• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

South Korea president says Trump deserves Nobel

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
South Korea president says Trump deserves Nobel Peace Prize

Yoiks! Has the President of South Korea gone insane?

Comments?

My guess is that the Nobel Committee would only give Trump the award if they were forced to recognize he played a part in a peace agreement that produced results. Unlike someone, not too long ago, who got the Peace Prize just for things he might do and not for anything he had actually done.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
South Korea president says Trump deserves Nobel Peace Prize

Yoiks! Has the President of South Korea gone insane?

Comments?

My guess is that the Nobel Committee would only give Trump the award if they were forced to recognize he played a part in a peace agreement that produced results. Unlike someone, not too long ago, who got the Peace Prize just for things he might do and not for anything he had actually done.

Fine if he shared it with Kim Jong-un, and peace came about, and he retired from politics.

David1967

Premium Member
Fine if he shared it with Kim Jong-un, and peace came about, and he retired from politics.

No. Jong Un has actually murdered and tortured so many of his own. It would be like giving Stalin the Nobel Peace Prize. Or even Hitler.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
No. Jong Un has actually murdered and tortured so many of his own. It would be like giving Stalin the Nobel Peace Prize. Or even Hitler.
Though a terrible idea, giving Lil' Kim the Peace prize, IF this all works out, it would give him a real incentive to settle down and join the world community. It might actually help the North Korean people - in the long run.

David1967

Premium Member
Though a terrible idea, giving Lil' Kim the Peace prize, IF this all works out, it would give him a real incentive to settle down and join the world community. It might actually help the North Korean people - in the long run.

I understand what you are saying. And you may be right, but it would take the meaning of 'peace prize' to a different level. But then again, what exactly did Obama get the prize for?

Jumi

Can you imagine though if Xi, Putin(or Lavrov), Kim, Moon and Trump shared a peace prize for ending the Korean war? I think the Nobel committee would commit suicide before doing that even if the Koreas united and dismantled all the camps.