• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THE HUNT, new movie

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Your statements re the Mueller report are simply false. The report specifically stated there was no collusion
No it didn’t. It made a prosecutorial decision that for various reasons it would be inappropriate to bring criminal charges of conspiracy. That is not at all the same thing as saying there was no collusion.

For instance, the report states that they could not be certain that they could prove that Don Jr understood the law when he committed the crime of conspiracy and that was the only reason given for not charging him. But no reasonable person who understands this would say that means there was no collusion.

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
There is too much violent crime in the US, but it's not due to media violence. It has more to do with poverty and social issues.

How can you know that?
While I oppose censoring them, violent games & movies could
possibly influence the culture in a more violent direction.
People will say "Studies prove otherwise!".
I'm skeptical. More thought is appropriate.
You can’t put it on violent video games or movies. And you can’t put it on poverty either. Other countries have all these things, but the epidemic of mass shootings is an American problem.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
You can’t put it on violent video games or movies. And you can’t put it on poverty either. Other countries have all these things, but the epidemic of mass shootings is an American problem.
I wasn't only thinking of mass shootings. The US has probably the highest violent crime rate of the Western world.

Curious George

Veteran Member
What violent video games was Hitler playing? Please provide evidence that violent media causes real-world violence. I already mentioned that the research doesn't support what you're saying.
I would like to know where I said that Hitler played violent video games or that violent video games were necessary for violence.

Media affects and reflects culture. Culture helps shape our beliefs and actions. This is not really disputed.

shmogie

No it didn’t. It made a prosecutorial decision that for various reasons it would be inappropriate to bring criminal charges of conspiracy. That is not at all the same thing as saying there was no collusion.

For instance, the report states that they could not be certain that they could prove that Don Jr understood the law when he committed the crime of conspiracy and that was the only reason given for not charging him. But no reasonable person who understands this would say that means there was no collusion.
I was a LEO for 25 years, a criminal investigator for a chunk of those years.

Either there is evidence to go to the grand jury, or file with the DA, where a case can be taken to court and adjudicated, or there is not.

Conspiracy is a specific intent crime. One must be able to prove the subject had specific intent to commit the crime. Without intent, there is no conspiracy.

If I cannot feel comfortable with my evidence,if it is weak, and will not prove conspiracy, the case ends.

Now, what you think about my investigation or the quality of evidence it is totally irrelevant. It is like counting goals in a table tennis game, it means nothing, just another opinion.

The investigator and prosecutor are responsible for evaluating evidence and bringing a case are the only ones that count.

No case means no conspiracy. Anyone accused is presumed innocent till they are proved guilty in a court of law.

No adjudication, no crime, innocence.

Again, opinions mean nothing.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I would like to know where I said that Hitler played violent video games or that violent video games were necessary for violence.

Media affects and reflects culture. Culture helps shape our beliefs and actions. This is not really disputed.
I didn't say you said that. It was to illustrate my point. You still haven't presented any evidence of your claim.

shmogie

Correct, elites. Globalist doesn't matter.

Haven't seen the movie.

Wrong, no where is deplorables used. Have you not been paying attention to this thread?

Only if you're a conspiracy theorist.

You have issues.

The Hunt | Movie Synopsis and Cast | September 27, 2019
The fragile snowflakes bought the conspiracy theory. All that anger over a movie that never was "democrat's targeting trump supporters."

The power of propaganda.
Really ? The name of the screenplay for the movie was originally ¨red state vs. blue state ΅

No politics there

A plethora of sources say that those who have screened it affirm that a character is going nuts over pro lifers, and is told by his buddy ¨ the hunt is coming up, we can go to the manor and kill some deploreables¨

Nope, nothing about political violence in this movie.

There is no conspiracy theory, no propganda only the movie. It speaks for itself.

Google The movie the hunt, and the term deploreables, see what you find.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm not putting it on any single cause.
All contribute, with some doing more than others.
And some of unknown magnitude if at all.

Are you saying that violent games & movies cannot
possibly exacerbate the problem, & that no study
of them would be useful? If you're not, then we're
likely in agreement.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I'm not putting it on any single cause.
All contribute, with some doing more than others.
And some of unknown magnitude if at all.

Are you saying that violent games & movies cannot
possibly exacerbate the problem, & that no study
of them would be useful? If you're not, then we're
likely in agreement.
I think there have been lots of studies in this area. And they seem to refute the idea that they cause people to act out violently. Not that I am opposed to more studies, there are probably studies going on right now.

My opinion is that violent games and movies are not a major factor in the current epidemic of gun violence in the U.S. If there is evidence to the contrary I will reconsider.

But right now I think this idea is being put forward as a distraction.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Really ? The name of the screenplay for the movie was originally ¨red state vs. blue state ΅

No politics there

A plethora of sources say that those who have screened it affirm that a character is going nuts over pro lifers, and is told by his buddy ¨ the hunt is coming up, we can go to the manor and kill some deploreables¨

Nope, nothing about political violence in this movie.

There is no conspiracy theory, no propganda only the movie. It speaks for itself.

Google The movie the hunt, and the term deploreables, see what you find.
You keep claiming to have all this information yet you don't share any sources. Because the only people saying that are right-wing conspiracy theorists

shmogie

You keep claiming to have all this information yet you don't share any sources. Because the only people saying that are right-wing conspiracy theorists
I picked the most lefty source out of many, just for you. Now, how do you like your crow cooked. Why do you think the pulled the movie ? cause Trump doesn´t like it ? No. The pulled it because the content is exactly as it has been described by many.

Poof goes your idiot conspiracy theory.

WWW.thedailybeast.com.trump-freaks-over-the-the-hunt-a.satrical