• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Impeached!

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Do you think he really cares about this ? I and others in this forum predicted over a year ago that impeachment by the democrats would only help him, and hurt the democrats.

The polls show this to be true.

The trial in the senate, will expose the democrats even more as conducting a purely political ploy.

Trump will certainly have a happy new year.
Yes, he really cares about this. His ego is ginormous.

shmogie

I'm not sure I consider the "Republican" Senate to be Republican anymore. I used to be able to vote Republican for some offices. I barely recognize the party anymore. That they are quite literally destroying and dismantling the founding principles of this country is beyond the worst case scenarios I'd envisioned. If this check fails, it has dire implications for the governance of this nation. Foreign powers will have basically succeeded at destroying the United States as a nation... all without doing something as taboo as firing missiles at us. You would think that the so-called patriotic Republicans would recognize they are playing into the hands of foreign powers that want to see us dismantled.
Wow ! You see much that isn't there. How are the Republicans "destroying and dismantling the founding principles of the country" ?

What "dire implications for the governance of the nation" exist ?

By the Constitution, the democrats impeached the president, and by the Constitution, he will not be removed from office.

The democrats haven't come close to showing any foreign power linked to Trump. If they had, it would be a crime, and they would have used it in their articles of impeachment. They did not.

You don't like Trump, perhaps with very good reason. Yet repeating as fact that, what cannot be proven is of no real import,

The democrats hate Trump, because of that hate they started looking for a reason to impeach him on inauguration day.

The Constitution no where states that one party can dispose of the president of another party because they hate him.

The standard is bribery, treason (both statutory crimes) or OTHER (meaning statutory crimes) high crimes or misdemeanors. The democrats haven't produced statutory crimes in their articles. What they have produced are non statutory, that are crimes because it is their opinion they are crimes. It is your opinion they are crimes.

It is the Republican opinion they are not crimes, it is my opinion they are not crimes, the Constitution makes clear they are not crimes. Because Trump committed no crime, he will be found not guilty.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Damn near everybody says that, yet they vote for the same **** every damn year. 2020: SSDE[election]. This is, afterall, the same people who voted for these people they keep sending when they vlice their opinion at the ballot box - everybody elses politician sucks except for mine.

Ok, so? Nothing says the US can't vote in a guy like Trump. As despicable as he may be.

shmogie

What "most of the country" wants is completely irrelevant. The government couldn't care less what most people want. They will do whatever the oligarch that own them all tell them to do, and I suspect the oligarchs like having Trump in there. He does whatever they want, and he's such a detestable boor that the blame never gets back to them. It stays with Trump. So he's the perfect "signing monkey" and foil for their legislative agenda.
Gads. Che lives !

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Yes, he really cares about this. His ego is ginormous.

So big that he will find a way to justify it and blame someone else for it.
Kind of like what Hillary did. I suspect he might even see impeachment as a badge of honor.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Which is a very hard choice to make.
Not at this point, not for the Democrats, I would think.

Things have degenerated to the point that the ultimate choice is between impeaching or being passive accomplices to his misdemeanors.

Besides the moral reasons (which ought by rights be enough on their own), there would be significant electoral consequences if the wrong choice had been made now.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ok, so? Nothing says the US can't vote in a guy like Trump. As despicable as he may be.
Its the idea that overall, they complain and complain and complain yet do nothing to actually address their grievances. Theyll just keep going on voting for the very same D-bags and R-tards they love to complain about.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
He is 'their guy' for getting all they want. And that's all that matters to them.
That is certainly something that they will have to either condone or challenge. And that is probably a good thing, if only because they will have to take a stance and be responsible for it.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
The standard is bribery, treason (both statutory crimes) or OTHER (meaning statutory crimes) high crimes or misdemeanors. The democrats haven't produced statutory crimes in their articles. What they have produced are non statutory, that are crimes because it is their opinion they are crimes. It is your opinion they are crimes.

It's quite clear that you do not understand what the standard is. Abusing the office of the President for personal political gain is
literally what the framers had in mind when they were talking about high crimes and misdemeanors.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I just had the pleasure and privilege of watching the House of Representatives' Judiciary Committee vote on the Articles of Impeachment. Donald John Trump has been impeached by the Committee. Next week, the full House votes. Merry Christmas, Mr. President.

I predict the U.S. Senate will vote against impeachment; hence, this partisan impeachment coup attempt by House Democrats will ultimately fail to depose our P.O.T.U.S.

Happy New Year!

shmogie

It's quite clear that you do not understand what the standard is. Abusing the office of the President for personal political gain is literally what the framers had in mind when they were talking about high crimes and misdemeanors.
Really ? Where in the Constitution does it say that ? Where is the law that lays out the elements of this crime ?

What the Founders had in mind is debatable, what they wrote in the Constitution is not.

If they meant "abuse of power", they would have written it. Three words, easy to write.

It isn't there. It is quite clear that I do not understand how you can make the Constitution say what it does not.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
@BSM1 I hear you. I'm just saying this whole business looks terrible. Biden's deal with Ukraine. Trump's deal with Ukraine. Heads must roll even if only figuratively. Maybe impeachment is enough.

pearl

That is certainly something that they will have to either condone or challenge. And that is probably a good thing, if only because they will have to take a stance and be responsible for it.

So far they have not really defended Trump's action, only denounced the proceedings.
There have been some 200 pieces of legislation passed by the House that have nothing to do with impeachment, but the Senate will no bring them to a vote.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm not sure I consider the "Republican" Senate to be Republican anymore. I used to be able to vote Republican for some offices. I barely recognize the party anymore. That they are quite literally destroying and dismantling the founding principles of this country is beyond the worst case scenarios I'd envisioned. If this check fails, it has dire implications for the governance of this nation. Foreign powers will have basically succeeded at destroying the United States as a nation... all without doing something as taboo as firing missiles at us. You would think that the so-called patriotic Republicans would recognize they are playing into the hands of foreign powers that want to see us dismantled.
Yes, they are now properly to be referred to as the Trump Party. Honor? Forget it. Integrity? Hah. Honesty? No.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It is the Republican opinion they are not crimes, it is my opinion they are not crimes, the Constitution makes clear they are not crimes. Because Trump committed no crime, he will be found not guilty.

That is not what the Constitution says. "High crimes and misdemeanors" has a specific meaning derived originally from British law which the founders were aware of. Crimes is NOT the standard.

High Crimes and Misdemeanors - Constitutional Rights Foundation

The convention adopted “high crimes and misdemeanors” with little discussion. Most of the framers knew the phrase well. Since 1386, the English parliament had used “high crimes and misdemeanors” as one of the grounds to impeach officials of the crown. Officials accused of “high crimes and misdemeanors” were accused of offenses as varied as misappropriating government funds, appointing unfit subordinates, not prosecuting cases, not spending money allocated by Parliament, promoting themselves ahead of more deserving candidates, threatening a grand jury, disobeying an order from Parliament, arresting a man to keep him from running for Parliament, losing a ship by neglecting to moor it, helping “suppress petitions to the King to call a Parliament,” granting warrants without cause, and bribery. Some of these charges were crimes. Others were not. The one common denominator in all these accusations was that the official had somehow abused the power of his office and was unfit to serve.

Trump is charged with abusing the power of his office and thus being unfit to serve as POTUS. Nothing more and nothing less.