• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Korea president says Trump deserves Nobel

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
God could get the prize for destroying the mountain housing Kims nuke site. He claims there are still operable tunnels not part of the main facility, whatever thats supposed to mean. UN deserves credit as well as whoevers bright idea it was to put the olympics in S Korea causing Kim to finally open up communications. Several factors to consider but consider me hesitant to call someone using bullying a harbinger of peace.
The folks that bring the Olympics are the IOC, NOT the UN.

IOC - International Olympic Committee

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I figure of Trump wasn't around, North Korea would still be isolationist and making nukes.

Like Hillary would have gotten the peace prize had she been president. We will never know now.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
South Korea president says Trump deserves Nobel Peace Prize

Yoiks! Has the President of South Korea gone insane?

Comments?

My guess is that the Nobel Committee would only give Trump the award if they were forced to recognize he played a part in a peace agreement that produced results. Unlike someone, not too long ago, who got the Peace Prize just for things he might do and not for anything he had actually done.
Are you surprised he said it? Trump desires accolades and praise, S. Korean president is giving it to him hoping that would keep Trump in line with his peace efforts. The best way to get Trump to go along with what you want is through constant praise.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Are you surprised he said it? Trump desires accolades and praise, S. Korean president is giving it to him hoping that would keep Trump in line with his peace efforts. The best way to get Trump to go along with what you want is through constant praise.
I keep forgetting that. Thanks for the edification.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I figure of Trump wasn't around, North Korea would still be isolationist and making nukes.

Like Hillary would have gotten the peace prize had she been president. We will never know now.
You don't have to actually do anything to win one.
Just be the kind of person they like so much that it's a general accolade.
It's happened before.....

Much to the left leaning voters' delight,
Obama received the Nobel Prize last night.
Twas nothing he'd done,
so why had he won?
Not for what he did, but for what he might.

But Trump is so widely hated that he'd never win....even if he cured cancer, deposed
Putin, & got Israel & all the Muslims to disarm while singing Kumbaya together.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Could be - he made an offer that couldn't be refused - but we can't then say it thus came from Trump though?
I figured Kimmy didn't want to be invaded and end up like Saddam Hussein. Of course, that also would end his reign of supreme godhood worthy of mandated worship by the little people he lords over.

Riders

Id be happy if there was peace there. Are North and South Korea becoming peaceful?Have they gotten rid of their bombs?Nuclear ones I meant?