• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Korea president says Trump deserves Nobel

Spiderman

Veteran Member
South Korea president says Trump deserves Nobel Peace Prize

Yoiks! Has the President of South Korea gone insane?

Comments?

My guess is that the Nobel Committee would only give Trump the award if they were forced to recognize he played a part in a peace agreement that produced results. Unlike someone, not too long ago, who got the Peace Prize just for things he might do and not for anything he had actually done.

There was talk of Hitler receiving the Nobel Peace Prize at one time.

No, I don't think the President of South Korea has gone insane. I didn't read the link, but if I was in South Korea, I'd feel better knowing that someone like Trump has our back, because Trump, after all, would respond to North Korea with "Fire" and "Fury" if they tried to harm South Korea in any way. The Korean War never ended. They simply drew a Demilitarized zone and stopped killing eachother, but there was no end to the war.

I'm not saying Trump is a great guy. He really needs to watch his mouth....he can be very offensive and stupid at times...he can have very poor judgment...But he does a very good job of keeping North Korea in check, and I can guarantee you, Kim Jong Un is a lot more scared of Trump than he would be of Hillary. Kimmie runs his mouth a lot, like a barking Chihuahua, but he knows America could easily exercise ownership of his starving little Dictatorship, which is precisely what Trump would do if they decided to get aggressive.

I'm not saying Trump is doing a good job at anything. But I'm trying to look at things from a South Korean perspective, and I can see how they feel more secure when a bully like Trump has their back.

jonathan180iq

I've been out of it for a while. Can someone explain to me how Trump was involved in this thing and why he's getting credit for it?

The last thing I saw were the two Korean leaders shaking hands at the border. Trump wasn't there. Did they send an envoy or something?

I'm not being facetious. I really don't know what his involvement was.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Why should anyone get the Nobel Peace Prize if they threatened to annihilate another country, as Trump has repeatedly done.

BTW, I didn't think Obama deserved it either, especially since he sent in so many drone strikes that killed a great many civilians.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Great point Jumi. I that Obama was the nicer guy. In fact I would rather hang out with him than Trump. Unfortunately being the nice guy doesn't often command respect from potential enemies. Guys like Putin or Jong Un may hate Trump, but they respect him as an adversary.
Just a note: Kim is actually his surname, not his first name. In Chinese and Korean naming systems, the family name comes first. For example, the Chinese actress named Zhang Ziyi switched her name around to Ziyi Zhang to become more Westernized (and was criticized for it).

Last edited:

Jumi

So many here & on the left predicted that Trump was emulating &
possibly becoming Hitler. But as I recall, it wasn't in this particular way.
Meanwhile Turkey's Erdogan accused Merkel and Germany acting just like the Nazis while their actions don't quite seem like it... doesn't everybody already know Godwin's law?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Meanwhile Turkey's Erdogan accused Merkel and Germany acting just like the Nazis while their actions don't quite seem like it... doesn't everybody already know Godwin's law?
We wouldn't have Godwin's Law if people
knew when to avoid causing its invocation.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Trump taking time out of his speech at the 00:40 mark to bask in calls for a Nobel peace prize. And then at about the 01:36 mark taking credit for having "everything" to do with the Korea peace talks.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

Spiderman

Veteran Member

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

My first thought was laughter. Trump with his idiot words, tried to get us in a war with North Korea.

This was followed by the thought that Putin has North Korea's ear. Politics, money, and workers, are going back and forth with Russia, etc.

Interesting that Trump suddenly calms down the "bigger you know what" war crap, - and suddenly North Korea wants to talk and take pictures.

Think about it.

Putin messed with our election to put Trump in, and Putin has North Korea's ear. How convenient.

Is Putin messing with us again? Did Putin tell Trump to back off, and let him twist events again, by telling North Korea to meet with him, and South Korea?

Thus boosting his picks' political ratings?

Inquiring minds want to know!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

My first thought was laughter. Trump with his idiot words, tried to get us in a war with North Korea.

This was followed by the thought that Putin has North Korea's ear. Politics, money, and workers, are going back and forth with Russia, etc.

Interesting that Trump suddenly calms down the "bigger you know what" war crap, - and suddenly North Korea wants to talk and take pictures.

Think about it.

Putin messed with our election to put Trump in, and Putin has North Korea's ear. How convenient.

Is Putin messing with us again? Did Putin tell Trump to back off, and let him twist events again, by telling North Korea to meet with him, and South Korea?

Thus boosting his picks' political ratings?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Besides yourself, who is claiming this, @Ingledsva ?

I have not heard anyone state that Putin has any particularly close relationship with Lil' Kimmy. Source?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Besides yourself, who is claiming this, @Ingledsva ?

I have not heard anyone state that Putin has any particularly close relationship with Lil' Kimmy. Source?

May I suggest you Google "Putin and North Korea?"

They have a Political friendship. An estimated 50,000 North Koreans work in Russia. They are planning a new bridge between the two countries. North Korea NEEDS Russian money.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
May I suggest you Google "Putin and North Korea?"

They have a Political friendship. An estimated 50,000 North Koreans work in Russia. They are planning a new bridge between the two countries. North Korea NEEDS Russian money.

Ok. Looked into it. I simply don't think that Russia has all that much influence over Kin Jung-Un but what you have brought to the table is interesting.

David T

Premium Member
ABSOLUTELY!!!! And strategically it plays right into China's hand because we now will have zero reason to be there. So China wins, north Korea, wins, south Korea wins, we are forced to draw back out of that region and trump wins the Nobel for what has been a strategic position in Asia. PERFECT!!!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ok. Looked into it. I simply don't think that Russia has all that much influence over Kin Jung-Un but what you have brought to the table is interesting.
The claim of Putin influencing Trump is a powerful one.
1) Being covert, it cannot be disproven.
2) But there's just enuf smoke to make it imaginable.
3) It's delicious & titillating for his foes.
4) It keeps the troops motivated.

Trump's most fervent foes have this old poster....
th

idav

Being
Premium Member
South Korea president says Trump deserves Nobel Peace Prize

Yoiks! Has the President of South Korea gone insane?

Comments?

My guess is that the Nobel Committee would only give Trump the award if they were forced to recognize he played a part in a peace agreement that produced results. Unlike someone, not too long ago, who got the Peace Prize just for things he might do and not for anything he had actually done.
God could get the prize for destroying the mountain housing Kims nuke site. He claims there are still operable tunnels not part of the main facility, whatever thats supposed to mean. UN deserves credit as well as whoevers bright idea it was to put the olympics in S Korea causing Kim to finally open up communications. Several factors to consider but consider me hesitant to call someone using bullying a harbinger of peace.