the Republican nomination and Trump explicitly denounced them publicly, do you think his loyal followers would become non voters or split off from the Rep base?

Is it wrong if me to continue to be baffled and somewhat amused by the reactions of the “super hardcore Trumpists?”
Like not his supporters in general, I’m talking about the ones who seemingly worship him. It honestly kind of creeps me out, ngl
That's what happens with a personality cult, which is what Trump has built up. But he can't win the nomination based on those people alone. In fact there seems to be evidence from the mid-terms that this cult, epitomised by the Big Lie about the 2020 election, turns off the swing voters, who are the ones that make the difference in an election.

I am fairly confident Trump is going mad now and will further damage his own prospects by making wild accusations against his rival De Sanity Clause (who I was amused to see is described by Murdoch as a "sanitised" version of Trump.) But we shall see. It will be popcorn time.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Don't tease me! A Trump third party candidacy! Talk about a Blue Wave.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I think most people simply want to move on to new names and hopefully new strategy because right now things are not doing so well.

I doubt either Trump nor Biden will be considered for any foreseeable run. Successfuly anyways

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
That's what happens with a personality cult, which is what Trump has built up. But he can't win the nomination based on those people alone. In fact there seems to be evidence from the mid-terms that this cult, epitomised by the Big Lie about the 2020 election, turns off the swing voters, who are the ones that make the difference in an election.

I am fairly confident Trump is going mad now and will further damage his own prospects by making wild accusations against his rival De Sanity Clause (who I was amused to see is described by Murdoch as a "sanitised" version of Trump.) But we shall see. It will be popcorn time.
“De Sanity Clause.”
Ok that got a chuckle out of me lol

PureX

Veteran Member
The republicans need him to not run, but to endorse whomever they do run. But how to get Trump to do that?

Perhaps they could use the threat of prison. Tell Trump they will help the dems put him in prison unless he does as he's told. If they can't get him on board, they are in for more losses in the future. And they'll do anything legal or illegal to avoid that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The republicans need him to not run, but to endorse whomever they do run. But how to get Trump to do that?

Perhaps they could use the threat of prison. Tell Trump they will help the dems put him in prison unless he does as he's told. If they can't get him on board, they are in for more losses in the future. And they'll do anything legal or illegal to avoid that.
That might work. Let's just keep that between ourselves.