• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THE HUNT, new movie

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not too long ago, I wrote a paper on the subject of whether violent video games cause violent behavior (e.g. aggressiveness, lack of empathy) in young adults. Earlier studies had indicated a tentative connection between the two, but later studies done under more rigorous conditions do not point to the same conclusions. In fact, most recent studies were not able to draw a correlation between violent video game play and violent behavior in young adults at all. And in some cases, such as online multiplayer games where the players have to work together as a team to beat a "boss," results showed that such players tended to be more co-operative and engaged in other pro-social behaviors (e.g. sharing, volunteering) in "real life."

Also, there are hardcore gamers all over the world, including in countries with very low violent gun crime rates (e.g. Japan).

Just my two cents.
The "cause behavior" standard could be read multiple ways.
But do the studies show no correlation with exacerbation of violent behavior?
If this were proven, perhaps we should ditch age restrictions for violent entertainment.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The "cause behavior" standard could be read multiple ways.
But do the studies show no correlation with exacerbation of violent behavior?
If this were proven, perhaps we should ditch age restrictions for violent entertainment.

Some studies indicated a slight increase in aggressive behavior in the short-term (E.g. Up to about 15 minutes after play), especially in younger children (under age 6), but that didn't carry into the long-term. Although, I didn't come across many studies that singled out children who may have already had a predisposition toward violence and whether or not violent video game play could exacerbate their already violent tendencies.

One factor that actually does increase violent behaviors in children is the presence of "real life" violence in the household or other areas of a child's environment. That has much more of an impact that playing violent video games does.

I think age restrictions are still appropriate so that kids are not dealing with subject matter they aren't yet equipped to grasp.

shmogie

"During his Wednesday testimony before the House Judiciary Committee, special counsel Robert Mueller told Rep. Ken Buck, R-Colo., that a president could be charged with a crime after leaving office.

Buck asked Mueller about the practices of his special counsel's office and their decision not to charge President Donald Trump with the crime of obstruction of justice.

"Could you charge the president with a crime after he left office?" Buck asked.

Mueller responded, "yes."

Buck asked again, "You could charge the President of the United States with obstruction of justice after he left office," to which Mueller responded again, "yes."

Mueller was referring to a 2000 Justice Department Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) memo that had concluded, "a sitting President is constitutionally immune from indictment and criminal prosecution." He cited the same memo when previously declining to make a determination on charging Trump with a crime.

During the hearing, however, Mueller did not make a recommendation for or against obstruction charges for Trump, and instead discussed the Justice Department policy.

"The OLC opinion says that the prosecutor cannot bring a charge against a sitting president, nonetheless he can continue the investigation to see if there are any other persons who are drawn into the conspiracy," continued Mueller.

Earlier, Buck had asked Mueller if his team had found "sufficient evidence" to convict Trump or campaign associates with obstruction of justice."
Mueller: A president can be charged with obstruction of justice after leaving office

Mueller said in response, “we did not make that calculation” because of the OLC memo.

The memo came up again during later questioning in the hearing.
You assume Mueller was saying Trump could be prosecuted because of a crime.

That is not what he said. He was speaking of the procedure and what could be done IF there was a crime.

If he found obstruction of justice, there is nothing hindering him from saying so, and recommending prosecution after he left office.

Ken Star specifically stated in his report that Clinton was guilty of crimes, and laid out the chain of evidence proving it.

That is why Mueller was given the job, to identify crime and associated guilt. The OLC memo has nothing to do with finding crime and associated guilt, nd specifically identifying it.

He failed in the very responsibility he was charged with.

The memo is a pure cop out for a wrong and sloppy job.

In the real world, if there is no prosecutable crime determined, it is over, unless evidence arises later.

Here Mueller failed, again. Apparently a mush mouth now, not the same guy who ran the FBI, his investigation did not reach any conclusions as to guilt, or innocence of the President. Again, which was his mandate.

So, for two years democrats lied about conspiracy with Russia, when that bubble burst, Mueller gave them an out with obstruction of justice for a crime that never happened.

Done right, we would know that Trump committed no prosecutable crime, or that prosecution was recommended for when he left office.

Personally, I don´t think Mueller had much to do with the report. His testimony was pitiful, he is and was past it.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You assume Mueller was saying Trump could be prosecuted because of a crime.

That is not what he said. He was speaking of the procedure and what could be done IF there was a crime.

If he found obstruction of justice, there is nothing hindering him from saying so, and recommending prosecution after he left office.

Ken Star specifically stated in his report that Clinton was guilty of crimes, and laid out the chain of evidence proving it.

