• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THE HUNT, new movie

shmogie

I have been pretty unrelenting in my criticism of todayś society, and it´s major contribution to the violence we see today.

Here is a prime example.

In September a new movie, called THE HUNT will be released.

The premise is simple. Rich progressives legally hunt and murder Conservatives and Trump supporters.

From the clips I have seen, it is raw with violence.

It is supposedly a satire, and perhaps most viewers will understand that. However, I have no doubt that it will embolden some lefty ANTIFA types to more violence.

Violence and threats of violence have become part of the hardcore lefts playbook.

If you are a politician and disagree with them, you are fair game to harassment, or worse. Ask Steve Scalise.

I have not heard one prominent democrat criticize ANTIFA for their beating of a Conservative reporter in Portland. Portland, being a left wing city, allows ANTIFA to run wild. The police watched as a mob beat and seriously injured this man, and no arrests have ever been made.

The hunt is the ultimate lefty dream, as our society becomes more debased. I think we are about circling the drain now, how long before we go down ?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Won't be as good as God Bless America (that movie is hilarious, and "movie victims" include Westborro Baptist Church and raging Tea Parties picking on the elderly and disabled).

tytlyf

Not Religious
I have been pretty unrelenting in my criticism of todayś society, and it´s major contribution to the violence we see today.

Here is a prime example.

The premise is simple. Rich progressives legally hunt and murder Conservatives and Trump supporters.

It is supposedly a satire, and perhaps most viewers will understand that. However, I have no doubt that it will embolden some lefty ANTIFA types to more violence.

Violence and threats of violence have become part of the hardcore lefts playbook.

If you are a politician and disagree with them, you are fair game to harassment, or worse. Ask Steve Scalise.

I have not heard one prominent democrat criticize ANTIFA for their beating of a Conservative reporter in Portland. Portland, being a left wing city, allows ANTIFA to run wild. The police watched as a mob beat and seriously injured this man, and no arrests have ever been made.

The hunt is the ultimate lefty dream, as our society becomes more debased. I think we are about circling the drain now, how long before we go down ?
Come on, let's see the RW source you found this at. Gotta love conspiracy theories and panic mongering propaganda.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Here is a prime example.

I suppose it depends on how it ends and ultimately what if any moral message is conveyed.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Come on, let's see the RW source you found this at. Gotta love conspiracy theories and panic mongering propaganda.
It's not just RW sources covering it. And that movie I mentioned, God Bless America, the protagonist is described as "Liberal with a gun." And every bullet fired in that movie (almost, anyways) is a punch line against tacky celebrities, rude people, and even some Conservatives and Republicans.
And it heavily glorifies Alice Cooper which is why it will be the superior flick.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I suppose it depends on how it ends and ultimately what if any moral message is conveyed.
It could be about a man who decides to go killing after he's told he has terminal brain cancer. Not much morality, not much a message, but a movie to make you grin and laugh as various ******** are gunned down.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This being an indy flick it didn't pick up much attention.
91pWedtRdIL._SY445_.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
All sources are describing the movie as "Rich progressives legally hunt and murder Conservatives and Trump supporters"?
As far as I can tell. And that's why I'm also bringing up God Bless America, because it's a "Liberal with a gun," and the protagonist does kill Conservatives and Republicans in it. So it does happen. And God Bless America is hilarious. Especially when their spoof of Fred Phelps gets hit with a car and thrown off a cliff. Or maybe it's just vicarious gratification more than comedy?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
It could be about a man who decides to go killing after he's told he has terminal brain cancer. Not much morality, not much a message, but a movie to make you grin and laugh as various ******** are gunned down.

Yes, it seems a little premature to criticize until someone has watched the entire movie. Not even sure of the actual political connection being claimed.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The film follows twelve strangers, referred to as deplorables in the trailer, who mysteriously wake up in a clearing. They do not know where they are or how they got there. They discover that they have been chosen to be hunted in a game devised by a group of rich elites. The hunters gather in a remote facility called the Manor House, but their sport gets derailed when one of the hunted, Crystal (Gilpin), fights back and starts killing them one by one

So the so called deplorables start killing off the elite one by one.:eek:

Cool, bad *** white chick gets revenge on the elite.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Here is a prime example.

Oh FFS... you do realize that "the deplorables" are the protagonists and that the "Liberal Elites" are the antagonists, right? This swill from your trough, son.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It sounds a bit like a short story we read in middle school called "The Most Dangerous Game," first published in 1924. It's a great story. I think they made it into a terrible movie, as well.
Full text of "The Most Dangerous Game"

"Twelve strangers wake up in a clearing. They don't know where they are, or how they got there. They don't know they've been chosen... for a very specific purpose... The Hunt. In the shadow of a dark internet conspiracy theory, a group of globalist elites gathers for the very first time at a remote Manor House to hunt humans for sport. But the elites' master plan is about to be derailed because one of the hunted, Crystal (Betty Gilpin, GLOW), knows The Hunters' game better than they do. She turns the tables on the killers, picking them off, one by one, as she makes her way toward the mysterious woman (two-time Oscar (R) winner Hilary Swank) at the center of it all."
The Hunt (2019)

tytlyf

Not Religious
The film follows twelve strangers, referred to as deplorables

So the so called deplorables start killing off the elite one by one.:eek:

? I've watched the trailers. Not a single one referred to the people as 'deplorables.'

shmogie

Oh FFS... you do realize that "the deplorables" are the protagonists and that the "Liberal Elites" are the antagonists, right? This swill from your trough, son.
What difference does it make as to who the good and bad guys are ? I couldn´t care less.

It is another them and us movie and the thems are not aliens or Russian soldiers, they are American citizens violently hunting down other American citizens.

The script occurred last weekend.

So, another movie pushing extreme violence. When the haters of whomever who live vicariously through this stuff decide to act in reality, and shoot up a mall, it is because they could get a gun.

It had nothing to do with the glorification of violence on a mind already lusting for violence out of hate, politics or racism.

No, that isn´t the issue.

And I say F that, I have interacted with these kinds of people, and I know better.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
What difference does it make as to who the good and bad guys are ? I couldn´t care less.

It is another them and us movie and the thems are not aliens or Russian soldiers, they are American citizens violently hunting down other American citizens.

The script occurred last weekend.

So, another movie pushing extreme violence. When the haters of whomever who live vicariously through this stuff decide to act in reality, and shoot up a mall, it is because they could get a gun.

It had nothing to do with the glorification of violence on a mind already lusting for violence out of hate, politics or racism.

No, that isn´t the issue.

And I say F that, I have interacted with these kinds of people, and I know better.

The bible is filled to the brim with blood and barbarity, yet you hold it near and dear to your heart.