• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islam and Judaism are refuted.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
It was also found that the found Isaiah scroll is completely identical with the book of Isaiah in the Bible. This proves firstly that at least the book of Isaiah was not falsified, secondly that Jesus is the true God and the Father of eternity

No............ Sadly not.
Yes, the book of Isaiah is accurate to today's bibles, and no, it doesn't prove Jesus is God.
Isaiah's prophecy is just a prophecy for the Jews and may yet come about.

Christian claims are so subjective and agenda driven, imo.

sooda

Veteran Member
First of all, do you believe that Israel was God's son in Egypt? If I recall correctly, didn't you say you didn't believe that Israel was in Egypt and was taken out of bondage?

Egypt controlled Sinai and Canaan. Look at the extent of the Egyptian Empire at the time of Abraham or Moses. Its an epic myth.

egypt-map.jpg

Hosea 11:1.

God’s Continuing Love for Israel
God's Love for Israel - “When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.

sooda

Veteran Member
No............ Sadly not.
Yes, the book of Isaiah is accurate to today's bibles, and no, it doesn't prove Jesus is God.
Isaiah's prophecy is just a prophecy for the Jews and may yet come about.

Christian claims are so subjective and agenda driven, imo.

Isaiah was writing about Cyrus of Persia.

sooda

Veteran Member
You are thinking of a nation as being a geographical location. Israel is a People. It is a TRIBAL nation. And so YES Israel CAN be called out of Egypt and reestablished in Canaan.

Thanks. Its good to remember that Israel was a tribal nation when you're slogging thru these histories.

This history may also help.

Egyptian Empire

The Egyptians were fighting the sea people on the coast of Palestine.

sooda

Veteran Member
You're putting a smile on my face because you don't believe what the Bible says, yet you quote it sometimes as if you do. So either it's all a sham in your mind, or none of it is.

I am looking at separating the fact from fiction. Take away the embellishments.
Its impossible to understand the OT if you know nothing about Egypt, Persia, Mesopotamia, Syria and Palestine.

Egyptian Empire

sooda

Veteran Member
If you think so.
Maybe.......

Look at when "Isaiah lived"... Isaiah is writing history not the future.

King Cyrus in Isaiah’s Prophecy. Isaiah prophesied that King Cyrus would enact the foremost decree for rebuilding the Jewish temple. The prophet began his message by honoring God for creating the heavens, then he praises God’s providence for bringing to life His servant Cyrus whom the Lord preordained hundreds of years in advance (Isaiah 44:24).

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Thanks. Its good to remember that Israel was a tribal nation when you're slogging thru these histories.

This history may also help.

Egyptian Empire

The Egyptians were fighting the sea people on the coast of Palestine.
Well, I was going to read it, but I would have had to give up my email address to establish an account. I already get enough junk mail. Plus I figure that the topic of the Egyptians fight the sea people is quite a bit off topic anyhow. But thanks.

sooda

Veteran Member
Well, I was going to read it, but I would have had to give up my email address to establish an account. I already get enough junk mail. Plus I figure that the topic of the Egyptians fight the sea people is quite a bit off topic anyhow. But thanks.
I read it with without giving any email address. Yes it's pertinent.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I stumbled on this quite by accident, and wanted to comment in return.

I see comments lie this from time to time and as a Jew/Israelite, I feel compelled to clear up the misunderstanding, since it is my people that are getting commented upon.

We are basically talking about a tribal people, the descendants of Abraham through Isaac and Israel, along with those who have been adopted into the people along the way (such as Ruth, Rahab for instance).

Abraham began life as a Sumerian from Ur, but became the first Hebrew when he crossed over the Euphrates River.

The term Hebrew continued to be used until the Exodus from Egypt. At the point where the 12 tribes left Egypt, they began to call themselves b'nei Yisrael, or Children of Israel (Israelites), often just shortened to Israel.

Sometime later in history, the Kingdom of Israel split into two smaller Kingdoms. The Northern Kingdom with 10 tribes plus levi (Joseph had divided into Manasseh and Ephraim) and the Southern Kingdom had 2 tribes plus levi. When the northern Kingdom of Isreal was destroyed, three things happened. Most of them went into captivity and were never heard from again (aka the ten lost tribes). Others intermarried with local pagans and became the Samaritans. Still others fled southward as refugees to the southern kingdom of Judah where they were welcomed. Thus the Southern Kingdom of Judah was made up of the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, Levi, and the refugees of the 10 northern tribes.

When Judah went in the Babylonian Captivity, this means representatives from all 12 tribes plus levi went into exile. In Babylon, they were all indescriminataley called Jews, since they had come from the kingdom of Judah.

Thus, Jews refers to any of the tribes of the Children of Israel. IOW "Jews" are "Israelites" and "non-Jews" are the same as "non-Israelites."

And Israeli is a totally different thing from an Israelite. There are of course non-Jews who are Israelis.

Sorry this reply took so long, but it was necessary background to address you point.
No, I don't do abstractions. The descriptions in the New Testament ie gentiles, christians, jews, actually make sense. Your mixture of religion with ethnicity argument, doesn't work here. It's actually not even relevant.

Save your nonsense for others, not interested.

sooda

Veteran Member
No, I don't do abstractions. The descriptions in the New Testament ie gentiles, christians, jews, actually make sense. Your mixture of religion with ethnicity argument, doesn't work here. It's actually not even relevant.

Save your nonsense for others, not interested.

Hosea and Isaiah are OT and they make it perfectly clear that Israel is the servant and son of God.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Hi.

Hope you are well.

Or it could be that the folk who wrote about Jesus had very little knowledge of Judaism.

Very best regards

Paul
'judaism' is a different religion from the churches that are called Christianity.

What I wrote isn't from a church, writing, it's from the Bible.

If you want to be a propaganda troll at least learn the subject, what a joke.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Why Jew doesn't mean 'israel'.
Jew, the name or designation for a religious branch, was used as early as the writing of the New Testament , to signify, those Israelites who didn't believe in Jesus, and, also had different beliefs from the Holy Land Christians, called then , The Church of God.

Josephus called the Christians, a 'Tribe'. These Christians are noted as consisting of both Jews, and others.
Josephus, clearly is regarding 'Israel' here to mean of course 'those of the Holy Land', since it is obvious that Christians religiously do not share the same beliefs as who became religiously, 'jews', a religious designation, regardless of actual inference.
Jesus is of Juda
What this means, as referenced in the New Testament, is that the religious beliefs held in general by the Christians were 'of Judah', which matches the texts used by Christianity, and the traditional concepts regarding God, so forth.

'Jew' therefore as a description does not mean "israel'' which is a national description, not a later religious designation.

Last edited:

Wandering Monk

Paul calls himself a Jew of the tribe of Benjamin, so he doesn't use the term Jew to mean only those from the tribe of Judah, but any Israelite.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Egypt controlled Sinai and Canaan. Look at the extent of the Egyptian Empire at the time of Abraham or Moses. Its an epic myth.

egypt-map.jpg

Hosea 11:1.

God’s Continuing Love for Israel
God's Love for Israel - “When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.
Didn't you say that Israel was not released from Egypt, that it's all a myth? So please answer if you actually believe that the nation of Israel was ever in servitude in Egypt?

sooda

Veteran Member
Didn't you say that Israel was not released from Egypt, that it's all a myth? So please answer if you actually believe that the nation of Israel was ever in servitude in Egypt?

Nope.. unless they called paying tribute "slavery". They have invented a history and identity for themselves... but YOU have to reject all other history, written records and archaeology to buy into it.

Moses didn't even know the name of the Pharaoh and he grew up in his household.