1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THE HUNT, new movie

Discussion in 'North American Politics' started by shmogie, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli What's your stoyle?

Ratings:
    +1,416
    Religion:
    Catholic

#121 Landon Caeli, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  2. shmogie

shmogie Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,268
    Religion:
    Christian
    You conveniently left out the term used, deploreables..

3. sooda

sooda Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,088
    Religion:
    Christian
    Trump is not very bright. He hears no voice but his own... and he NEVER shuts up.

4. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli What's your stoyle?

Ratings:
    +1,416
    Religion:
    Catholic
    Oooh, that Trump! :mad:

5. shmogie

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,268
    Religion:
    Christian
    Extending your theory, playing marbles or changing a light bulb have psychological effects.

6. tytlyf

tytlyf The Mind's Eye

Ratings:
    +2,143
    Religion:
    Atheist
    You conveniently never proved 'deplorables' was even used. That's the conspiracy theory you've bought into.

7. shmogie

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,268
    Religion:
    Christian
    Sigh, no conspiracy theory, it was part of the screen play, part of the movie.

You first said that the hunters being liberals was a conspiracy theory, I note you have dropped that bogus CHARGE.

I will move my hotspot so I can copy and paste you the links from my PC, I don't know how to do it from my tablet.

Do you like bourbon sauce with your naked crow ? You will e eating it, whether you like it or not.

8. tytlyf

tytlyf The Mind's Eye

Ratings:
    +2,143
    Religion:
    Atheist
    What makes you think deplorables was used? What makes you think the elitists are liberals?

9. ecco

ecco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,727
    Religion:
    atheist
    Perhaps. But at the same time Hoppy was shooting bad guys in the arm hundreds of Good Ole' Cowboys and Calvery Guys were killing savage indians. Your memory seems to be selective.

I was one of those kids. Back then, if I lived in rural New York and a kid got abducted in rural Kentucky, we New Yorkers never heard about it. News of that kind was local. Today we hear about the more dramatic ones wherever they happen.

So, is it more now or is it more widely publicized now?

10. Augustus

Augustus the Unreasonable

Ratings:
    +8,321
    Religion:
    none
    It makes no difference

The satirical premise of the film appeared to turn on lampooning well-off, angry liberals, portraying them as villainous psychos and the abducted right-wingers "deplorables" as victims in a horror scenario.

The nuance seemed lost on the president shmogie, whose annoyance at the picture had been brewing for days.

11. shmogie

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,268
    Religion:
    Christian
    Who cares about what Trump thinks regarding the matter ?

The movie is an ultra left wingers wet dream. Murdering political enemies, people with southern accents from red states.

It is glorification of political violence in a country with way too many loons who want to kill people for political reasons.

Mark Twain is satire, this movie simply holds a political message, regardless of who is alleged to be the good or bad guy.

12. Augustus

Augustus the Unreasonable

Ratings:
    +8,321
    Religion:
    none
    Unfortunately, you quite obviously don't understand the concept of satire. If you did, you wouldn't makes such an inane point.

Your post makes as much sense as saying Animal Farm glorifies communism because it is about communism, or saying Dr Strangelove is glorification of nuclear war.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tytlyf

tytlyf The Mind's Eye

Ratings:
    +2,143
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Stop trolling. Stop with the conspiracy theories. Do you take medication?

You're sooooo triggered over this, that's how radical RW media likes it

14. shmogie

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,268
    Religion:
    Christian
    LOL. You are the only person on earth who denies this movie contains what it contains. No one associated with it denies the content. Those who have previewed the movie affirm the crassly political content.

There is no conspiracy about anything.

You got caught on the lying side of the equation.

Of course the movie has angered me, and I am very glad it won´t be released.

I spent many years as a LEO, and I have dealt with some loons who were violent and influenced by stuff like this.

Today we have lefty ANTIFA who are extremely violent because of politics, we have murderers shooting people down because of politics, we have right wing groups preaching hate and this movie is just another piece of this garbage.

There is no need for any more crude , blatant incentives for violence.

Because Trump went nuts about the movie, as he goes nuts about something every day, you HAD to defend the movie. Those with Trump derangement syndrome MUST disagree with him on every issue. They seem totally unable to think through issues on their own. Trump is against something, those with TDS are for it, even if they don´t know what it is.

Your condition nailed you on this. Keep pretending if you choose. The emperor has no clothes.

15. Revoltingest

Revoltingest Greased up & ready for action!
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +42,134
    Religion:
    Bokononism
    Now you've done it...you broke it!
    [​IMG]

16. Revoltingest

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +42,134
    Religion:
    Bokononism
  17. tytlyf

tytlyf The Mind's Eye

Ratings:
    +2,143
    Religion:
    Atheist
    What conspiracy theory that I've mentioned is false?

18. Revoltingest

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +42,134
    Religion:
    Bokononism
    That's the thing...they're not even wrong.

19. SkepticThinker

SkepticThinker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,724
    "During his Wednesday testimony before the House Judiciary Committee, special counsel Robert Mueller told Rep. Ken Buck, R-Colo., that a president could be charged with a crime after leaving office.

Buck asked Mueller about the practices of his special counsel's office and their decision not to charge President Donald Trump with the crime of obstruction of justice.

"Could you charge the president with a crime after he left office?" Buck asked.

Mueller responded, "yes."

Buck asked again, "You could charge the President of the United States with obstruction of justice after he left office," to which Mueller responded again, "yes."

Mueller was referring to a 2000 Justice Department Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) memo that had concluded, "a sitting President is constitutionally immune from indictment and criminal prosecution." He cited the same memo when previously declining to make a determination on charging Trump with a crime.

During the hearing, however, Mueller did not make a recommendation for or against obstruction charges for Trump, and instead discussed the Justice Department policy.

"The OLC opinion says that the prosecutor cannot bring a charge against a sitting president, nonetheless he can continue the investigation to see if there are any other persons who are drawn into the conspiracy," continued Mueller.

Earlier, Buck had asked Mueller if his team had found "sufficient evidence" to convict Trump or campaign associates with obstruction of justice."
    Mueller: A president can be charged with obstruction of justice after leaving office

Mueller said in response, “we did not make that calculation” because of the OLC memo.

The memo came up again during later questioning in the hearing.

20. SkepticThinker

SkepticThinker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,724
    Not too long ago, I wrote a paper on the subject of whether violent video games cause violent behavior (e.g. aggressiveness, lack of empathy) in young adults. Earlier studies had indicated a tentative connection between the two, but later studies done under more rigorous conditions do not point to the same conclusions. In fact, most recent studies were not able to draw a correlation between violent video game play and violent behavior in young adults at all. And in some cases, such as online multiplayer games where the players have to work together as a team to beat a "boss," results showed that such players tended to be more co-operative and engaged in other pro-social behaviors (e.g. sharing, volunteering) in "real life."

Also, there are hardcore gamers all over the world, including in countries with very low violent gun crime rates (e.g. Japan).

Just my two cents.

• Like Like x 1