That is why Mueller was given the job, to identify crime and associated guilt. The OLC memo has nothing to do with finding crime and associated guilt, nd specifically identifying it.

He failed in the very responsibility he was charged with.

The memo is a pure cop out for a wrong and sloppy job.

In the real world, if there is no prosecutable crime determined, it is over, unless evidence arises later.

Here Mueller failed, again. Apparently a mush mouth now, not the same guy who ran the FBI, his investigation did not reach any conclusions as to guilt, or innocence of the President. Again, which was his mandate.

So, for two years democrats lied about conspiracy with Russia, when that bubble burst, Mueller gave them an out with obstruction of justice for a crime that never happened.

Done right, we would know that Trump committed no prosecutable crime, or that prosecution was recommended for when he left office.

Personally, I don´t think Mueller had much to do with the report. His testimony was pitiful, he is and was past it.
You say you've read the report, but then you go and say things like this. o_O

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think age restrictions are still appropriate so that kids are not dealing with subject matter they aren't yet equipped to grasp.
Shouldn't their reach exceed their grasp?
I wonder what the harm would be.
Sure, sure, some are prone to nightmares.
But most of us aren't.

Riders

I have been pretty unrelenting in my criticism of todayś society, and it´s major contribution to the violence we see today.

Here is a prime example.

In September a new movie, called THE HUNT will be released.

The premise is simple. Rich progressives legally hunt and murder Conservatives and Trump supporters.

From the clips I have seen, it is raw with violence.

It is supposedly a satire, and perhaps most viewers will understand that. However, I have no doubt that it will embolden some lefty ANTIFA types to more violence.

Violence and threats of violence have become part of the hardcore lefts playbook.

If you are a politician and disagree with them, you are fair game to harassment, or worse. Ask Steve Scalise.

I have not heard one prominent democrat criticize ANTIFA for their beating of a Conservative reporter in Portland. Portland, being a left wing city, allows ANTIFA to run wild. The police watched as a mob beat and seriously injured this man, and no arrests have ever been made.

The hunt is the ultimate lefty dream, as our society becomes more debased. I think we are about circling the drain now, how long before we go down ?

I do not support these types of movies. However I believe the exact opposite would happen, Trumps followers would feel like they ahve a reason to get revenge and strike back! Most of the mass shootings are committed by white racist nationalists who are conservative!!!!!!!!!

Shad

Veteran Member
Another garbage movie. I do not care about whatever politics involved. It looks just like the purge garbage out years ago.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Shouldn't their reach exceed their grasp?
I wonder what the harm would be.
Sure, sure, some are prone to nightmares.
But most of us aren't.
Depends on the age, I guess.
I'm not sure that kids should be exposed to things their minds aren't capable of understanding yet.
This coming from someone who has been watching horror movies since I was 6 years old. :D

ecco

Veteran Member
The movie is an ultra left wingers wet dream. Murdering political enemies,

Damn them lefties.

John F. Kennedy - Murdered by a leftie.
Robert Kennedy - Murdered by a leftie.
Martin Luther King - Murdered by a leftie.
Emmett Till - Murdered by a leftie.
John Lennon - Murdered by a leftie.
George Tiller - Murdered by a leftie.
Matthew Shepard - Murdered by a leftie.

Oh, my mistake. They were all murdered by Rightwing Conservatives.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Damn them lefties.

John F. Kennedy - Murdered by a leftie.
Robert Kennedy - Murdered by a leftie.
Martin Luther King - Murdered by a leftie.
Emmett Till - Murdered by a leftie.
John Lennon - Murdered by a leftie.
George Tiller - Murdered by a leftie.
Matthew Shepard - Murdered by a leftie.

Oh, my mistake. They were all murdered by Rightwing Conservatives.
Are you sure?
I picked the first one to check.
Lee Harvey Oswald - Wikipedia
Excerpted with added underlining....
Oswald asked for legal representation several times while being interrogated, and he also asked for assistance during encounters with reporters. When H. Louis Nichols, President of the Dallas Bar Association, met with him in his cell on Saturday, he declined their services, saying he wanted to be represented by John Abt, chief counsel to the Communist Party USA, or by lawyers associated with the American Civil Liberties Union.[208][209] Both Oswald and Ruth Paine tried to reach Abt by telephone several times Saturday and Sunday,[210][211] but Abt was away for the weekend.[212] Oswald also declined his brother Robert's offer on Saturday to obtain a local attorney.[213]

During an interrogation with Captain Fritz, when asked, "Are you a communist?", he replied, "No, I am not a communist. I am a Marxist."[214][215][216]