• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Impeached!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sure, but he can't (personally) subpoena. The (Trump lackey) rep-led senate can.

--edit

Trump wants to call them all, Pelosi, etc.

But the Senate seems to want to make the trial quick and might not call anyone at all. Just go to vote and acquit.
If the Republicans do that it might look like a cover-up to quite a few people. I think at this point most want the truth to come out. Trump would be hard pressed to keep up his obstruction. At any rate I am getting the popcorn ready. Perhaps we will have to invent a drinking game. Care must be taken in choosing words or phrases since acute alcohol poisoning could be the result.

shmogie

Key word being Republican-led Senate.
Yes, the democrats have had their lynching party.

The Republicans will now untie the democrats knots, and perhaps do a little hanging of their own, by hauling in Biden and his son, and Adam Schiff. They have no executive privilege to invoke.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
So all that is left now is the House (which has a Dem majority) voting on whether they find Mr. Trump's behavior worth of an impeachment.

At this point that is little more than a formality. It is in fact a shame that the Republican-led Senate is not likely to then take advantage of the impeachment to vote to remove him from the seat.

I'm not sure I consider the "Republican" Senate to be Republican anymore. I used to be able to vote Republican for some offices. I barely recognize the party anymore. That they are quite literally destroying and dismantling the founding principles of this country is beyond the worst case scenarios I'd envisioned. If this check fails, it has dire implications for the governance of this nation. Foreign powers will have basically succeeded at destroying the United States as a nation... all without doing something as taboo as firing missiles at us. You would think that the so-called patriotic Republicans would recognize they are playing into the hands of foreign powers that want to see us dismantled.

pearl

At this point that is little more than a formality. It is in fact a shame that the Republican-led Senate is not likely to then take advantage of the impeachment to vote to remove him from the seat.

He is 'their guy' for getting all they want. And that's all that matters to them.

Terry Sampson

Do you think he really cares about this ?
Yes, I do. Folks with oversized egos take even slights from the people they despise to heart. "How dare you disrespect me! Off with your head!" the Red Queen said.

Trump will certainly have a happy new year.
I have no doubt that he'll certainly pretend to anyway. But let's see what his biographers in 10 to 20 years have to say about how he really feels about this stain on his reputation and whether or not it haunted him to his grave.

That's why I actually wouldn't mind seeing him brought back again in 2020.

In the 4th Chapter of Daniel, we can read of King Nebuchadnezzar's descent into madness:
  • Nebuchadnezzar’s Humiliation
    • 28 All this came upon King Nebuchadnezzar.
    • 29 At the end of the twelve months he was walking about the royal palace of Babylon.
    • 30 The king spoke, saying, “Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for a royal dwelling by my mighty power and for the honor of my majesty?”
    • 31 While the word was still in the king’s mouth, a voice fell from heaven: “King Nebuchadnezzar, to you it is spoken: the kingdom has departed from you!
    • 32 And they shall drive you from men, and your dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field. They shall make you eat grass like oxen; and seven times shall pass over you, until you know that the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomever He chooses.”
    • 33 That very hour the word was fulfilled concerning Nebuchadnezzar; he was driven from men and ate grass like oxen; his body was wet with the dew of heaven till his hair had grown like eagles’ feathers and his nails like birds’ claws.
The difference between Nebuchadnezzar and Trump is that Trump does not now believe in God, nor in his madness will he repent, the way that King Nebuchadnezzar did.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I just had the pleasure and privilege of watching the House of Representatives' Judiciary Committee vote on the Articles of Impeachment. Donald John Trump has been impeached by the Committee. Next week, the full House votes. Merry Christmas, Mr. President.

Yeah, those bribery...uhhh, quid pro quo...uhhh, collusion charges are really going to hurt. Oh, wait....

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I just had the pleasure and privilege of watching the House of Representatives' Judiciary Committee vote on the Articles of Impeachment. Donald John Trump has been impeached by the Committee. Next week, the full House votes. Merry Christmas, Mr. President.
I guess its important. He's bribed officials, so its important that he gets impeached though I doubt the republican senate will do anything to him.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Warning Signs for Washington? Sixty percent in the mid-November Morning Consult poll said the impeachment was more important to the media than to them. Twenty-nine percent disagreed. Sixty percent also said it is more important to politicians than to them. Fifty-five percent say that they find it difficult to tell all the investigations in Washington apart. In most polls, neither Republicans nor Democrats are getting high marks for their work.

So, while most things have stayed the same since October, there is evidence that many Americans may feel differently about the impeachment process than many Washington politicos do. For Americans, it isn’t a top priority. The totality of the polls (and the audiences for the hearings) suggest that many people are simply exhausted by the whole process. They prefer to make their opinions known at the ballot box, and they think journalists and politicians find the issue of greater importance than they do. The Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee have not brought the country along, as Nancy Pelosi hoped. This is certainly one reason why many people and many Democrats would like to see it wrapped up very soon.

More On Impeachment Polls

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Warning Signs for Washington? Sixty percent in the mid-November Morning Consult poll said the impeachment was more important to the media than to them. Twenty-nine percent disagreed. Sixty percent also said it is more important to politicians than to them. Fifty-five percent say that they find it difficult to tell all the investigations in Washington apart. In most polls, neither Republicans nor Democrats are getting high marks for their work.
Its actually mostly important for people who don't live in the USA. They want to know that the president is not untouchable.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
They prefer to make their opinions known at the ballot box,
Damn near everybody says that, yet they vote for the same **** every damn year. 2020: SSDE[election]. This is, afterall, the same people who voted for these people they keep sending when they vlice their opinion at the ballot box - everybody elses politician sucks except for mine.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
You want to provide some proof of that bribery? Evidently the entire Democratic Congress is having some trouble proving it.
I don't actually need any proof to know that he did it. The point is we think he did. The whole world thinks he did. Impeachment is necessary when that happens.

PureX

Veteran Member
Most of the country doesn’t want impeachment. Perhaps the Senate will follow what the people want.
What "most of the country" wants is completely irrelevant. The government couldn't care less what most people want. They will do whatever the oligarchs that own them all tell them to do, and I suspect the oligarchs like having Trump in there. He does whatever they want, and he's such a detestable boor that the blame never gets back to them. It stays with Trump. So he's the perfect "signing monkey" and foil for their greed-riddled, anti-social, legislative agenda.

Last edited: