• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Impeached!

Terry Sampson

Sounds like there was a lot of debate when this process was taking place. :)
Nah, just a lot of noise from two teams of Congressmen talking past each other and to their constituencies and the POTUS via TV cameras. Kinda like a lot of RF debates, but with video and audio output.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
So all that is left now is the House (which has a Dem majority) voting on whether they find Mr. Trump's behavior worth of an impeachment.

At this point that is little more than a formality. It is in fact a shame that the Republican-led Senate is not likely to then take advantage of the impeachment to vote to remove him from the seat.

Watchmen

Premium Member
So all that is left now is the House (which has a Dem majority) voting on whether they find Mr. Trump's behavior worth of an impeachment.

At this point that is little more than a formality. It is in fact a shame that the Republican-led Senate is not likely to then take advantage of the impeachment to vote to remove him from the seat.
Most of the country doesn’t want impeachment. Perhaps the Senate will follow what the people want.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
He might also subpoena all the Democrats and ride a wave of unwanted discoveries and his own rhetoric to a re-election.
I don't think he, personally, can do anything except be brought in for questioning. It's the Senate that can subpoena people for hearings. I doubt they would bring him though, because Trump's worse enemy is Trump.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I just had the pleasure and privilege of watching the House of Representatives' Judiciary Committee vote on the Articles of Impeachment. Donald John Trump has been impeached by the Committee. Next week, the full House votes. Merry Christmas, Mr. President.

Well, if they get it done next week, the republican led Senate might get it dismissed before Christmas.
I suppose then Congress will start on next year's impeachment process.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Key word being Republican-led Senate.
Sure, but he can't (personally) subpoena. The (Trump lackey) rep-led senate can.

--edit

Trump wants to call them all, Pelosi, etc.

But the Senate seems to want to make the trial quick and might not call anyone at all. Just go to vote and acquit.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
This is something that had to be done even if it hurts the Dems next year. Gandhi called this approach "disinterested action", namely doing the right thing morally regardless of the consequences.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Most of the country doesn’t want impeachment. Perhaps the Senate will follow what the people want.

Not true. A plurality support impeachment. A minority oppose it. And then there are those that have not decided yet. In other words more people support impeachment than oppose it, but not over half. This is a case where one cannot say "most" for either side since there is a third possibility that you ignored. But if one could ignore the undecided then most do support impeachment:

Where Americans Stand On The Democrats’ Impeachment Charges

shmogie

I just had the pleasure and privilege of watching the House of Representatives' Judiciary Committee vote on the Articles of Impeachment. Donald John Trump has been impeached by the Committee. Next week, the full House votes. Merry Christmas, Mr. President.
Do you think he really cares about this ? I and others in this forum predicted over a year ago that impeachment by the democrats would only help him, and hurt the democrats.

The polls show this to be true.

The trial in the senate, will expose the democrats even more as conducting a purely political ploy.

Trump will certainly have a happy new year.